“Wonderful Stay”

Ranked #35 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Carolina
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach for four days and stayed at the Bay View. Because we were only there for 3 nights, we just wanted an oceanfront King room. We were given a great rate and a room on the 7th floor. The hotel was only a few years old and everything was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the private oceanfront balcony was a little bigger (deeper) than at other places we have stayed in the past. There was a small safe in the closet; not big enough to store a normal size laptop, but big enough for wallet, jewelry, smaller valuables. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom and in the main room a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. The only negative thing I could say about the room was that there was no table and chairs in it. The room was a little smaller than most King rooms, but maybe that's because the balcony was a little deeper. We picked up a pizza one night for dinner and I sat in bed and ate it and my husband sat in the one chair in the bedroom. Some people may not like this, but we were fine with it.

As for the rest of the hotel, there is an exercise room on the second floor with a glassed front looking out over Ocean Drive. There is also a balcony on the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor where you can play shuffleboard, chess or checkers. The pool, lazy river and hot tub are indoors on the ground floor of the hotel (it has glass doors all across the back that they open up in warmer weather. The pool and lazy river is not very large and appeared a little crowded during the times that we walked through. There is also a Starbucks on the ground floor of the hotel. As for location, it is just a little south of the new Sky Wheel and within easy walking distance along the new beautiful boardwalk that runs behind the hotel or along the beach.

The parking garage is across the street and behind an older motel, but the positive thing is that it is locked and you must have your room key to access it. This was a plus for us because we didn't have to worry about our car.

We had a great time and have already made reservations here for April.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank deserthiker
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear deserthiker,

Thank you for choosing to vacation with us here at Bay View and I am delighted to see that you all had thoroughly enjoyed your vacation with us here in Myrtle Beach. Of course we do have our selection of standard hotel rooms such as the one you had vacationed in but we also have a great selection of 1, 2, 3 & even 4 bedroom penthouses available for reservations as well as an equally wonderful selection of amenities. From our outdoor game deck to the indoor pools, we have something for everyone and just up Ocean Boulevard is one of the larger arcades in the area. Our location on the boardwalk has certainly worked in our favor and our guests, especially in the summer months, love our centralized location on Ocean Boulevard with a handful of places to dine and shop within walking distance and others with in a 10 - 15 minute drive you cannot top our location. Though our garage is across the street it is a secure, gated garage as you had previously pointed out and we do offer a shuttle service that can take guests to and from the garage upon request and I am very pleased to see that you had piece of mind with your vehicle in our garage. I cannot thank you enough for your fantastic review of our resort and I do hope we will have the pleasure of serving you and your family as our guests again in the future and from our family to yours, we would like to wish you a safe and happy upcoming spring season.

Most respectfully,

Tom Emmert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
Reidsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel at least 5 times and have never been disappointed. I love the location and the staff is always friendly. I consider it a safe place for my family and friends. The rooms are always clean and the rooms are furnished nicely. Although I do not swim the indoor pool is a great plus and having Starbucks available is wonderful. I feel right at home there.

1 Thank SANDRA S
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear SANDRA S,

Thank you so much for posting a review on your most recent visit with us and I am very pleased to see that you and your family have enjoyed yet another wonderful visit with us here at Bay View resort. I thank you for allowing us to continue to serve you and your family and I will be more than happy to let the staff know that they were able to make your time spent with us as comfortable as possible and that they allow you to feel welcomed right from the start. They all do such a wonderful job with our guests and I know they will appreciate your kind words as much as I do. Thank you again for your loyalty and for your wonderful review on our resort and when you are ready to return to Myrtle Beach, your second home will be right here waiting for you.

North Carloina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We have stayed at the Bay View Resort at least eight times. Several of the reasons we continue to return are:
*location
*friendly/accommodating staff
*cleanliness
*room layout
We usually stay in the ocean front 2 bedroom with 4 double beds. We have only stayed at this location during the off season so I cannot say how it would be to stay here during the summer. Bay View is our #1 pick for our girls get away and our family get away during Thanksgiving. The only complaint I have is that the furniture is very hard and uncomfortable and not large enough to accommodate the number of people it sleeps.

Room Tip: Use room photos provided on the web site. They accurately portray the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ctwaternut
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 27 January 2012
Dear ctwaternut,

Thank you for taking a moment to post a review on Bay View resort and I personally thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel. As I stated in a previous response, it’s our loyal customers that keep our business going and I cannot thank you enough for your business. I am delighted to see that you and your party had enjoyed another fantastic girl's weekend with us and I hope we will continue to have the pleasure of having you all as our guests. I would like to apologize for the issue regarding the furniture, I will make sure that this feedback gets to the home owner's department and perhaps we can speak with the owners of this particular condo on making the necessary upgrades to their condo for your next visit with us. Thank you again for such a wonderful review on our resort and again I am very pleased to see that overall you and your party did enjoy your time spent with us and I do hope to have the pleasure of serving you all as our guests again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

I come to myrtle beach quite often and love Bayview. Location is amazing. Boardwalk bars are walking distance and staff are all amazing and accommodating. My kids love the indoor pools and even though the hotel is not the newest you would never know by looking at the rooms. If your ganna stay get the rooms with the kitchen they are so spacious and worth the minimal upgrade price!! Only place I stay at in myrtle beach for 7 yrs now.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Jkae4ev
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear Jkae4ev,

Let me start off by thanking you and your family for your loyalty to Bay View resort, of course in these times every business is taking a hit but it’s our loyal patrons that keep us going and for this I sincerely thank you. I am very pleased to see that you and your family had enjoyed another relaxing visit with us and that you had thoroughly enjoyed your accommodations as well. Of course all of our condos do come with a full kitchen, which is certainly a plus with families vacationing on a budget and would opt to prepare a meal at the hotel rather than going out to dine and it is no secret that the indoor water amenities are a big hit with the younger kids. Thank you again for your wonderful review on our resort and I cannot thank you enough for your continued patronage of our resort and I do hope we will have the pleasure of having you and your family as our guests again in the future.

Elgin, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

My family and I have visited Myrtle Beach at least once yearly, since I was born. We feel like we've stayed pretty much everywhere there, but haven't found the "perfect place". This may be it! We wanted to find a spot located on or near the Boardwalk, but most of the places on the map looked old and small. I was afraid they would be dirty and rundown. Then I spotted Bay View. It has the perfect location! We had a beautiful view from our balcony, and we were right on the boardwalk. We walked down to the Ripley's, the Bowery, and the neat little shops close by. Our two favorite restaurants- Shucker's and Ultimate CA Pizza were close by, too. The rooms at Bay View were very spacious and clean. Everything was in excellent condition. The bellhops, including Tracy and Dontay, were extremely friendly every time we saw them. We really felt welcome there. Many people enjoyed the indoor pool. It looked nice, but we were too busy sightseeing. Oh, and did I mention there was a Starbucks on site?!?!? Plus it was on the ocean side of Ocean Blvd, so I didn't have to cross the street to get coffee.

Room Tip: Beautiful view from the oceanfront rooms!
1 Thank mrsbgranger
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear mrsbgranger,

Thank you very much for posting such a wonderful review on your recent vacation and I am delighted to see that we were able to fit your vacation needs perfectly. We are indeed in a wonderful location on the boardwalk with the 2nd Avenue pier just to the South and the Bowery and arcade area just a few blocks to the North as well as a handful of other great places to dine such as Ultimate California Pizza, we couldn't have asked for a better location. I am also very happy to see that Tracy and Dontay, as well as the rest of the staff, were able to make you and your family feel right at home and I will be sure to pass along your kind words to them. They all do such a wonderful job and we wouldn't be where we are today without them and I know they will appreciate your thanks. Thank you so much for your kind words and for your praises and I look forward to serving you and your family as our guests again very soon. From our family to yours, we wish you a safe and wonderful week.

Respectfully yours,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

My wife and I just returned from a stay at Bayview on the Boardwalk over MLK weekend. We booked it at a $45/night rate for an oceanfront room. The check-in staff was very helpful and offered discounted tickets to pretty much anything that was open without us asking. We ended up on 17th floor and our room had a great view of the ocean and the sunrises. The room was pretty small, but for $45, we were not going to complain. It also helped that it was just us and no kids on this trip. Everything was clean and not too outdated like other Myrtle Beach oceanfront hotels we have been at over the years. The Starbucks on-site was also a nice perk. Also, the location of the hotel right in the middle of the boardwalk gives easy access to the sky-wheel and other tourist attractions on the strip, which saves money and hastle in not having to deal with parking and traffic. There are a couple of reasons why we would probably not stay here in the peak season though. First, there are only 3 elevators for the entire building, so when they are operating at peak capacity, I would imagine it would take 15 minutes to get to your floor, especially if you were on a high floor. It took us about 5 to 7 min each trip during the off-season. Second, while the indoor pool/spa/lazy river is great during the winter, there is no outside pool and that is a big deal for us when we go to the beach during the summer and like to swim while taking in some rays. I will say though that the lazy river current is pretty good and definately moves you around in the tube. The parking deck is located across the street, but really is not that big of a deal to walk over to....just remember to bring your room key to get in or it will be a long walk back and timely trip back up to room.

Pros: Starbucks on-site, nice lazy river, located on boardwalk, clean rooms
Cons: No outdoor pool, timely wait for elevators, limited space outside, small room if not a condo

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gtgoose
BayviewManagement, General Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Gtgoose,

Thank you very much for taking a moment to post a review on your recent visit with us here at Bay View resort and I am happy to see that you and your family had enjoyed your time spent with us and were able to take advantage of our great winter rates. I see that on this visit you and your party had one of our standard hotel rooms which is great for a weekend getaway for two and of course when you come and visit with us again with the rest of the family, we can certainly look at reserving you into one of our spacious 1 or 2 bedroom condos. While it is true that we do not have any outdoor pools at the present time, a large portion of our indoor pool area is made up of large sliding glass doors that we open in the summer months to give the poll deck a more open feel. Plus, being that we are right on the ocean front, this certainly helps in the summer months and we do an outdoor patio for our guests to sunbathe on as well. Another wonderful feature of our resort is our location, being that we are right on the boardwalk we have a number of points of interest right around the resort and a large number of them are with in a very close distance as you had mentioned. I do know at certain times of the year there can be a bit of a wait with our elevators, these would include peak check in/check out times as well as holiday weekends and of course the summer months. I know we have gone through and adjusted the sensors for the weight scales to improve upon these wait times and this has helped but this phenomenon can be true for any resort given the right time of day and year. Of course we will continue to work to improve upon these even more and I would like to thank you as well as our other travelers for their patience and cooperation with us on this matter. Thank you again for your time and for all of the kind words you had for our staff and resort, I am very pleased to see that overall you had enjoyed your vacation with us and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you as well as the rest of your family as our guests in the future and from our family to yours; we wish you all happy and healthy year.

Respectfully yours,

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

My family just returned from a long weekend trip to Myrtle Beach. After searching the internet for best price and location, we selected the Bay View on the Boardwalk. Our trip was great and wished we could have stayed longer. Upon arrival we were greeted by very helpful bell staff. Check in was easy and staff were helpful. When we arrived in our room, it exceeded my expectations. The room (one bedroom condo) was very spacious, clean and up to date. The appliances were all new and everything about the room worked great. Cleaning service had done a great job preparing the room.
Just a few more comments, location is great - right in the center of Myrtle Beach and within walking distance of most everything. The boardwalk is really nice and the city has done well to "clean up" the Pavillion area. We stayed in off season and the value of our room was excellent. The beds in this hotel were better than most.
We stay at Myrtle Beach several times a year and have been visiting for 30+ years. This is one of the better resorts, regardless of some of the negative reviews. For all of us that have visited Myrtle Beach we all have different expectations. Every hotel has its positives and negatives. I did not experience any of the negatives that others have commented on. We will plan to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms are very spacious. Some include washer/dryer, so if this is important to have ask ahead.
Dear Mr_Carl,

Thank you for posting such a fantastic review on Bay View resort and I am thrilled to see that you and your family had thoroughly enjoyed your first visit with us. I am sure by now that word has spread about our convenient location on the boardwalk with a number of attractions right around the resort and being that we are more or less in the center of the city, a large number of the local points of interest are within a very short drive from our resort. I am also very happy to hear that you all were pleasantly surprised with your accommodations and I will be sure to let the front office staff as well as the housekeeping staff know; that their hospitality and hard work was greatly appreciated by you and your family. Thank you so much for your wonderful review on our resort and our staff and I am looking forward to having you and your family as our guests again very soon.

Most respectfully