“Will Stay at Seawatch Next Year”

Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation
Ranked #58 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Loganville Georgia
“Will Stay at Seawatch Next Year”
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I am normally a hotel snob and I don't like condos. (I don't want to cook on vacation.) This year we wanted to keep vacation on a budget and so I found Seawatch thru TripAdvisor. We paided $135 (total with tax and everything) a night for a Studio. I was so afraid at this price what I would find but I was so happy. Our room was clean, the pull out murphy bed and the sofa bed were comfy. It was plenty of room for my husband, me and my 6 year old daughter. The staff was friendly, the breakfast buffett was good and a good price. (Made to order omlet was awesome and the guy cooking was amazing at what he did keeping so many things going at one time.) View from North Tower great. Our daughter enjoyed the lazy river and on Tuesday they had a "party" with a DJ and games that was really fun. It was not the Ritz but for the price I was so happy. I know next year we will stay at the Seawatch again. Plus the beach was nice (crowded but that's to be expected) and we found tons of shells. It was the best shelling we have had in years.
Tips: If you get there at 3pm on Saturday be prepared to wait on an elevator. That is the check in time and it's crazy about then. Check in itself was fast and we did not have a lot so we just carried it up the stairs since elevators were full.
Walmart is close but on Saturday night at 9pm they are sold out of so much stuff. I think everyone goes to stock up for the week.
Liquor stores close on Saturday night at 7pm and don't reopen until Monday morning. Seawatch has a great Tiki Bar but drinks are expensive. (No more than any other place, but if you want to save money I think this is a good tip.)

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank liblaura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This was our first Myrtle Beach vacation together, and it was a wonderful vacation! We loved the location, the poolside entertainment that was provided, the service and the overall feeling of comfort that was displayed by the staff...........even down to the guy who checked us in, (it was his first day on the job!) We defintely will return to this location again! Very convenient to all restuarants and shopping malls!! The room was wonderful and the balcony view spectacular! A definte recommendation to all our friends!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynflowers
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2009

We stayed at the Sea Watch Plantation in June 2009. The Sea Watch has two different properties owned by one. You have the Sea Watch Plantation which consists of the North and South Tower and the Windham Sea Watch Villas which are nestled in between the North and South Tower. Each building has its own parking garage.
The North Tower is where you check in and out. There is an ice cream shop, exercise room and a restaurant (you can east outside or inside). If you are interested in buying one of the units, there is an office in the North Tower as well. The South tower has a convenience store located on the second floor. The North tower has an outside bar. Music is played around the pool area in the North Tower. The South Tower has an extra outside pool but doesn't have the music. Twice a week a DJ is located off the North Tower Pool deck playing music. North tower has one outside pool, one indoor pool, a lazy river and three hot tubs. The South tower has two outside pools, one indoor pool, one indoor hot tub, lazy river and four outside hot tubs. The villas have a hot tub and two outdoor pools I believe. I didn't pay real close attention to the Villa pool area. However, you can use all pools at any of the buildings no matter which building you are staying in.
We requested the South Tower when we made our original reservations. Upon checked in, there was a mix up with our reservations. The lady at the front desk gave us a key to look at one of the rooms in the North Tower to see if we would be happy with it since it was our first time staying here. After looking at the room layout (it was okay, but it wasn't what we requested). We returned back to the desk to tell the lady that we really wanted to stay in the room we originally asked for. I didn't get her name or I would mention it here, but I wanted to say that she was very helpful and gave us the room type we requested in the building we requested.
Once we received our room keys, we drove over to the South Tower parking garage. Let me tell you there were plenty of luggage carts available for use. They even had plenty of baskets that are similar to the ones you get in a grocery store that folks would use when they brought back their groceries for the week. I have stayed at many places in Myrtle Beach and had to hunt for the luggage cart. No problem here. There was plenty of room to unpack and pack your vehicle as well. This was a pleasant experience. We didn't have a problem finding a parking space in the garage.
To our surprise, we were given a card with 14 free breakfast s during our stay. The breakfast is an all you can eat breakfast. There is a person making waffles and omelets the way you specify. The breakfast is normally $8.95 for adults and half price for children. The breakfast was good and would have been worth paying for if we didn't have the free breakfast card. I must say we didn't try the lunch or dinner so I cannot make a comment.
We stayed in an Ocean Front three bedroom in the South Tower. Master Bedroom had a King Bed, closet, dresser with TV and two night stands and a master bathroom (room was a little small), bedroom two had two double beds, dresser with TV and a closet and bedroom three had one double bed, dresser, two night stands and a closet. TV was missing (cable wire was hanging out of the wall). Not a big deal since my son didn't watch TV in his room. There was a safe in the closet of the third bedroom. We had ocean/pool views from one the bedrooms, dining area and living room. There was an ocean front view from the Master Bedroom. The balcony was an shaped like the Letter (L) facing the ocean and the pool areas. Very nice view. The beds were very comfortable (like sleeping on feathers). I will add that a friend of mine has stayed in the Villas and North Tower and mentioned she had hard beds. It must have been the luck of the room that we were in. I am not going to mention which room or floor because you might be my competition on getting that room for a future stay. But then again, maybe all of the rooms in the South Tower are like that (I really don't know).
The room needed a little upgrading. There were a few minor things that needed to be upgraded but we over looked them. The reservation desk had mentioned that some of the rooms had been remodeled by the owners. Apparently ours was not but we didn't let that spoil our vacation.
The only complaint I have at this point is the maid service was up and down. We didn't have the same person all week which was fine with us since the first person didn't give us enough towels or replace the dirty kitchen towel and didn't even give us extra soap etc.. We had here for two days, the second person was around for two days and was much better giving us plenty of towels and soap. The original maid came back the latter part of our stay and it was a repeat of the first two days. I just found a cart down the hall and helped myself to extra towels.
I wanted to mention one more thing, for you SURFERS out there, you can SURF all day in front of the Sea Watch! That's right, no restrictions. My boys were surfing continually when the waves were good. There are a lot of places in Myrtle Beach that you can only surf before 9 AM and after 5 PM. Here, grab your board and enjoy yourself. You can even place your own umbrella up in front of those hotel umbrellas that you rent from the life guards. This is the first place that I have witnessed that allows personal umbrellas to be placed in front of the hotel umbrellas. All of the other places I have stayed at in Myrtle Beach told us to put our umbrella behind the hotel umbrellas or on the side of them. This is a plus if you have a personal umbrella and want to bring it.
Even though this is a large complex, I didn't feel over crowded. There were plenty of lounge chairs at the pool and the beach area was wide. Our family had a nice relaxing vacation. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank lvmylabrador
Beckley, WV
Reviewed 4 July 2009

We had a great time. My husband and I shared a room with our friends and their baby. The room was so clean and we never had a problem with any of the staff. We got lost on the way there becuase it was our first time in MB and we called the hotel to help us with the directions and they were more than understanding and helpful. The pools were clean and the tiki bar was great. We are a young crowd, so we can get kind of demanding. We are planning on going back and there we will stay. The only problem we had was that it was not pet friendly.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
Indy
Reviewed 8 June 2009

I took my daughter and grandson to this location for a week of R & R on the beach, but my grandson fell in love with all the pools! Our view was spectacular and the accomodations were quite sufficient, a little small, but we did not come here to stay in the room! We would definitely come back. The location was off the beaten path which was a plus.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
ohio
Reviewed 10 May 2009

WE STAYED AT THE SEAWATCH FOR OUR ONE WEEK VACATION WITH MY SON AND HIS FAMILY IN A 3 bedroom condo. IT WAS A GREAT LOCATION. The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. There are so many nice warm pools, and hot tubs to pick from. I would reccomend this resort to my friends, and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank BarbieQOhio
new jersey
Reviewed 8 April 2009

Just returned from 4 day trip with my 3 kids 16,12,8 at sea watch -north tower we stayed on the 12th floor ---2 bedroom --north tower room -awesome view of the beach ---big unit with huge wrap around porch,,,pools are all nice as well as a great activity center for kids,,,location is ideal it is in quiet area but close to Barefoot landing which is a good time (restaurants,shops,awesome real tiger show after 3 pm every day) broadway by the beach no more then 10-15 minutes (take business 17south east to get to from sea watch)a must see---kinda like downtown disney/city walk but bigger..walmart right up the corner as well as tangier outlets ,,,,loved it will go back again

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Sea Watch Resort
#37 of 208 in Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,655 reviews
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Westwinds
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Westwin...
#4 of 40 in North Myrtle Beach
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers on the Grove
Wyndham Vacation Resorts Towers ...
#5 of 40 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation? Share your experiences!