“Very dirty rooms”

Schooner Beach & Racquet Club
“Very dirty rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

The room was so dirty that when my 10 month old crawled on the floor her feet and knees turned black!!! The furniture was stained and filthy. I felt very uncomfortable with the cleanliness of the room and hotel as a whole. We did laundry in the laundry room and lost money in 2 of the dryers because they did not work. I didn't mind the hotel and room being outdated but it should have at least been clean. Also, nobody tells you when you book the room that it is black bike week and let me say I would never vacation in myrtle beach again during that time, fortunately we were there at the end and only had to put up with it for one day. The staff all seemed very nice and the outdoor chairs and tables were very nice. Great view of the beach. In closing I will never stay there again because of how filthy the room was

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank paycentz
SchoonerI, Manager at Schooner Beach & Racquet Club, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Your comments are very helpful to us to ensure that these issues do not occur again. We are very sorry that you experienced these issues.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
High Point, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

My husband and I stayed this past weekend at the hotel and I must say that it was very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly which I loved. The room actually looked like the pictures on the site which was exellent! The only thing I didn't like was that if you are bringing your kids you may want to reconsider because there is not a lot for them to do (one sliding board outside) other than swim in the pool unless you want to drive to a different destination. However the cleanliness and friendliness of the staff was amazing. We stayed on the 9th floor and had a beautiful oceanfront room.

Room Tip: Very quiet and enjoyable!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing such a positive review about our resort.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

I do not have one bad thing to say of this place, people were nice, room was nice, the view from the bed at the beach was so nice and relaxing. A+ in my book, the outside of the building at night is really cool, your on the strip but away from the crowd on the grand, we got to stay top floor with an ocean view for a good price as well.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review. We really appreciate your kind words about our resort.
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

A two night stay with wife and daughters. We all loved the beachfront location and my one daughter actually slept by the large balcony window to enjoy the view and sound of the waves. Standard bathroom but with a whirlpool feature. Nice full kitchen. Would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the positive review. We love reading that your family had such a wonderful vacation with us.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I had never been to Myrtle Beach so I reserved this condo based on recommendation of my friends who own a time share with the company and stay here for a week every year. The rate was higher than many other properties for this time of the year, but at least I knew what to expect. This is a smaller complex, about 54 units, 9 floors, and does not cater to families, mainly older folks. Staff was very friendly, they switched me to the top floor, which I had been told was quietest. My condo was a one bedroom, plus a very odd little room like a closet with 2 bunk beds, very large living room, adequate kitchen, decent bathroom, and a disco era dining room (mirrors on all the walls, funky). But the primary reason for coming was the full ocean facing balcony. As I use the wifi, I can hear the surf crashing below. As far as I can tell everything is spotless, don't see any unpleasant surprises in the kitchen. Yes, I wish the bedroom had a window that could be opened, so I could sleep with the surf.

Location is fine, 71st Ave & Ocean Blvd, away from the craziness of the boardwalk area and about 6 miles up to the outlet mall at Rt 22. There is not really much around here, but just drive up a short distance to Rt 17 Business and 79th Ave and there are all the usual restaurants and a Food Lion. Wish I was staying longer than 2 nights.

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean front; higher floors may have less noise from folks out on the beach
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
SchoonerI, Manager at Schooner Beach & Racquet Club, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about our resort. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Prince George, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

After having a bad experience with another hotel I can say that I really did enjoy my stay in this room. I had debated whether or not I was going to drive back home and called after 7 pm and was able to find a room there cheaper than what I had paid at the hotel the night before. The view of the beach was great. I had my own little haven away from my kids. The only bad things I have to say about the place is Please place a notice on the front door that if a guest returns to the hotel after 11 to use the side doors. Trying to lug around tired kids that time of night was a drag. Also room 305 please check the twin beds. the board on the top bunk needs to be screwed tighter or taken off. Other than that my stay was great. Friendly and very helpful staff.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for the positive review. We have taken care of the bunkroom issue. We hope that you can visit us again.