“Nice Place to Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Jersey Shore
“Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed 23 March 2009

We have been going to N. Myrtle Beach the last week of August for 15 years and have stayed in several places. While the interior decor in the Seawatch is not as nice as some of the places we've stayed, we have continued to go back to the Seawatch for the past 5 years because it offers more for our family. There are plenty of hot tubs and pools and they are always clean. And they have hot tubs at all different temperatures, to suit everyone's tastes. Also, they allow children to enter the hot tubs and one is kept at a lower temperature, which the children generally use. At two other places we stayed the kids weren't allowed in the hot tub until they were 16. That wasn't a problem when our kids were really small...but when they got to be about 8 or older, they wanted to go in too! I'm surprised that some people said their rooms were dirty--ours have always been immaculate. We have always stayed in the South Tower, if that makes any difference. It's nice to go over to the Tiki bar (although it could be bigger with more seats), and they even make virgin drinks for the kids, which always goes over big with them. There are also planned activities. The only complaint we have (as did many other adults who we have met there over the years) is that we wish the hot tub/pools were open later than 11 pm, because if you go to a show or see the fireworks, you can't get back in time to enjoy them. Even if it was open late after 11 for adults only, that would be nice. Relaxing quiet time for the grown-ups. We thought about staying somewhere else this year for a change of scenery, but are afraid we won't get all the amenities we have at the Seawatch and will be dissapointed, so we'll be staying here this August as well.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank menio67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Edgefield, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2009

Checked in before Christmas. Was warned that the pool in front of Villa III was out of order due to a leak from the Lagoon. It supposedly was being worked on, but we never saw evidence of that. Got to room. It was clean inside the unit. The pool problem is there in front of you though when you step out on the balcony. At least when they are not working on it, you would think they could cover it up. Outside areas (walks in front of the entrance doors to the rooms were not clean and it is in need of painting. Stairwell that we used in Villa III were dirty. Spa were okay, but one lazy river (under Tower II, I think was empty) and the other one was full but freezing cold (Guess I was used to North Mytle Beach Ocean Blvd Wyndham that has a warm lazy river in the winter). Breakfast at the in-house diner was nothing to brag about, though you can get enough to eat. Go to House of Blues down the road on Saturdays for less and get a better buffet. Or for that matter go to Golden Corral about a mile away for better. Staff was nice. The remote for the TV and DVD player did not work but they were quick to fix. View of the ocean is nice and beach access is good. Parking was fine and close to the room. Have to check probably not for recommendation, but if they pay more attention and spruce it up, then I could change that recommendation.

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank redrayandredkay
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 December 2008

My husband I spent three days at the Seawatch over Christmas and were very happy with everything. The room was very clean and well-equipped. We had been left with plenty of extra towels because housekeeping had Christmas off.

Our accomodations were in the North Tower. We had a livingroom/kitchen and a separate bedroom. The kitchen had full size appliances, including a dishwasher, and had plenty of counter space. The refrigerator had an icemaker which I really appreciated. The bathroom was large and clean.

Our balcony was small, but more than adequate for the two of us and I enjoyed being able to watch the ocean waves from the couch or the balcony.

We had breakfast each morning at the onsite restaurant and were quite satisfied with it. On Saturday there was an omelet and waffle station.

All the staff we encountered were super. They were friendly and helpful and made us feel at home. I'm surprised at reviews to the contrary. We plan on staying here again. Why look for someplace else, when this had everything we wanted.

• Liked — Location right on the beach with a beachfront room
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Illinois
Reviewed 30 November 2008

I just got back from staying at the SeaWatch Resort in Myrtle Beach. It was recommended due to its close proximity to the RV Park next door. Where do I start- The room was FILTHY. The elevators had a terrible smell and both the room and the elevators appear to have a serious challenge on proper temp control. Our room smelled of old smoke- and pets. House cleaning apparently doesn't change the linens during your stay. or clean the bathrooms. The tub didn't drain properly and water pressure was poor in one bathroom. I heard another guest at the front desk being told "sorry they didn't have extra towels"?? I'm shocked Wyndham has their name on this place. I didn't give the restaurant a try- since if this is how they take care of the guest rooms on the surface- I didn't trust the kitchen. I can't blame all of this on the off-season or on an AARP discount- bottom line is the place isn't worth any amount of $ when there are SO many other hotels in the area. The area is actually great- the views from SeaWatch were great too. Just disappointing in terms of the accomodations my family opted for. If I went back- I wouldn't give them a second try.

• Liked — beach
  • Disliked — the accomodation
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank mytripopinion
Hamilton, Ont
Reviewed 6 November 2008

We stayed in Villa III of the Timeshare part of this resort.
The resort is located on the Ocean and the beach is beautiful. We were there October 24 and the resort was not busy. They said they had high occupancy but there were no vehicles on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the parking garage.
We found our unit, a two bedroom, two bath unit to be downright dirty. It was just plain grungy and there were also examples of poor housekeeping in the Common Areas. I have written to RCI as they rate this highly. It was not a good experience.
There were excuses about dual management and reports that the towers which are under different management than the villas are better cared for. I would suggest caution if considering this resort.

• Liked — Beach
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Starsky13
columbus ohio
Reviewed 19 October 2008

This was a great place for an October vacation. I can't imagine how busy it would be in the summer. The unit was small but ok for 2 and in need of some minor repairs. The resturant was nice and the pool areas were all clean and well kept. We'd go back in October but that's about it.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank esimon
Johnstown, PA
Reviewed 2 October 2008

My husband and I along with another couple stayed at the Seawatch the end of August into the first week of September and I highly recommend this place. I rented from an owner and they were great to deal with. The place is very nice, clean, and no one really bothers with you. We had left a day early due to Hanna but up till the day we left it was beautiful! Plan on going back! Can't say a bad thing about the place. Tiki bar had excellent drinks, the pools were super clean, and the hot tubs were great! Oceanview, can't get any better than this!! Also close to everything! Ate at Greg Normans and the service and food was great! Also love The Orignial Benjamins! "I MISS MYRTLE BEACH"

• Liked — oceanfront, cleaniness
  • Disliked — Hurricaine came!! otherwise, nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank nursetas
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
#41 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation? Share your experiences!