“Best Place in Myrtle Beach”

Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation
Ranked #41 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We have been going to SeaWatch for 9 years now and I have to say that every time we go, we are pleasantly surprised each time. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. The breakfast buffet is always good. The pool area is always clean and they keep the pools immaculate. I would recommend this place for anyone who is traveling with kids. They have a fun pool party in the summer on Tuesday and Thursdays. Tom, the DJ makes it alot of fun for the kids. Jesse at the Tiki Bar has been there ever since we started going and I have to say he is the best bartender I know.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 June 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights June 5-10 2010, we were in the North tower room 1105, the location is perfect for beach lovers. We have 2 kids (8 & 6) this was the first time they had ever seen the ocean, they loved it. There are 2 pools, 4 hot tubs and a lazy river. The lazy river was under repair during our stay which was no big deal for us. The South tower next door has the same layout. Our condo was a 1 bedroom with 2 double beds, a sofa bed and a murphy bed. The room is in need for some updates but was comfortable enough. There is very limited closet space. The kitchen has a stove/oven, fridge, diswasher and microwave also basic utinsels. One thing to remember is toilet paper and paper towels they only supply you with 1 each (we booked through Condo-World) when not booked through Wyndham there is no house keeping daily we had to do laundry to have clean towels etc.. All and all it is a pretty nice place with the perfect location.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MIKET11
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Stayed at Seawatch North Tower 5-15-10 til 5-22-10....First of all the Resort lied about ongoing work...They were working on BOTH towers and closed off the Lazy River in the South Tower...The Lazy River was closed off periodically in the North Tower as well...Then the North Tower pool was closed off and drained and no end date in sight...Then one of the Southy Tower pools was closed off for one day....Lots of dust flying around and no end in sight as well.....Beware if your gonna book at this place...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2010

I have stayed here before and the location is great. I booked over a month ago and was not told or was it posted on the web page that there would be a major renovation going on at this time. We had accomodations in the wing that was being renovated. The noise was a constant buzzing from morning till night. The enitre south tower water area was closed except for one pool. The complete complex area was roped off the first three days we stayed. On the last day of our stay the north tower had more open but the south tower was no where near completion. I would never had stayed here and spent money to listen to the construction in this complex. Almost everyone I spoke to was annoyed but I suppose they felt as helpless as I did after driving all the way here and paying upfront. I will file a complaint with the chamber of commerce but I don't think it will make a difference. If you are coming soon please call first and find out about the construction. There is still allot to be done.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2010

We stayed in the Villas...it wasn't what I imagined it to be...but very very nice. I like being so close to the beach. I didn't care too much for the indoor pools. I think they could have been more appealing. But the outdoor ones were very nice. I like the Tiki bar outside by the pools. The scenery was great and the views from the villa were awesome. I do think that the bathroom shower handles were a lil worn and should have been replaced. On windy days getting to the indoor pools from the Villas were a bit trying. I don't think the walk or run from the villa to the pool and visa versa is a good idea when soaking wet. You have to remember it is a bit windy at times due to being so close to the water and if you have kids it is a concern. They need to work out another route or have access to the pools w/o having to brave the gusty winds at times. I hated that the gym was the worst. Very small and you have to pay to use it ...not included in the time share. The gym does not belong to Wyndham and a fee of $5.00 per person was required for WHAT!!!.. a closet.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2010

had a great time staying in the south tower of the Sea atch resort, the room was awsome and the veiws spectacular. we stayed in unit 410 and it was obvious that the owners of the unit had done many upgrades and really looked after the place, flat screen tvs, comfortable modern furniture, beautiful decor and very clean. Resort staff were friendly and very helpful. Loads for the kids to do! would definately reccomend this place....request unit 416 south tower you won't be disapointed!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ccrctraveller
Reviewed 8 January 2010

Great Spot at a great price! Not 5 star rooms but very spacious and very clean. Pools, Hot tubs, Lazy Rivers and a Tiki Bar ..... We are Ocean City MD regulars and may become regulars at the SeaWatch.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
#36 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard
#4 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Wyndham SeaWatch Plantation? Share your experiences!