“Best Stay Ever July 4th weekend 2014”

Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
Ranked #5 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Best Stay Ever July 4th weekend 2014”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Overall loved this resort. I come to vacation at myrtle beach every year for last 12 years and this resort is the best overall. Pool is not kid friendly but the oversized rooms loaded with everything you will need while at the beach. Staff very friendly and polite. Loved the valet service and quick response. My 2 bedroom suite was 1200 sq ft and very comfortable. Felt like I was in a home and not a crammed hotel at the beach. This is my second time at the resort and I must say the first 2 bedroom suite was not as clean and updated as my last stay. My first stay a year ago we had no flat screen tvs. This time we did. My concern is that certain parts of the resorts rooms are newer and in better condition. I will ask to stay in this last room again if I can reserve the same room. I wish the room décor and cleanliness would be more consistience and I would feel comfortable recommending it to my other friends. I don't want to tell them about it and they get an old outdated room. I would take this resort over any hotel on the beach. We will be going next year if I can get my same room. I really want to try the four bedroom two story suite next year

Room Tip: Waterway suites overlooking the pool
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Reggie M
Anthony_Bot, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Reggie M, we are glad to have had you stay at our resort for your last two vacations here in Myrtle Beach! Here at the Marina Inn, we try to keep all our rooms modern and in pristine condition for our guests, as that is what they deserve. Our spacious Mediterranean-Style 2 Bedroom Villas provide a wonderful atmosphere for any vacationer! We had made some updates and installed new TV’s since your last stay and do our best to keep consistency with all of our rooms. We strive to accommodate our guests in a room that they would enjoy and it is great to know that we could do that for you. Perhaps on your future stay you will be able to book the 4-Bedroom Penthouse which provides stunning views on both floors of its large living quarters! We are happy that you selected to stay with us again and we are excited to have you stay in the future here at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The best Myrtle Beach has to offer. Great service. Great staff. Great beach. Great shuttle to the beach. Next to a great Ruth's Chris. It just doesn't get any better than this. Also, the hotel has a great restaurant and bar.

Room Tip: Junior suites are just phenomenal !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Anthony_Bot, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Kenneth j, Thank you so much for the incredible comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes! We truly appreciate the wonderful comments regarding our staff, beach area and shuttle! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and are definitely looking forward to your return!
Montreal, QC
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Overall our experience was very nice and we would definitely consider going back to this hotel. Staff was very friendly and really made an effort to accommodate us, despite the fact that we had several problems. Before booking this place, I visited the Grande Dunes web site where a picture of the Ocean Club was displayed. On that site, there was a link that led me to the Marina Inn web site. We were under the impression that we would have access to the club, which is not the case. The club is only accessible to homeowners and their guests. Needless to say, we were not very happy on our first day. The Marina Inn took our comments under consideration and gave us $160 worth of food vouchers.

The second issue we had was with our washing machine. We turned the machine on at noon and returned to the room at 6, only to discover that the machine never stopped. Turned out the timer was broken. Unfortunately some of our clothing was damaged. As a result, the hotel decided to give us a generous credit back on our card of $144.

Problems aside, the place was beautiful. Great hotel in a good location away from the touristy area of Myrtle Beach. Beach across the street is fantastic. We rented some jet skis at the marina next to the hotel. Lots of fun!

Would definitely consider going back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank thegoldies
Shauna H, Front Office Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
thegoldies, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I do apologize about the misunderstanding with the Ocean Club. We do share the community name of Grande Dunes but unfortunately we do not have any other affiliation. I also wanted to apologize for the issues with your washing machine. I'm glad we were able to fix that for you and I'm thrilled that you are satisfied with the way we handled your situation. It was a real pleasure to meet you and your family and I cant wait to have the chance to accommodate you for your next vacation . Thank you once again and Have a Grande Day !!!
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had such a wonderful and memorable week at the Marina Inn. We have very high standards when it comes to choosing a clean hotel. The Marina Inn did not disappoint!! Everything about our stay was so perfect!! Thank you to Marina Inn for doing an impeccable job from the beautiful decor, very comfortable beds, to the salt water pool!!! What a great job on a very clean place to stay. We will definitely be back. Thanks again.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Marleygirl3
Anthony_Bot, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Marleygirl3, We are so happy you had such a memorable week while here at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes! We appreciate the kind words in regards to the cleanliness of your room as well as the comfortable beds. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our salt water pool as well. Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your positive experience and we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Location is nice-on the marina and golf course. Much better option than on the boardwalk/beach. Nice outdoor pool, restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Rooms are pretty large and include a refrigerator/desk/vanity. Bathroom was great-spacious with a rain-shower and separate tub. Unfortunately the room door doesn't block out hallway sound at all. It felt like there wasn't a door when people were passing by and talking at a regular level. Please give the maids doorstops so they can prop room doors open to clean rooms as opposed to having them use the door lock lever and have continuous slamming as they go in and out of the rooms. Was really put off at check-in when the clerk felt the need to say twice that we booked through a 3rd party. I inquired about purchasing an upgrade and the agent needed to call someone to ask and told that person again we booked through a 3rd party. If you don't like 3rd party reservations, you shouldn't give them your rooms to sell. We wouldn't have found you otherwise by the way. The attitude of 3rd party guests must be 2nd class wasn't appreciated.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Travelin2Anywhere
DavidinMB, General Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Travelin: Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of your recent stay with us. Thank you also for being so thorough and your comments regarding our location, pool, restaurant, guest rooms and bathrooms. I am sorry that you found the corridor outside of your room noisy and am currently investigating to see if the threshold needs adjusting and anything else that could cause the noise penetration. Great recommendation on the doorstops…we are implementing due to your suggestion! Thanks. By the way, we are very committed to our third party partners and I am truly sorry if this did not come across during your conversation with our desk. There are times when reservations are made thru one of our partners that changing the accommodation is not possible due to the contractual agreement…however these details should never affect you, the customer. If the upgrade was available, we should have offered it to you with an upgrade fee that was appropriate. Thanks again for staying with us and for your favorable review. We look forward to your return in the near future!! All the best, David Nelson, GM.
White Plains, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay. The resort was beautiful and spotless. On the Intracoastal Waterway and a PGA golf course, away from the hustle and bustle of the Boardwalk. Shuttle service to private beach area, with chairs, towels and umbrellas provided, a place to grab lunch and restrooms/changing rooms. Short drive to Broadway on the Beach and other attractions. The staff was exceptionally welcoming and professional. Absolutely loved it and will definitely be going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy T
MIExec, Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Good morning Tracy T. I am so pleased that you had a wonderful stay at the Marina Inn and reached out to us to share your thoughts. Our staff takes great pride in the Resort and I'm sure that is why it is reflected in their "exceptionally welcoming" and professional behavior. It was also nice to hear that you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that we offer at the resort in addition to visiting some of the attractions here in Myrtle Beach that are conveniently located to us. We thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again next time your in the area.
Eleanor
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. Spacious rooms and friendly staff. I will repeat that the staff was super friendly and helpful. I did like the go green incentive. I did not like the fact that you cannot load and unload your own luggage with the use of the valet dolly. The outdoor pool was just okay - not big enough. The lobby coffee was out of coffee most mornings I went to get some. All in all, I was happy with the stay and it would get 5 stars if the location was right on the beach and it was geared towards children.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Shauna H, Front Office Manager at Marina Inn at Grande Dunes, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Gina S, Thank you for writing a review about your experience here at the Marina Inn. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our rooms and the staff made you feel at home. I apologize that you were not happy with us unloading and loading your luggage. Our property is a AAA 4 Diamond property and that dictates that we not only open your car doors and welcome you but we must also unload your luggage and guide you to your room so that you feel how important you are to us. I also want to apologize that you didn't feel that we are geared towards families. We have our kids activities daily to assist in keeping the kids busy so you can relax and then we also have a complimentary shuttle that takes you to and from the beach. These services are provided so that you can kick back and really feel like you are on vacation and we will do all the work for you. We sincerely appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you again next time you and your family are in the Myrtle Beach area..