“Just OK”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Just OK”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at Seawatch Plantation as a graduation gift from my aunt who is a timeshare holder. At first glance the property is nice. The pros definitely being the nice pool area and beach access. This is located close to the Tanger Outlets as well - maybe a 5 min drive, but it is not within walking distance of anything which is a bummer. While the room was nice I felt dirty just being in it. The first thing I noticed was how beat up the furniture looked and a brown streak on the floor by the toilet. Gross. I also found some dark hairs on the bathroom floor - since all of my family is blonde they weren't ours. We had literally been there about 2 hours when we saw our first cockroach… in the first 3 days we had killed 4 of them. 2 days in I got a rash - Im pretty sure it was a reaction to their very fragrant soap which are apparently not sensitive skin friendly. We tried once to go to the hotel restaurant but found it closed. And I was a bit put out by the fact everything cost extra - any maid services, towels, etc. I did not enjoy my stay here. While I can't say it was terrible, or that I hated it I do not recommend this place.

Green Features: While most the products claimed to be be environmentally friendly It was not friendly to my sensitive skin - hugely disappointing.
4 Thank leogirl90

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Seawatch Resort is located in north Myrtle Beach beyond all the chaos of downtown.
The hotel is made up of condos that while not new, are kept in good condition. The bed slept comfortably and the ocean view from the balcony is wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful. The quiet location is perfect for adults. There are several pools and 3 hot tubs. The property is well-kept. Bonus: there's a very nice golf course at the end of the lane; Arcadian Shores Golf Club where you can play a beautiful course at a reasonable rate. This location is a great bargain for the money!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nancy M
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Seawatch has always delivered. Perfect location and view of the Atlantic Ocean. I also ordered a really good Long Island and Tequila Sunrise at the poolside Tiki Hut. Friendly staff at the Captian's Nook and Captian's Cove! Marvin is the Master of the Omelets! He makes the greatest omelets I have ever had in my life. Very generous on the bacon, ham, and cheese! I had to get two! The kielbasa and french toast are no joke! Robert was a great server. We had a better experience, meal, and service at Seawatch than we did at Greg Norman's Aussie Grill at Barefoot Landing! Didn't catch their names, but the crew serving Breyer's Ice Cream are also very welcoming. We have stayed in both the North and South towers and have always enjoyed our suite. We will definitely be returning to the SeaWatch Plantation! Can't wait!

Room Tip: Always Ocean Front
4 Thank Leah R
Middle River, Maryland
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We came to this location with all hopes of having a great time. We had more than a great time but more like a incredible time. This resort is top notch and we have no complaints what so ever. Everything was clean and neat.

2 Thank Sownd
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

As we were checking in and were told we were in Villa III, my son heard another guest say he was relieved that his family was moved from Villa 3 to Villa 2. My son thought uh oh. We were pleasantly surprised, however, at how nice our 3 bedroom was. The 2 most important things I look for in a hotel are cleanliness and no sign of bugs -our villa met both of these requirements. Great view, quiet rest, close to attractions and shopping, loved the washer/dryer! We will definitely come back to the Seawatch Plantation. The only negative was the pushiness of the people selling the timeshares. We didn't want to hear their sales pitch and tried to nicely say that. Both Saturday and Sunday morning, we received 2 phone calls which we didn't answer and then a knock on the door which we answered on Sat, but ignored on Sun. I guess I was too nice when we checked in. We finally made an appointment to hear their spiel to get rid of them and then cancelled it with a phone call later.

4 Thank SouthVA
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I came down to sea watch at the end of April with my dad, my brother, sister in law, and their three kids. We stayed on the third floor of the north tower in a room over looking the pools and ocean, the view was great and the room was plenty big enough for all of us. The room was clean and well maintained and when we requested extra towels, etc...our requests were met very quickly and by very hospitable associates. The resort offers plenty to do for people of all ages, I spent my time in one of the many pools, the ocean and the tiki bar. If you decide to stay at this resort be sure to stop by the tiki bar and say hello to Joy, she provides great drinks and great conversation and was a joy to be around!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Diver_Down1111
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 April 2014

To begin with, the manager of the resort, Kathy (I hope she reads this), is unprofessional and unorganized. After forcing us to move from our original beachfront room to a far inferior room (located off the beach, facing a trailer park), I spoke to her for fifteen minutes on the phone about the resort's lack of professionalism. Kathy couldn't care less. Typically, when a resort makes a mistake in booking, they compensate you in some way. Not here! In fact, according to Kathy, it was our fault that we were having to move because we booked through Orbitz....Not sure how that makes sense since Wyndham willingly does business through Orbitz...
More could be written, but the take-home here is that if you choose to pay the $200 a night to stay here, please know that you may have to pack up all your things and move to another room in the middle of your trip (according to Kathy, our group, along with 10 other families that day were getting moved - this evidently happens quite frequently). And don't expect to hear an apology from management. If you're not a time-share owner here, you're considered a second-class citizen. They'll move you to make room for the important people. But hey, if you don't mind taking the risk, go for it.
There are many other places you can go in Myrtle Beach on a $200/night budget that won't make you move rooms in the middle of your trip, are closer to attractions, and are not located next to a trailer park. If you stay here, good luck!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
8 Thank Jeff W
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Hi Jeff,

We are disappointed to hear your interaction with the resort staff did not meet your expectations, as this is not part of the Count On Me service we take pride in. We know that while on vacation it is imperative that our guests are treated well. We would certainly like to clarify what happened while you were there. Please rest assured we will have someone further review your concerns regarding the unit changes. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Myrtle Beach
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
#2 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Westwinds
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Westwin...
#5 of 40 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation? Share your experiences!