“get away vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Marietta, Ohio
“get away vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

We paid $250 for a 1 bedroom full kitchen. When we first got there on the internet it said a oceanview ,well ours wasn't. We got there really late, so I waited till in the morning. I went down said something at the front desk, they were really nice and changed our room with no problems.

2 Thank cheryl m
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Dear cheryl m,

Thank you so much for your review on your most recent visit with us here at Bay View resort and I am delighted to see that our staff was able to get you and your family to the accommodations that you were looking for without delay and I do apologize for this little mix up. I am pleased to see though that after we had everything straightened out, that you and your guests had a relaxing vacation with us and I am looking forward to having you all with us again very soon. Thank you again for your wonderful review on our facility and staff, and I wish you and your family a happy and healthy new year.

Best wishes,

Tom Emmert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
Durham, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

We paid about $360 for a really big two-bedroom suite for 4 nights, ocean front, the week before Christmas. Really clean rooms, flat-screen TVs, big kitchen, etc. For the price, I expected it to be a little grungier, or not have updated kitchens, etc. Very pleasantly surprised. We also got a $40 gift card for Starbucks with our package. Everything was very clean, the kitchen is the size of an apartment kitchen, two big balconies, etc. Very happy and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank josh l
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 24 December 2011
Dear nkb1008,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review on your recent vacation with us here at Bay View resort. I am thrilled to see that you and your family were pleasantly surprised with our facility and that you all were very satisfied with your accommodations in our 2 bedroom condo. All of us here take great pride in keeping our resort clean and up to date and I am very happy to see that we were able to not only meet, but surpass your expectations and I will be sure to let the staff know that their hospitality and service was greatly appreciated by you and your family. Thank you again for such a wonderful review on our resort and I am looking forward to having you and yours with us again soon. From our family to yours, we wish you a safe and happy holiday season.

Shallotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

My husband and I were very pleased with the our visit to the Bay View Resort. We live only about an hour away, but were in need of a break from the every day to unwind and took advantage of the off season availability and great rates. The resort and amenities were beautiful and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and well appointed and it was easy to feel pampered. We had a beautiful view and balcony to enjoy it. The pool and local attractions looked like a lot of fun for our children -we will bring them along next time. The full kitchen and washer/dryer will make it easy to have them along for a longer trip.

1 Thank rebecca w
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 18 December 2011
Dear rebecca w,

Thank you so much for posting a review on your recent visit with us here at Bay View resort and I am very happy to see that you and your family were able to enjoy a quiet and relaxing vacation with us here in Myrtle Beach. I pleased to see that you had enjoyed your accommodations with us as well as the wonderful view of the ocean from your balcony and that our housekeeping staff did an splendid job of preparing the room for your arrival. Of course I will be more than happy to let the staff know that they were most accommodating during your time spent with us and that they were able to make you and your family feel right home, they all do an amazing job at taking care of our guests and I will make sure that they know their hospitality was greatly appreciated by you and your family. Thank you again for your wonderful review on our resort and our staff and I am looking forward to having you as well as the rest of your family as our guests again very soon and; from our family to yours, we would like to wish you all a safe and happy holiday season.

Canon City, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

Bay View Resort was suggested to me by a man I met in Garden City at a thrift store while my wife and I were shopping. We decided to check it out and we got an ocean front room at a great price. We could see the Sky Wheel from our balconey so we went down and took a flight. We went into Celebrity Square and enjoyed a great meal at Senor Frogs. In the morning we had a Starbucks coffee and a bluberry muffin down stairs in the Resort, Yummy. One night is all we had this time, but we are planning on a few nights next Dec. We hope to see a couple of shows and enjoy some of the off season discounts.

Room Tip: the 19th floor, which is really the 18th because there is no 13th, has a great veiw. we slept with t...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 15 December 2011
Dear Donny H,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review on your recent vacation with us here at Bay View resort and I am delighted to see that while your time with us was short, we made a fantastic impression on you and your family. Rooms on the North end of the building do have great view of the Sky Wheel which, when lit up in the evening, is truly a sight to see and of course we doesn't love a warm cup of coffee and a delicious muffin to start the day off? Given our location is right in the center of Myrtle Beach, we are just a few short minutes from a good number of the local points of interest including Broadway at the Beach and I am delighted to see that you all were able to take advantage of this. Thank you again for such a great review on our resort and I am looking forward to having you and your family as our guests again very soon. From our family to yours, we would like to wish you all a safe and happy holiday season.

Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

Great location. Good value for the price. Room might have been a bit small but bathroom was very roomy. Spotless clean.

Room Tip: We didn't request a specific floor and received a room on the 2nd. It might be a bit low but the...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 9 December 2011
Dear transatlantics,

Thank you very much for posting a review on your recent vacation with us here at the Bay View resort and I am thrilled to see that you and your party had enjoyed your time spent with us and that you had enjoyed our wonderful location on the boardwalk. I will be sure to let the housekeeping staff know that they had done a fantastic job with preparing the room and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of having you back with us again very soon and perhaps we can look at reserving one of our spacious 1 bedroom condos for your next visit. Thank you again for your wonderful review on our resort and from our family to yours, we would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season.

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

We are back at the Bay View and everything is wonderful. The condo is clean, the views of the ocean, the Boardwalk and new Sky Wheel are spectacular!! The light show on the Sky Wheel is beautiful and just steps away from our Bay View balcony. This is a slow season in Myrtle Beach (which is why we come) and we love coming back to the Bay View.

1 Thank loveMyrBeach
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 16 December 2011
Dear loveMyrBeach,

Thank you so much for another fantastic review on our resort and I would like to personally thank you for your continued patronage of hotel. I am thrilled to see that you and your family had enjoyed another relaxing vacation with us and that you had enjoyed the view of the new Sky Wheel from your balcony, this is quite a sight in the evening when it is lit up. Thank you again for your great review on our resort and for your loyalty to our facility, I do hope we will have the pleasure of having you and your family back with us again and I would like to wish you all a safe and happy holiday season.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

I own a business in Myrtle Beach and had just sold my house. I was looking for a nice place to stay and Bay View exceeded my expectations. I stayed in a Sunset Suite. It had a full kitchen, a washer and dryer and was actually bigger then some one bedroom apartments i have seen. Everyone I dealt with was very helpful and friendly. Bay View is in a great location on 5th Ave right on the Boardwalk. I am planning on calling today to book a room for another couple of weeks

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Dear Mmayson602,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on your recent vacation with us here at Bay View resort and I am very happy to see that you and thoroughly enjoyed your vacation with us. Of course all of our condos, including the sunset view condos, come furnished with a full kitchen as well as a washer and dryer and have plenty of space for a week's stay and our location on the new boardwalk is second to none. I am also delighted to see that our staff was able to make you feel right at home during your transition and I will be more than happy to pass along to them that their hospitality was greatly appreciated. Thank you again for your great review and all of the kind words you had for our resort and from our family to yours, we would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season and we are looking forward to having you back with us again very soon.