Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation
Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark(Myrtle Beach)
US$162
Island Vista(Myrtle Beach)
US$134
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$104
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$90
The Caravelle Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$98
US$236
  • Pool
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$133
  • Beachfront
US$242
US$214
US$125
All reviewsnorth towerlazy riversvilla iiwyndham ownersturtle racespools and hot tubssea watchtanger outletsocean viewrestaurant rowrv parkbedroom unittime sharebarefoot landingparking passnice resortwasher and dryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My family and I stayed an entire week in the north tower and it was awesome! The room was great, (we shared a two bedroom with my sister and her husband). We have two children of our own. The kids spent most of the day at the pool when we were at the resort. Everything was close by. We were very pleased and will most likely visit again.

1  Thank WashJay
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We usually stay at another place, but since our friends were going to seawatch we decided to try it out. As soon as we walked into our 2 bedroom suite, we were totally disappointed. It was the same as walking into a Best Western hotel room. It was tiny, and very boring. I do have to say that the air conditioner worked well, which is usually a problem at the beach. The pull out soft was horrible ! I felt so sorry for my son! The second bedroom wasn't even attached to our room. The girls loved it, but it kept us completely seperate in the evening. There were 6 of us, and the kitchen table only seated 2. We immediately called the front desk asking to be moved, but they were booked and pretty much said sorry, but....... On the first morning, housekeeping came but we told them we didn't need them today except for towels and to take out the trash. Come to find out, that is all they do anyways. They never once came to sweep or clean bathrooms. I called the front desk asking for housekeeping, but they leave at 4 pm and didn't have time that day. The washing machine was so loud that you had to leave in order to wash clothes. The restaurant only serves dinner on the weekends, but they do have a great breakfast. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time at the beach, but our accomodations were the worst i have ever had at myrtle. I do not plan on staying there again, and neither do our friends. Beach Cove is a sister company, and we love it there. Try that one instead!

2  Thank cattiva66
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I am normally a hotel snob and I don't like condos. (I don't want to cook on vacation.) This year we wanted to keep vacation on a budget and so I found Seawatch thru TripAdvisor. We paided $135 (total with tax and everything) a night for a Studio. I was so afraid at this price what I would find but I was so happy. Our room was clean, the pull out murphy bed and the sofa bed were comfy. It was plenty of room for my husband, me and my 6 year old daughter. The staff was friendly, the breakfast buffett was good and a good price. (Made to order omlet was awesome and the guy cooking was amazing at what he did keeping so many things going at one time.) View from North Tower great. Our daughter enjoyed the lazy river and on Tuesday they had a "party" with a DJ and games that was really fun. It was not the Ritz but for the price I was so happy. I know next year we will stay at the Seawatch again. Plus the beach was nice (crowded but that's to be expected) and we found tons of shells. It was the best shelling we have had in years.
Tips: If you get there at 3pm on Saturday be prepared to wait on an elevator. That is the check in time and it's crazy about then. Check in itself was fast and we did not have a lot so we just carried it up the stairs since elevators were full.
Walmart is close but on Saturday night at 9pm they are sold out of so much stuff. I think everyone goes to stock up for the week.
Liquor stores close on Saturday night at 7pm and don't reopen until Monday morning. Seawatch has a great Tiki Bar but drinks are expensive. (No more than any other place, but if you want to save money I think this is a good tip.)

1  Thank liblaura
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This was our first Myrtle Beach vacation together, and it was a wonderful vacation! We loved the location, the poolside entertainment that was provided, the service and the overall feeling of comfort that was displayed by the staff...........even down to the guy who checked us in, (it was his first day on the job!) We defintely will return to this location again! Very convenient to all restuarants and shopping malls!! The room was wonderful and the balcony view spectacular! A definte recommendation to all our friends!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynflowers
Reviewed 12 July 2009

We stayed at the Sea Watch Plantation in June 2009. The Sea Watch has two different properties owned by one. You have the Sea Watch Plantation which consists of the North and South Tower and the Windham Sea Watch Villas which are nestled in between the North and South Tower. Each building has its own parking garage.
The North Tower is where you check in and out. There is an ice cream shop, exercise room and a restaurant (you can east outside or inside). If you are interested in buying one of the units, there is an office in the North Tower as well. The South tower has a convenience store located on the second floor. The North tower has an outside bar. Music is played around the pool area in the North Tower. The South Tower has an extra outside pool but doesn't have the music. Twice a week a DJ is located off the North Tower Pool deck playing music. North tower has one outside pool, one indoor pool, a lazy river and three hot tubs. The South tower has two outside pools, one indoor pool, one indoor hot tub, lazy river and four outside hot tubs. The villas have a hot tub and two outdoor pools I believe. I didn't pay real close attention to the Villa pool area. However, you can use all pools at any of the buildings no matter which building you are staying in.
We requested the South Tower when we made our original reservations. Upon checked in, there was a mix up with our reservations. The lady at the front desk gave us a key to look at one of the rooms in the North Tower to see if we would be happy with it since it was our first time staying here. After looking at the room layout (it was okay, but it wasn't what we requested). We returned back to the desk to tell the lady that we really wanted to stay in the room we originally asked for. I didn't get her name or I would mention it here, but I wanted to say that she was very helpful and gave us the room type we requested in the building we requested.
Once we received our room keys, we drove over to the South Tower parking garage. Let me tell you there were plenty of luggage carts available for use. They even had plenty of baskets that are similar to the ones you get in a grocery store that folks would use when they brought back their groceries for the week. I have stayed at many places in Myrtle Beach and had to hunt for the luggage cart. No problem here. There was plenty of room to unpack and pack your vehicle as well. This was a pleasant experience. We didn't have a problem finding a parking space in the garage.
To our surprise, we were given a card with 14 free breakfast s during our stay. The breakfast is an all you can eat breakfast. There is a person making waffles and omelets the way you specify. The breakfast is normally $8.95 for adults and half price for children. The breakfast was good and would have been worth paying for if we didn't have the free breakfast card. I must say we didn't try the lunch or dinner so I cannot make a comment.
We stayed in an Ocean Front three bedroom in the South Tower. Master Bedroom had a King Bed, closet, dresser with TV and two night stands and a master bathroom (room was a little small), bedroom two had two double beds, dresser with TV and a closet and bedroom three had one double bed, dresser, two night stands and a closet. TV was missing (cable wire was hanging out of the wall). Not a big deal since my son didn't watch TV in his room. There was a safe in the closet of the third bedroom. We had ocean/pool views from one the bedrooms, dining area and living room. There was an ocean front view from the Master Bedroom. The balcony was an shaped like the Letter (L) facing the ocean and the pool areas. Very nice view. The beds were very comfortable (like sleeping on feathers). I will add that a friend of mine has stayed in the Villas and North Tower and mentioned she had hard beds. It must have been the luck of the room that we were in. I am not going to mention which room or floor because you might be my competition on getting that room for a future stay. But then again, maybe all of the rooms in the South Tower are like that (I really don't know).
The room needed a little upgrading. There were a few minor things that needed to be upgraded but we over looked them. The reservation desk had mentioned that some of the rooms had been remodeled by the owners. Apparently ours was not but we didn't let that spoil our vacation.
The only complaint I have at this point is the maid service was up and down. We didn't have the same person all week which was fine with us since the first person didn't give us enough towels or replace the dirty kitchen towel and didn't even give us extra soap etc.. We had here for two days, the second person was around for two days and was much better giving us plenty of towels and soap. The original maid came back the latter part of our stay and it was a repeat of the first two days. I just found a cart down the hall and helped myself to extra towels.
I wanted to mention one more thing, for you SURFERS out there, you can SURF all day in front of the Sea Watch! That's right, no restrictions. My boys were surfing continually when the waves were good. There are a lot of places in Myrtle Beach that you can only surf before 9 AM and after 5 PM. Here, grab your board and enjoy yourself. You can even place your own umbrella up in front of those hotel umbrellas that you rent from the life guards. This is the first place that I have witnessed that allows personal umbrellas to be placed in front of the hotel umbrellas. All of the other places I have stayed at in Myrtle Beach told us to put our umbrella behind the hotel umbrellas or on the side of them. This is a plus if you have a personal umbrella and want to bring it.
Even though this is a large complex, I didn't feel over crowded. There were plenty of lounge chairs at the pool and the beach area was wide. Our family had a nice relaxing vacation. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family