“Beware Condolux and Seawatch Plantation”

Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation
Ranked #51 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
North Carolina
“Beware Condolux and Seawatch Plantation”
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Rented through Condolux. Never again. Room was filthy and mattress was a slab of concrete. After sleeping on it for one night, both my wife and I had bruises. Because Condolux and Seawatch staff refused to change bedding, we alternated sleeping sitting in a chair while the other curled up on a small couch. For the entire week!! Condolux staff was unresponsive. After many calls to them, we got one call back saying they would "check on it". Never heard another word from them.

3 Thank oceanluv_9

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
philadelphia
Reviewed 25 August 2009

If you are looking for a gold crown resort this is not the place,
When we first arrive and we were heading for our rooms the halls were so dirty,
The doors to all the rooms were dirt on the outside. They were in desperate need of paint. You don't find this in a gold crown resort, The location was good. The rooms were cleaned but not decorated like a gold crown resort. On the scale of 1 to 10 I give this resort a 7.

2 Thank niki0318
North Carolina
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I just can't say enough about our stay at the SeaWatch Resort. The rooms were spacious for myself, husband and two 17 year old teenagers (we were in a 2-bdroom/2ba). It was an oceanview, but what a view! The swimming areas were always very clean and the staff was extremely accommodating. You can tell that this property and its staff takes pride in there facility and want to give you their best! They did for us and we are very grateful. I have told so many people already and will continue to share our experience. They can count on our repeat business. Many thanks, Margaret and Steve

1 Thank margaret890
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2009

Beware the bait and switch. The unit we had did not even have a full bathroom. The bathroom was claustrophobic and only contained a shower. When I called to speak to the manager about this - SURPRISE, no manager on duty!

The dresser drawers wouldn't closer properly...

The TV in the bedroom did not have a cable connection. Eventually that was fixed - but service staff was RUDE beyond belief.

The wireless internet did not work, the tech support number was completely useless and rude. The front desk staff was useless. I spoke with the customer service manager the next day - and she was equally worthless - She was unable to contact that resort manager, and there was nobody covering for him... And she did NOTHING to solve the problems.

But don't worry - they were real interested in their pushy sales program - until I basically blew on the sales guy first thing....

Save your money, and go elsewhere

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Travel_Relaxing
Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2009

My family and I stayed an entire week in the north tower and it was awesome! The room was great, (we shared a two bedroom with my sister and her husband). We have two children of our own. The kids spent most of the day at the pool when we were at the resort. Everything was close by. We were very pleased and will most likely visit again.

1 Thank WashJay
Saint Albans, Wv
Reviewed 20 July 2009

We usually stay at another place, but since our friends were going to seawatch we decided to try it out. As soon as we walked into our 2 bedroom suite, we were totally disappointed. It was the same as walking into a Best Western hotel room. It was tiny, and very boring. I do have to say that the air conditioner worked well, which is usually a problem at the beach. The pull out soft was horrible ! I felt so sorry for my son! The second bedroom wasn't even attached to our room. The girls loved it, but it kept us completely seperate in the evening. There were 6 of us, and the kitchen table only seated 2. We immediately called the front desk asking to be moved, but they were booked and pretty much said sorry, but....... On the first morning, housekeeping came but we told them we didn't need them today except for towels and to take out the trash. Come to find out, that is all they do anyways. They never once came to sweep or clean bathrooms. I called the front desk asking for housekeeping, but they leave at 4 pm and didn't have time that day. The washing machine was so loud that you had to leave in order to wash clothes. The restaurant only serves dinner on the weekends, but they do have a great breakfast. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time at the beach, but our accomodations were the worst i have ever had at myrtle. I do not plan on staying there again, and neither do our friends. Beach Cove is a sister company, and we love it there. Try that one instead!

2 Thank cattiva66
Loganville Georgia
Reviewed 17 July 2009

I am normally a hotel snob and I don't like condos. (I don't want to cook on vacation.) This year we wanted to keep vacation on a budget and so I found Seawatch thru TripAdvisor. We paided $135 (total with tax and everything) a night for a Studio. I was so afraid at this price what I would find but I was so happy. Our room was clean, the pull out murphy bed and the sofa bed were comfy. It was plenty of room for my husband, me and my 6 year old daughter. The staff was friendly, the breakfast buffett was good and a good price. (Made to order omlet was awesome and the guy cooking was amazing at what he did keeping so many things going at one time.) View from North Tower great. Our daughter enjoyed the lazy river and on Tuesday they had a "party" with a DJ and games that was really fun. It was not the Ritz but for the price I was so happy. I know next year we will stay at the Seawatch again. Plus the beach was nice (crowded but that's to be expected) and we found tons of shells. It was the best shelling we have had in years.
Tips: If you get there at 3pm on Saturday be prepared to wait on an elevator. That is the check in time and it's crazy about then. Check in itself was fast and we did not have a lot so we just carried it up the stairs since elevators were full.
Walmart is close but on Saturday night at 9pm they are sold out of so much stuff. I think everyone goes to stock up for the week.
Liquor stores close on Saturday night at 7pm and don't reopen until Monday morning. Seawatch has a great Tiki Bar but drinks are expensive. (No more than any other place, but if you want to save money I think this is a good tip.)

1 Thank liblaura
#1 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort
#41 of 209 in Myrtle Beach

Been to Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation? Share your experiences!