“Not quite as good as the last time”

We can't find prices for this hotel
St. Clements Suites
Ranked #85 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 17 January 2007

We just returned from our 2nd visit to the St. Clements, having previously been there at Thanksgiving. We were very surprised to find there were more people staying there this time in January than in November. Overall, we were pretty pleased with a couple exceptions: 1. The elevators had problems this time with the doors not staying closed and very slow in opening. One time the elevator came to our floor, but the door never opened and it returned to the lobby. We also noticed that one of the elevators seemed to stay on the 7th floor. 2. When we stayed in this same condo before, we noticed that the coat rack behind the main door was very loose and almost out of the wall. That had never been fixed, so we reported it not once but twice this time. It was never fixed while we were there. 3. Parking was very tricky this time on the outside level with more cars being parked there. If you are very careful, you can manage it, but it takes some maneuvering of your vehicle. Overall, however, we still had a wonderful stay. Most of the front desk people are very nice. The unit we stayed in has some "wear and tear", but the view from the extra wide window and balcony is incredible.

3  Thank westiesrule

Reviewed 25 July 2006

We just had a family reunion that was held at the Caravelle Resorts and I must say that we were treated with A-1 service. The staff from the resort were very helpful and they made our stay as comfortable as possible. Some of our family members stayed at the the Caravelle Towers and the Caravelle Resorts. On the other, we stayed at St. Clements. We can only say good things about the staff members and how welcomed they made us feel. I won't hesitate in recommending their resort to my friends and family. I read some of the comments that some past vacationers had to say about their stay. I found some of those comments to be harsh and abrupt. We have been vacationing at the Caravelle for the past three years and each time we have always been satisified. As a matter of fact, we have been vacationing in Myrtle Beach for 18 straight years and we feel that we can honestly say the the Caravelle is up there in the top ten of great places to stay. We had stayed at some of the "finer" resorts and were not impressed. It is important to not to be fooled by the name or the outer appearance. I say to each it's own and to check out the resort for yourself. If all of the renovations caused pain to some past vacationers, then "tough" and move on. Changes are good. You can't please everyone, but for the ones who were pleased with the service from the Caravelle Resort, we say keep up the good work. We will continue to use your resort as our favorite vacation spot.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Georgiafinest
Reviewed 13 July 2006

Upon arrival June 7th for a 6 night stay at the Caravelle Resort Hotel, I was extremely worried about what I would encounter after reading the reviews on trip advisor. My fiance are both professionals and very picky about where we stay. We were referred to this hotel by friends.

We arrived at 9pm, very tired and exausted but excited about several days at the beach. We couldn't believe the deal we got to stay here also for we took advantage of the bed and breakfast special. We checked into the hotel and trotted off to check out the room first before hauling up our luggage. I was not pleased!! We asked for a king and got a full. The room was a galley style suite with the main bedroom in the back of the suite furthest away from the ocean view and I felt sort of claustrophobic. I really liked the view being that it was an ocean front executive suite. I guess you could say, as I viewed the construction around as well as the condition of the garage and the elevators, I had my women's intuition that there would be problems. I was right!!

We called over to the front desk and I told them our concerns. They quickly were able to accomodate us to move to the St. Clements Suites. We went down, exchanged the keys and trotted off to check out that room. They gave us the same deal even though we weren't staying in the hotel. Wow was I impressed!!! It was a pie shaped room with a georgous view. No construction!! Each one of these rooms is privately owned which means they had their own personal touches. The kitchen was immaculate. We loved that the king sized bed was right in front of the view of the ocean. The spare bedroom was in the back. There was even a guest book to sign that was a homey touch. We were on the 6th floor toward the center which was perfect!!

The pool at the St. Clements was never crowded and the snack/bar was great. I enjoyed the singer that they hired to sing during the daytime. It was a nice touch. There weren't many kids to bother us as we lounged and soaked up the sun. We like that for we deal with kids all year for our jobs as teachers. Dealing with them on our off time is very unpleasant!!

The parking was much better there because there were some outside slots. If we didn't get a spot outside, parking the the garage was a real trip because we had a very large SUV but my husband is a great driver and so we made out ok.

We walked over to the hotel each morning for breakfast which wasn't a problem because it was just right next door. The breakfast was fabulous with great service and wonderful food. The best part - it was free with our package!!

The hotel is in a great location away from the crazy teens. It was graduation week and there were a ton of them. This hotel is sort of by itself which made for a peaceful night's sleep.

Being that we are from Hilton Head, we are used to the best hotels. That being said, we loved St. Clements. If we had gotten stuck staying at the Hotel, I would have been really unhappy for I saw alot of what other people were complaining about. If ya'll come back, stay at St. Clements. You will love it!!

• Stayed: June 2006