“Great place”

Ranked #10 of 50 Shopping in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Good selection of cars to choose from. Extremely helpful staff, had no idea what I was doing when me and my son went in, they walked me through the entire process.

There are newer reviews for Ridemakerz

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We went around lunch time on Friday and there was no wait. My 4 yr son did a free wheel car 2 yrs ago and that thing has been put through the ringer but we've never had a problem with it. So he did an R/C this year and my 18 mth old did a free wheel. $120 for 2 cars but they had a blast and the cars parts are interchangeable so I told them next year they can just get a new body and maybe a few accessories. Overall a nice R/C and freewheel that can be switched around several ways and 100 times better than a build a bear. we'll be back.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Did my son enjoy spending 40 minutes making his own car? Yes.

Was 20 minutes spent waiting in line? Yup!

Is the car worth anywhere near the 62.00 price tag? Not even close!

Did a part of the car break within 10 minutes of being home? Yup

Could we have gone to the water park for the day instead of making the car? Twice.

Would we ever go back to Ridemakerz? Never!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The owners of this company did it right- Hire friendly and helpful staff and have a great variety of cars and accessories to choose from. You have the option of making a push car or a remote control car and personalizing it with tires, rims, lights, etc. With help and instruction from one of the staff, you get to put on your tires (and get timed of you want) and rims, and then pick out accessories to try. If you don't like the accessory no problem, you can just pick something else. It is great to be able to see what it will look like before having to purchase it.

Just be aware that cost can add up really quickly. I bought my husband a corvette, added R/C, rechargeable batteries and special rims and a muffler, and the total came out to $97 after a $10 off coupon.
My boys cars added up to $120 each- thank goodness Grandma was happy to treat them!!

So far the cars are holding up great, and my boys are really proud of their creations.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had great cars for boys and girls. Service was excellent! There are a LOT of options. Got a car for myself and one of my girls.

Pretty basic cars for the money. Would like some higher end upgrade options.