“Great Stay at the Bay View on the Boardwalk” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bay View on the Boardwalk

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #35 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Stay at the Bay View on the Boardwalk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

My family just returned from a long weekend trip to Myrtle Beach. After searching the internet for best price and location, we selected the Bay View on the Boardwalk. Our trip was great and wished we could have stayed longer. Upon arrival we were greeted by very helpful bell staff. Check in was easy and staff were helpful. When we arrived in our room, it exceeded my expectations. The room (one bedroom condo) was very spacious, clean and up to date. The appliances were all new and everything about the room worked great. Cleaning service had done a great job preparing the room.
Just a few more comments, location is great - right in the center of Myrtle Beach and within walking distance of most everything. The boardwalk is really nice and the city has done well to "clean up" the Pavillion area. We stayed in off season and the value of our room was excellent. The beds in this hotel were better than most.
We stay at Myrtle Beach several times a year and have been visiting for 30+ years. This is one of the better resorts, regardless of some of the negative reviews. For all of us that have visited Myrtle Beach we all have different expectations. Every hotel has its positives and negatives. I did not experience any of the negatives that others have commented on. We will plan to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms are very spacious. Some include washer/dryer, so if this is important to have ask ahead.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Mr_Carl,

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review on Bay View resort and I am thrilled to see that you and your family had thoroughly enjoyed your first visit with us. I am sure by now that word has spread about our convenient location on the boardwalk with a number of attractions right around the resort and being that we are more or less in the center of the city, a large number of the local points of interest are within a very short drive from our resort. I am also very happy to hear that you all were pleasantly surprised with your accommodations and I will be sure to let the front office staff as well as the housekeeping staff know; that their hospitality and hard work was greatly appreciated by you and your family. Thank you so much for your wonderful review on our resort and our staff and I am looking forward to having you and your family as our guests again very soon.

Most respectfully

Tom Emmert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

This is our second stay with Bay View Resort! The first time we happened upon it by rate and deal they offered through Book It.com. We were extremely happy with our first stay! We decided to return a year later and decided to try the Sunset View Condo! We were once again extremely happy with this choice. Yes, the condo faces the road and not the ocean but this did not really bother us. The kitchen is fully equipped and the extra room was nice since we wanted to stay awake but needed our four year old to go to sleep!

The indoor waterpark is great! The security and bellmen are great ! They even checked to make sure my son was not alone in the pool when I was out of view! The housekeeping was great and very nonintrusive but thorough! Checkin was thorough and friendly. There was a very nice lady and a gentleman that went out of their way to make us feel welcome(we checked in 1/14 around 3) I wish I had gotten their name to mention here!

I needed to inquire about booking for a friend and family and ourselves for a date in Feb. I stopped by the front desk and spoke with Chris the night manager and he was extremely helpful! I wasn't ready to book but he promised me if I called back with the information he gave us, he would be able to honor the rate! My friend and I just called tonight. Unfortunately, Chris was off but Ruby was just as helpful and accomadating! I called first and then my friend called next! Ruby was great!

I will continue to recommend and stay at the Bay View Resort!

PS.. the folks at Starbucks were great too!!!

Room Tip: Oceanfront Condo if you need the ocean view but Sunset is just as great....minus the view!
1 Thank Susan L
Dear Susan L,

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review on our resort and I would like to thank you for you continued patronage of our hotel. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to make your check in process a smooth and easy one and that you felt right at home from the beginning. I have already passed along your praises to Ruby as well as Chris and they would both like to thank you for the putting in a good word for them. I am also delighted to see that our staff and our facilities continue to meet your vacation needs perfectly and I am looking forward to serving you and your family as our guests again and I cannot thank you enough for any and all recommendations you will make on our behalf. Thank you again for such a great review on Bay View resort and I look forward to having you and your friends and family as our guests in the future.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Stayed here the weekend before Christmas. The staff was friendly and helpful at check-in. I loved their garage! You have to have a room key to get into the garage- which is a block away. Their tiny rooms had a musty smell we couldn't get rid of. There are plenty of other places at the beach I would pick before I stayed at this place again. It wasn't awful, but it just wasn't that good.

Room Tip: Pick one at a different hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 15 January 2012
Dear Stephanie R,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to post a review on your recent visit with us here at Bay View resort and for allowing us to serve you as our guest. I am delighted to see that our staff was able to make your check in smooth and easy and I will be sure to relay your praises to them. I would like to take this opportunity apologize for the experience you had with your accommodations, especially the matter regarding the aroma in the room. To be honest this is the first report of any unpleasant odors in our rooms but I promise you as well as the rest of our travelers that we will be addressing this with our housekeeping department and we will be sure to correct this as quickly as possible. I would also like to apologize for the disappointment in the accommodations themselves, while I know our standard hotel rooms are suited more for 1-2 night visits, we do of course have a great selection of spacious 1, 2, and 3 bedroom condos for our guests. These accommodations combined with our extremely competitive discounts make for a truly wonderful vacation experience. I am very sorry for the experience and the impression that you had left our resort with and I would very much like an opportunity to make this up to you and your family and if I am afforded this chance, please feel free to contact me directly and we can certainly look at reserving you and your family in one of our ample sized condos at an exceptionally discounted rate. Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention, we will be working with our individual departments to improve upon these matters and I do hope to have the pleasure of having you and your family as our guests again in the future.

Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

My wife and I were very happy with our stay at Bay View. The room was clean, spacious, and well appointed. Hotel staff were courteous and friendly. We had a problem with our bathroom light on arrival, which was fixed immediately. The location was great, convenient to the highway, shopping, and restaurants. The pool area was nice, and again very clean. We did not use any other amenities on site. Our only complaint is that the pillows were small, and not enough for the room, so we suggest bringing your own if you can. We will stay at Bay View our next trip to Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SMinRI
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear SMinRI,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review on your recent visit with us here at Bay View resort and I am delighted to see that you had enjoyed your vacation with us and that our staff was able to assist you with getting the lights fixed right away. I do apologize for the issue regarding the pillows, I will be speaking with our housekeeping department on this and we will certainly look into a few options regarding these and we can certainly look into supplying more pillows to each room. I am happy to see though that we were able to meet your vacation needs and I am looking forward to having you and your family as our guests again very soon. Thank very much for all of the kind words you had for our resort and our staff and from our family to yours, we would like to wish you a happy and healthy new year.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed in 404B. Upon arrival the building was impressive. The first 2 days of maid service was really nice. Went downhill after that. 3rd day we left the condo and upon returning the door that was locked to enter the adjoining room had been left unlocked. I reported it to the manager on duty (Chris) he was great about it-showed alot of concern and advised he would report it to the head of housekeeping. As far as the furnishings--the beds were terrible--sheets terrible-living room furniture was terrible--kitchen was nice and dining room table was nice. Maid service after the first couple days was bad--never vacuumed while we were there--we stayed 7 nights and the 7th night they changed our sheets?--December/January is a great time to stay in this area--the boardwalk is right outside and very nice to walk on--weather was tremendous!!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Skigal001
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Dear Skigal001,

Thank you very much for posting your review on your recent vacation with us and I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your time spent with us. This is certainly not the normal level of service we provide to our customers and I assure you this issue with the door as well as the service to the room itself, will be addressed again with the staff and this will be corrected immediately. On the matter concerning the furnishings in the room, I will speak with our home owner's representative on this so they can speak with the owners of that particular condo on this and have hem consider making the necessary upgrades to their condo. I do apologize for this and we are afforded the opportunity to make this up to you and your family, please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make this up to you and yours. Every guest matters to us and we strive to have each of our guests leave with a smile. Thank you very much for your bringing these matters to our attention, we will be doing our best to improve upon these matters as quickly as possible and I do hope that we will get to have you and your family visit with us again in the future. From our family to yours, we would like to wish you a happy and healthy new year.

Most respectfully,

Woodstock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We have been traveling to Myrtle Beach, SC for the last several years. We always stay at the Bay View Resort and love it! The facility is beautiful and well maintained. The rooms are gorgeous and the indoor pool, lazy river, hot tub and kiddie pool are even better than they look on the internet. Everytime we go the staff goes out of thier way to make out trip great!!!!

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room, but the ocean front suites are our favorite!
1 Thank Karen P
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 7 January 2012
Dear Karen P,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review you had posted on your recent vacation with us here at Bay View and I would like to thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel. I am very happy to see that you all had enjoyed another fantastic visit with us and I will be more than happy to let the staff know that their hospitality was greatly appreciated by you and yours. They all do such a great job and we wouldn't be where we are today without their hard work. Thank you again for all of the kind words you had for our staff and for our resort, I am looking forward to having you all with us again and I would like to wish you and your family a happy and healthy new year.

Best wishes,

Clayton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Ocean front, 1 bedroom condo on the 17th floor was perfect for the New Years Eve weekend.
Located in the heart of Myrtle Beach, being able to walk to restaurants and entertainment was
just what I was looking for. The room was clean, the kitchen was well equipped and personnel were friendly and helpful. I would certainly recommend Bay View as a great deal for the money.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bobbie G
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear Bobbie G,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review on your vacation wiht us here at Bay View resort and I am very happy to see that you and your party had enjoyed your accommodations in our ocean front one bedroom condo as well as our location in the Myrtle Beach area for your New Year's Eve celebration. We certainly are in one of the better locations on the new boardwalk with a handful places to dine as well as some of the local entertainment very close, we have truely been fortunate with our convenient location. I will be more than happy to let the staff know that their hardwork has not gone unnoticed by our guests and that their hospitality was greatly appreciated by you and your family. Thank you again for your wonderful review and all of the kind words you had for our resort and our staff, I am looking forward to having you all as our guests again and I would like to wish you and your family a happy and healthy new year.