“It's all here!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Texico
“It's all here!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our family stayed here for a week. There's so much to do, and very thing is right there. Our unit was clean, well maintained, and roomy. The balcony view was awesome, we watched the sunrise and set over the ocean view. We enjoyed the many pools, the hot tubs and the lazy river. There are Dailey activities for both adults and kids. The restaurant had a variety of food choices at a good price. The staff was very helpful and nice. We'll stay here again!

Room Tip: The towers are extra nice!
Green Features: They have recycling containers set up for your convenience throughout the resort. All the appliances were low usage brands.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tiki L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I just returned home from a long weekend sewing retreat at Sea Watch. Twenty of us from the Upstate S.C. chapter of the American Sewing Guild traveled over to the the beach for our second beach sewing retreat at Sea Watch and this time was even better than the last! I took time away from our sewing on several occasions to enjoy the pool and beach; soak up the sun and listen to the 80's music being played by the D.J. Everyone at the resort was very accommodating and friendly. The banquet staff remembered our group from our last stay and were extremely welcoming and attentive to our needs. So a great big shout out to Tracey and Big Steve............You guys rock. Thank you again. I'm looking forward to seeing you again next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 556BevH
Lexington, Virginia
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

This is our second time staying here and it will be the last. Our first experience was great and we went through vrbo. This time was terrible. The resort has private owners through Wyndham and also has rooms owned through the hotel portion. Very confusing and the wyndham people make you feel like low class. The resort was not full and we were put in a room below a room that was going through renovation. My kids were trying to take a nap and it sounded like someone was hammering in the same room. I had requested a updated room with flat screens and the room we received was nothing special. Very old looking. We were given the opportunity to move rooms and went to another room that was very nice. Why we did not get this room to begin with is baffling. Piece of advice is to ask to see the room before paying and make sure no renevation are planned around you. We wasted a day of vacation moving rooms and trying to get management to do the right thing. They don't treat you like you are there guest. I would recommend ocean reef. Much better experience. They probably could learn something from other resorts. Good luck.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Daryl75
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
We are so disappointed to hear about your experience. We never want any of our guests to feel unwelcome. Whether you are a guest or an owner we want to make sure your experience is satisfactory. Management will be informed of your feedback so we can ensure our guests are being provided the best customer service. Please know we are working to renovate our property so that we can continue to offer top of the line vacations. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope you consider coming back to stay with us.
Atl Canada
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights as a guest of my inlaws who have been coming to SeaWatch for 5+ years now, usually staying for a month. It is a very nice vacation resort with both indoor and outdoor pools, stairs down to a very nice beach and all the other amenities you'd expect from a nice resort.

The rooms or suites are well designed for maximum use in a small foot print. Very comfortable.

If you are in the area for an extended stay, we wouldn't have any trouble recommending this as a very good option.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PackersFan1997
Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We had a great time in our 3 nights at Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation. When I booked the room I was struggling in my search to find a place within our budget that would meet our wants. We wanted two bedrooms, and an indoor pool because we stayed the last week in February so outside swimming was not possible. We needed clean and comfortable surroundings and free parking. We flew to Myrtle Beach so we needed a place that provided a washer and dryer and a clean kitchen. We received all of that at Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation along with an ocean view and kind staff to make our stay very pleasing. We hope to return in a warmer time of year so we can enjoy all of the outdoor pools and two lazy rivers. However, Myrtle Beach was much warmer than Michigan so it was a needed break from all the snow.

Room Tip: The North Tower appears to have the best views and the indoor pool in the North Power is wonderful...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Allie_Andy
Peterson, MN
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife and I have been vacationing in South Carolina for 5 years, now, and this is the first time we decided to give Wyndham a whirl. I purchased two, two-bedroom timeshare weeks on a Wyndham website not knowing exactly what to expect, but reassured by the 5-star (Wyndham) rating. I studied the reviews on Trip Advisor and concluded that getting the north tower would be “gold” and the south tower, “silver”. I could handle either. I didn’t anticipate the “bronze” accommodations in the central court, “Villa” area. That is where the disappointment began. I had read where this resort is managed by several different concerns, so I never really knew who my host was. At check-in, I was provided nearly all of the necessary information and tools except for the parking pass. I had to visit a separate desk for this, and realized soon after, that I had been passed on to the timeshare gang who were delighted to gather my personal information, invite me to breakfast, and offer discounts on just about everything… not to mention $100 free cash! Oh yes… and my parking pass. I guess my mistake was being Midwest polite. I listened to their enthusiastic preview and left, not knowing they had drawn a big target on my back. We would receive numerous phone calls and even a personal knock on the door , before we made our case for stopping this harassment. It worked until we got back home, whereupon I received an e-mail saying that I was pre-approved to buy a Wyndham timeshare with loan rates averaging around 15%. To opt out of this timeshare spam required providing my social security number among other things. Didn’t do that… hope it ends!
Now about Villa III at Wyndham Seawatch: The kitchen-dining-living area comprised a long, narrow room with one small window looking out on a lagoon with an inoperative fountain and some serious flotsam. The furnishings, from the carpet to the furniture were definitely retro. The smallish flat-screen TV was housed in an oversized armoire that took up an inordinate amount of space near the sliding door leading to a rather small, narrow balcony that provided a distant view of the ocean. In fairness, the bedrooms were spacious and nicely furnished; although the closet in the master bedroom was far too small for one person, let alone a couple. Sleeping comfort was very good. The bathrooms were equipped with multiple-flush toilets , but sported nice shower and tub. . I admit that my Seawatch perceptions may have been tainted by the fact that it was miserably cold in Myrtle Beach during our two weeks. The “Polar Vortex” kept us inside and off the beach for much of the time. These conditions also created discomfort inside our “villa”. The furnace air was delivered at the ceiling, so we experienced heat in “layers”. Eye-level reached the temperature set on the eye-level thermostat. The floor, and anything on it, ( like our feet and legs) felt air as much as 5 degrees colder. It didn’t help that there was a lot of “daylight” around the closed entry door.
All things considered, I’ll bet the towers are nice; I do know that the staff is personable and helpful. Our condo was clean. The grounds, for the most part, are well kept. The outdoor pools and tubs should be a big attraction in the summer The parking was protected and ample. It’s just that the overall experience: the timeshare hounds, our accommodations, all add up to my conclusion that we will not seek out a Wyndham property in the future, unless we are certain that our unhappy experiences will not be repeated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Suitemaster
New York
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed in a 2 bed, 2 bath condo in Villa III the third week of February 2014. The unit was updated, beautiful and clean. Beds were super comfy! The staff was great and we had a wonderful time. Loved that it was right on the ocean and close to Tanger Outlet on Highway 17. We would visit again.

Room Tip: We had an oceanview room and it had a small balacony with a decent view of the ocean. There are 2 t...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
#41 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation? Share your experiences!