When my husband and I decided to come to Myrtle Beach for our honeymoon, we did a lot of research to narrow down our hotel choices. The Marina Inn at Grande Dunes ended up winning out. We had a bit of difficulty with our decision because the hotel is not beachfront. As it turns out, we were more than thrilled with our choice. We had a lovely view of the Intercoastal Waterway and Marina, and loved watching the boats pass by. The hotel also had a shuttle that ran to a private area of the beach. We ended up driving over there ourselves. It wasn't far at all, had a decent amount of parking, and there was a nice area with bathrooms and a large snack bar. Since we went in the off-season, this area wasn't open, but it looked like it could accomodate quite a few people.
The hotel itself was very nice. Check-in was quick and easy, and getting our things up to our room was a breeze thanks to great service. The valet not only helped us get our things to our room, but also took the time to show us the features of the room and help us settle in. We stayed in a Mediterranean Club Suite, which consisted of a full living area, a king-sized bed, a fireplace, a full kitchen, and a large bathroom with a huge walk-in shower and separate tub.
We didn't get the chance to eat in the hotel's restaurant, Waterscapes, but we did have the privilege of doing in-room dining, which is also provided by the restaurant. When we called down to order, we did have to leave a message, but we were called back within a very short time. The food was wonderful. We also ordered breakfast for the next day- just had to leave our requested menu and delivery time outside the door the night before. The food was again excellent, and was delivered within two minutes of the time we requested it. I would not hesitate to eat at the restaurant the next time we're there.
While we didn't take advantage of the outdoor pool area- which looked beautiful- we did enjoy the indoor pool. Everything was spotless and well-maintained, and there were plenty of towels. The pool area was on the floor below the lobby, which was nice. The elevator opened up almost right at the indoor pool area. I loved not having to walk through the main floor of the hotel to get to or from the pool- something I've had to do in other places I've stayed.
The service overall was excellent. If you needed anything all you had to do was call the front desk. They helped us make dinner reservations and answered any questions we had. Check-in and check-out was very easy. When it was time to leave we just had to call the front desk- someone was sent up to our room to help us with our luggage, and our car was already at the front door by the time we got down there. They even took a pair of pants that my husband needed laundered and promised to send them out first thing in the morning. He had them back by the same evening. From start to finish our experience at this hotel was wonderful. I would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes