After reading all of the hype about the Dunes Village, we booked there and arrived about 8 at night, excited and ready to relax on the beach after spending a few wonderful days in Charleston. Nothing could've prepared me for what I was to encounter at Dunes Village. Our room was dirty, grimy, fingerprints all over the glass, carpet moist with dirt, bedding stained and the toilet and bathroom area smelled. Swallowing hard, I tried to calmly explain the conditions of the room to the clerk. He told my husband and I we could relocate to a suite but we would need to pay $360 a night. We were already paying $285 for the dump of a room they were renting us. They said they had no vacancies to switch us to and would send housekeeping "in the morning!" Not sure what blew me away more, the condition of the room or the indifference of the staff?! Exhausted, near tears I paced the balcony trying to think how I was going to overcome paying almost $300 per night for something that I wouldn't give $30 for. Settling on the fact that I was going to have to buy cleaning supplies on my vacation, I suddenly remembered the Marina Inn at Grand Dunes and how my husband said it was a little out of our price range. I thought it certainly could not hurt to try. He called and explained our dilemna. Instead of taking advantage of that and charging a premium, they actually gave us a discount. They had no vacancies for several of our nights but worked us in on a daily basis. I was equally overcome when I walked into our room there but it was for the right reasons. Their hotel is everything a hotel/resort/vacation should be. Shronda's hospitatlity defines customer service. The valet, the housekeepers, restaurant staff, everyone is so friendly and involved in making your stay relaxing and enjoyable. I can't say enough. I know I'm rambling, but you have to understand that we don't get the opportunity to vacation often and this review could have easily gone a whole different direction if it wasn't for the Marina Grand Inn at Grand Dunes. The only disadvantage is that it's not on the beach, they have a shuttle that takes you to a semi private beach-takes about 3 min, if you want to go late you have to take your own car. We live in the Chicago area and have stayed in some of the most distinquished and luxurious hotels downtown. MIGD can compete and prevail in each and every category. You will NOT regret the choice to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located to top area attractions; AAA 4 diamond rated since 2007 and a 2011 TripAdvisor Top 25 Hotel in the US. Amenities include private access beach with full amenities; pools, whirlpools, sauna, workout facility, two golf courses and tennis onsite & summer children's activities. Additional amenities include: Wi-Fi, valet parking, concierge and in-room spa services. Dining options range from casual to elegant and include our signature restaurant WaterScapes and Ruths Chris also located onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marina Inn at Grande Dunes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Inn At Grande Dunes Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Marina Hotel At Grande Dunes