My family just returned from a 5 night stay and we were so disappointed. I had stayed at the Marina Inn in the past and it was a very different experience. First, I will say the staff at the front desk were very kind and welcoming. The location is very nice. It's away from the craziness of myrtle beach, but a quick shuttle ride to the beach.
The problem is the lack of attention to detail, which is what made this resort stand out in the past.
The moment we walked in we noticed the dirty glass doors that needed to be cleaned. The elevator doors needed to be polished and the floors in the elevator looked dirty.
Our room, a two bedroom suite, was in dire need of work. The carpeting was a mess and needs to be replaced, two cloth chairs at the counter were ripped open at the seams, and one of the couches upholstery was falling apart.
This was a two bedroom suite that could have slept at least 6 people, but we had three drinking glasses in the cabinet. There was no dish soap provided.
We did take the shuttle to the beach, which was very convenient. Here is where customer service was lacking as the driver did not even acknowledge us with a hello when we boarded the shuttle or explain how often the shuttle comes to pick you up from the beach.
On my last visit, there was staff to take food/ drink orders on the beach which is no longer available. That was an amenity that certainly gave you that resort feel, which is sadly gone.
The resort seemed so different from my last visit, that we asked if the resort was under new ownership and the answer was yes. The company now running this hotel has clearly cut corners every way possible and because of that I will not be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes