My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach for four days and stayed at the Bay View. Because we were only there for 3 nights, we just wanted an oceanfront King room. We were given a great rate and a room on the 7th floor. The hotel was only a few years old and everything was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the private oceanfront balcony was a little bigger (deeper) than at other places we have stayed in the past. There was a small safe in the closet; not big enough to store a normal size laptop, but big enough for wallet, jewelry, smaller valuables. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom and in the main room a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. The only negative thing I could say about the room was that there was no table and chairs in it. The room was a little smaller than most King rooms, but maybe that's because the balcony was a little deeper. We picked up a pizza one night for dinner and I sat in bed and ate it and my husband sat in the one chair in the bedroom. Some people may not like this, but we were fine with it.
As for the rest of the hotel, there is an exercise room on the second floor with a glassed front looking out over Ocean Drive. There is also a balcony on the front of the hotel on the 3rd floor where you can play shuffleboard, chess or checkers. The pool, lazy river and hot tub are indoors on the ground floor of the hotel (it has glass doors all across the back that they open up in warmer weather. The pool and lazy river is not very large and appeared a little crowded during the times that we walked through. There is also a Starbucks on the ground floor of the hotel. As for location, it is just a little south of the new Sky Wheel and within easy walking distance along the new beautiful boardwalk that runs behind the hotel or along the beach.
The parking garage is across the street and behind an older motel, but the positive thing is that it is locked and you must have your room key to access it. This was a plus for us because we didn't have to worry about our car.
We had a great time and have already made reservations here for April.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc