“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #49 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Point pleasant wv
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This place helped us out after we had a bad experience with our first hotel. The staff went out of their way to help us. The place was very clean and it was right on the beach. It has everything here and more. If you want a ocean view and a pleasant stay then I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Chris O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My family and I stayed this past weekend. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and the beds were pretty comfy. It was definitely worth the money and we will be staying again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Amy P
Danville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've stayed here every year since I discovered this little family motel in 2009. It's at the quiet end of the beach. Oceanfront and the rooms are very clean. They've been working on the rooms each year and they are really comfortable. I love the tile floors. I bring my two dogs and everyone usually brings their pets so the tile floors don't cause my allergies to flare up like carpet does. The staff is very helpful and will even help you with your luggage. Great showers with all the hot water you need. I hope they stay around for a long time. They are finally getting rid of the trashy places next door and there are plans to build a restaurant there. If you want fancy, this isn't the place for you. But if you want clean and friendly and affordable, the Vancouver can't be beat. My only complaint is the parking closest to tne ocean. If the motel is full, you could easily be blocked in.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Piglet601
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a small two story motel, right on the beach. It is not fancy, but it is clean and the cleaning staff take good care of the rooms. The beds were comfortable. They have own parking right near the hotel and a good sized outdoor pool. You are steps from access to public beach. The crowd (at least when I went) was middle aged to older adults, mostly traveling with dogs. At night many sit out side their rooms and were playing cards, or having a quiet drink and sitting with the pups. The staff was very friendly. The room was bare bones, I liked the colors in our bathroom it was very beachy, and we had a stove and a fridge and all rooms have tiled floors. Although it could use a little updating - it reminded me of a vintage 50's sort of place and clean is more important to me than anything else and the price was more than reasonable. Its a gem of a place.

Room Tip: If you stay on a second floor you can see the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CampingismyZen
central Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My daughter I spent two nights here and it was great. It's amazing that you can still get a beachfront room with a private balcony and kitchenette for $65 a night. The motel is old but charming. The clerk (possibly Mark?) greeted us enthusiastically when we arrived and made sure we would enjoy our stay. Almost everything in the room (314) worked well and we slept comfortably.

It's a pet friendly motel but we didn't notice any unruly animals or any pet odors in the room. The oceanfront rooms are absolutely worth the $15/night premium. The windows don't open, so since we were on the third floor we left the door to the balcony open and fell asleep to the sounds of the waves on the beach. Someone set off fireworks for about 10 minutes one evening but that was the only other noise we heard. The beach was safe (regular patrols after sunset) and uncrowded.

The only minor problems we experienced were with the shower, which leaked onto the floor even with the curtain pulled inside the tub. Also, the shower head is old and needs cleaned since deposits make the water spray out (or not) unpredictably. And beware that the water temperature changes quickly without warning.

Here's why it was much better than I expected. While planning our trip we noticed some reviews here or elsewhere that mentioned problems coming from the property next door. I checked Google Streetview and saw what looked like a dumpy rent-by-the-hour no-tell motel just south of the Vancouver. When I made the reservation I expressed concern, and Mark told me that the dodgy motel had recently been torn down, and that the only trouble we might get from that property would be possibly hearing some equipment hauling debris away. When we got there we were relieved to see that he was correct, and the building was no more. Actually all three former motels just to the south were in various states of demolition, and whoever had been frequenting them had disappeared. We never heard any noise, but admittedly were not at the motel during the day.

We're still amazed that we could have such a great stay in Myrtle Beach for less than half what the other hotels were charging. Everything we wanted to do was a short drive away, and since we didn't take the trip just to sit in a motel all day, we were very satisfied. Looking forward to visiting again!

Room Tip: 3rd or 2nd floor oceanfront
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank mapcat
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this motel. It was super clean although it is dated,. If you are looking for a lot of amenities or a high end hotel, this is probably not the place for you. If you are looking for a budget friendly and quiet motel a few steps from the beach you should consider this motel. The staff is friendly as well.I rented a room with a kitchenette and it had a full size refrigerator, a stove and a sink. There were pots and pans, plates and cutlery for us to use. The room was bigger than I expected. It was in a nice location. It was a short drive to the main boardwalk and amusement park. All in all I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Gloria Z
Rochester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Oceanfront balcony room with all the comforts of home ! Close to everything and the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. We will definitely return. If you re looking for a clean room without all the bells & whistles ( gym, hot tub, etc) this is the place for you.

• Stayed April 2014