Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation
US$225
US$227
US$181
US$203
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$252
US$184
US$169
US$146
All reviewsnorth towerlazy riversvilla iiwyndham ownersturtle racespools and hot tubssea watchtanger outletsocean viewrestaurant rowrv parkbedroom unittime sharebarefoot landingparking passnice resortwasher and dryer
Reviewed 28 May 2008

We stayed at the Seawatch on an RCI exchange. Really liked the location. We had a 1 bedroom condo in the south tower. The furniture was a bit dated, but the place was very clean. The bed was comfortable and the kitchen was great. Two things important to us when we travel. Plenty of pools to choose from and most are heated. The staff was friendly and helpful when answering questions. We didn't eat at the restaurant on the grounds. Others we talked to said that the food was good. The Seawatch is really close to restaurants, Tanger Outlets and other shopping. Make sure to eat at Hamburger Joes and Duffy Street Seafood Shack. We were there during bike week, but had no issues other than the traffic. Took a day trip to Charleston and really worth the drive. All in all, we went to Hilton Head last year and will probably go back before visiting Myrtle Beach again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank vickiandphil
Reviewed 25 February 2008

My family and I have stayed at the SeaWatch every February for the last 3 years when I have been in Myrtle Beach for a business conference. Each year, I consistently find that they willingly accomodate my requests (which included an early check-in last year) and the staff is very friendly and helpful from the time I make the reservation through check-out.

Perhaps most importantly of all, the rooms we've been in have always been immaculate and well-maintained! I cannot stay comfortably in a hotel that looks like it is not cleaned well (I look at the baseboards and corners), and most hotels are not diligent about this. The SeaWatch rooms are very, very clean, brightly decorated, and just allow for a pleasant and relaxing experience.

The wait and cook staff in the hotel restaurant are so friendly also - we highly recommend the breakfast buffet that has everything you want (including a cook-to-order omelet/waffle station).

The SeaWatch has become our Myrtle Beach "home away from home," and we will not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank USCFanGoCarolina
Reviewed 22 January 2008

My family and I returned from Seawatch Plantation today, the north tower was unavailable because of renovations. We stayed in the south tower, the unit needed some work and upgrades. The drawers in the bedroom wouldnt close properly, the shower had weak pressure, the bed was like sleeping on concrete, it rained while we were there and the area outside our unit was flooded, we informed the front desk and they said there was nothing they could do. Also the property has no linen or towel exchange, but luckily they have full size washers and dryers. My family stayed there a couple of years ago and the property was well maintained and I guess the property wears down over time.
The upgrades will make Seawatch a really nice property again but for now it needs work.
The views were great and a real plus is the location, it is within 1 mile of outlet malls,a shopping mall,Walmart and a nice golf course.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank pugsybrown
Reviewed 3 October 2007

I recently stayed at Sea Watch in September 2007 and was impressed. The Villa had a wonderful view, the room was nicely decorated. The only complaint I had about our room was the ceiling, walls, and head boards were a little dirty. The carpet also needed cleaned. The staff at Sea Watch were very helpful and polite. The beach was clean and patroled by the local sheriff department. I would recommend this resort to families that want a relaxing and quiet vacation. This resort is not located in the middle of all the rowdie crowds but close enough to visit the strip if you choose.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank poofer
Reviewed 14 September 2007

I stayed at this resort again, second time in one year, and I'm still impressed! However, this time we did have one hang-up, which could partially is our own fault. The bed we had in our room was extremely hard and uncomfortable. We liked what room we were in and the view (oceanfront) so we didn't complain. In retrospect, we probably should have because I believe a lot of the folks that were staying there left after Labor Day and would have probably gotten a decent replacement room. Water under the bridge at this point.

I still think you will have a hard time finding a resort in a better location that where this resort is! You do need a vehicle to get to places, however, everywhere you may want to go is within a few miles of the resort. And having direct access to a freeway takes you south to 501, cutting a lot of drive time to South Myrtle.

We will definitely stay here again in the future, but after 3 trips to Myrtle Beach this year (and MAYBE one more on January for a shopping trip), we'll probably head somewhere else next year!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple