“NOT AT ALL WHAT I EXPECTED”
Review of Riptide Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riptide Beach Club
Ranked #91 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at Riptide, Myrtle Beach, the week of Aug 9-16. I was very leery of the hotel after reading reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean, the staff was exceptionally helpful, especially Samantha. There are 3 buildings at Riptide. We stayed in the C building. There is no pool in front of C building but there are 2 pools & a hot tub easily accessible. They request that if you use the pool after 10 pm that you observe "quiet time". I found that wonderful since we were ocean front. MOST people observed the "quiet time" except for a few that allowed their children to be in the pool after 10 and scream like banshees. I am glad that I was not ocean front in that building. Parking at the hotel is scarce but there is more than adequate parking across the street. I WILL DEFINITELLY RETURN TO RIPTIDE.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Racer71

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The room was nice and had everything we needed. There is a grill out back where we cooked most of the time and never had to wait to use it. It is a smaller "club" but everyone we came into contact with was nice and friendly including the staff. The pools were well taken care of and the property was clean. I enjoyed the stay with friends and it is very close to broadway at the beach, and short distance to the boardwalk. If you have children it is a great place to bring kids as well, children of different age groups were there and always seemed to play well with each other at the pool. Clean rooms and a great atmosphere, this place beats a lot of other places in Myrtle Beach. Take advantage of the things they have to offer that week for example, they offered facials, a foot detox and activities for children and a very low cost. So you don't have to leave the resort and spend an arm and a leg to keep the children occupied.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Asanders10
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have stayed here several times over the years. This visit was no different, always nice friendly staff and quiet atmosphere. It is an older establishment but everything is clean and in order. Lots of tables and chairs by the pool which I especially like. Activities throughout the week if you get tired of the pool and beach. I plan on returning again next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank cyntars
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in unit C21 it was very clean and had everything we needed for the week. It is a small older beachfront resort not a lot of bells and whistles but beautiful beach and 2 swimming pools. Staff very helpful got us in by noon the day of arrival. We loved it and would stay again!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Leanne S
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I want to thank all the staff for a wonderful vacation this past May. We could not have been treated nicer nor could we have asked for a cleaner place. The beach weather was even great! I do want to thank Ms. Brenda King also for the help in upgrading our condo. If I had ruby red slippers, I'd be clicking my heels right now....."No place like Riptide...." Thank you all again for a great vacation!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 18 May 2014

we stayed here at the beginning of May for the weekend and left the following sunday, the room was beautiful and the view from our balcony was amazing! we had a few issues with our ac unit not cooling like it was supposed to but with a quick call to the front desk a young maintenance man was promptly there to fix the problem within ten minutes of making the call, he was a very nice young man (i believe his name was Mike or Mikey) but the problem was resolved very quickly upon checking in. the pools were very clean, not very big..but no big deal. they even have grills outside that they provide with propane! I would recommend this place to anyone staying on the north end of Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Bebop H
Ruth W, Manager at Riptide Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to seeing you again!!

Connie Stollery
Property Manager

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Great location close to activities and restaurants. Resort staff is geared to make your vacation special regardless of the weather. A small comfy resort continually renovating and renewing to serve us better. Canadian snowbirds survived the winter of 2014 here. Extra thought was given to guests during the many winter vortexes that hit the area. Snow on the beach was a novelty.
Sunning on our ocean front balcony was a treat. The activities director kept us informed and had many things for us to do. Not many resorts of this size have an activities director in the off season.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret A
Ruth W, Manager at Riptide Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hello my Canadian friends. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review concerning your stay with us. Hope the snow has melted and your spring has begun. I will miss you guys next year but I know you will be in great hands.