Our check in experience was as disappointing as the experience of some other reviewers. We arrived at the property around noon and were told that we would be called when the room is ready. We never got this call and hence just came back shortly before 4 pm (normal check in time) and the room was still not ready. When we asked again at 4:30 pm (once more without receiving the promised call) there was a long queue with just one person working. While the receptionist was polite this was not the kind of service that we had expected.
Anyway, we finally got the keycards to the room. We (two couples, one with baby) had a "2 Bedroom Suite Deluxe 2 Kings" which was absolutely great. Huge living room, two bedrooms with balconies facing the Intercoastal Waterway, well equipped kitchen with cooler, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, toaster,etc. Missing however were coathangers and the crib for the baby, which we got confirmed when we made the booking. After we asked for it, the crib arrived only after almost two hours - pretty long considering that the baby was very tired after the long journey.
Everything else about the stay was great - it is a very nice property, the room was fantastic and everyone was friendly. The pool is rather small but worked for us as we were travelling with a 14 months old baby that just enjoyed the warm water and the company of other infants (which were always around the pool). Our only suggestion to management would be to add a few more resources to the reception and to house cleaning at peak periods to reduce waiting time and to enable them to get all rooms ready before the advertised check in times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes