“First and last time”

Ranked #34 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
“First and last time”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My boyfriend and I just came back last Sunday, we were very disappointed. The hotel looks good online but the room (ocean view) was tiny, we only had 1 chair other than the bed and the furniture and room looked sort of gross, the bedspread and rug looked old. We made the best of it but the elevators are frustratingly slow. One evening a family checked in around 12:45 am slamming doors and making a huge raucous, after 3 phone calls they finally sent over security to quiet them. One staff member knocked on our door to verify we were the complaining party (not a smart move leaving us as targets) we changed rooms in the morning. We lost sleep that night, very upsetting on vacation. The indoor pools look gross also, please reconsider staying here, go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ana1016
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
I would like to apologize that your stay was not as good as you were expecting. I certainly would like the opportunity to have you as our guest again so that we can show you that this is not a typical stay at Bay View Resort. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss your recent experience and options of having you as a guest at Bay View again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom ocean front unit (family of 6 - kids ages 5 to 16) . The rooms were spacious and the view was great however when we arrived, we found our room had not had the trash emptied (think rotting food smell mixed with spilled beer!), we did not have shower curtains and only had a few towels. They sent housekeeping right away and they eventually fixed the problems. During our 5 night stay, we found housekeeping to be very inconsistent. For example, we had to call daily for kitchen dish towels and wash cloths. If you wanted coffee, you had to go to the front desk and ask....again daily. Although there was a kitchen, they did not even provide pot holders to remove our dinner from the oven! The elevators were incredibly slow. Sometimes you would have to wait 15 minutes for an elevator. The pool, hot tub and lazy river were enjoyable but they were very small and did get crowded. Our kids did enjoy the outdoor spray pad. The location being directly on the boardwalk was great - an easy walk to anything. Overall, we have stayed at far nicer places on the beach here for the same price. We would not come back.....too inconsistent with housekeeping. I should not have to call them daily for just the basics and we felt like we spent half our time waiting for the elevators!

Room Tip: Pick a lower floor so you can use the stairs!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank J S
Dear J S,
Thank you for the review and for staying at Bay View Resort. I am sorry to hear that you had some issues with the housekeeping service during your stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these issues further, and see what we could do to get you back to Bay View and show you that that was not a typical stay.
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife and toddler in the sunset, one bedroom. Room was clean upon arrival, washer/dryer was nice to have as was the kitchen. Bathroom was spacious and clean as was the bedroom. Pull out couch was paper thin as were the pillows-so bring your own as we did. Staff were friendly and helpful, pool area wasnt bad, geared more towards younger children then teens and adults. Lounge area outside was nice, and the new boardwalk was great. Parking garage across the street is more of a plus than hassle for me as it is well lit and secured by card access.

• Stayed August 2012
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear kheat14,
Thank you for your recent review of Bay View. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your accomodations, and extremely happy to hear you found are staff friendly and helpful. We sincerely hope to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach.
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I just got back from my trip to Myrtle Beach on Sunday. This was my second time staying at the Bay View Resort and once again I had a very pleasant stay here. The rooms are clean, the front desk was very helpful, and the maids always kept our room stocked with towels and the room looking spotless. The one problem I have had with both of my stays here is the elevators. The elevators here are extremely slow, which makes everyone on each floor press the button for all three elevators, which then causes each elevator to stop on almost every floor. I highly advise that if and when you stay here you check out at least an hour before you are supposed to, otherwise you will be waiting in line for the elevator forever. I made the mistake of using the elevators during check out once and after that used the stairs every single time. I did however stay on the 14th floor so I definitely got a good workout going up and down the stairs which I didn't mind doing, but then again 14 flights of stairs gets old after awhile. Anyways I would stay here again, but it would be nice to have the elevators working properly.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Taylor R
Dear Taylor R,
Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to hear that your second stay was as pleasant as the first! I have passed along your praises to housekeeping and the front desk staff. Sorry to hear that you had issues with the elevators during your stay, but please know that we are constantly working to alleviate the wait times.
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Just returned from a 5 night stay at the Bay View. The one bedroom oceanfront condo was beautiful...... roomy, immaculate, with a well-stocked kitchen, washer/dryer and nice balcony. The only negative thing about the condo was that the air conditioning did not work very well. Also, as other reviewers have mentioned, we did not receive housekeeping services one day, and had to call the front desk about it. Oh, and be sure to bring your own pillow. The pillows are lumpy and flat, and should be replaced.
The parking situation is not ideal. You have to park your car in a secured building one block away from the hotel. You have to walk between two rundown motels to a secluded street to reach the building. It is fine during the day, but I was not very comfortable walking there late at night with my daughter.
The elevators are slow, and skip floors even when the button is pushed correctly. You may wind up waiting a long time to get an elevator. Not really a big deal, but it did get annoying after several days.
The most disappointing thing for me was the pool area. The resort does not have an outdoor pool. It has an extremely small indoor pool, with cloudy, smelly water! (I had read this on Trip Advisor before booking the trip, but was hopeful it wasn't so bad. Well, it was "so bad".) I went in the pool for a few minutes the first day, and never returned. The water never looked clean and the pool area had a horrible odor. The lounge chairs out on the lawn are nice, and the beach is steps away, but if you enjoy cooling off in a nice pool, this is not the place for you.
I got a great price when I booked this vacation through an internet booking service. Because of the discounted price, I was much more tolerant. If I had paid full price, I would be very dissatisfied. I will not return.

Room Tip: Recommend an oceanfront condo on a high floor. Beautiful view... less noise. It's great to ha...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bonnie830
Dear Bonnie830, Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at Bay View. Great to hear that you enjoyed your accomodations! I am sorry to hear that housekeeping missed you one day, but I trust that a call to our guest services rectified that situation. We certainly agree that some of the other buildings in the vicinity could use a little TLC, but we do provide a complimentary shuttle to and from our parking deck 24 hours a day. Sorry to hear you didn't care for the pool facilities, but happily, it sounds as if you enjoyed the lawn and the beach. Again, thank you for your review, and we would love to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach.
Danville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have stayed at the BayView several times and the staff are always very helpful and friendly. Room Service is prompt. The rooms are clean and spacious. You are within walking distance of the main strip and I find it to be the best hotel in Myrtle Beach, SC. The elevators are a little slow and it needs an outdoor pool but it does offer an inside pool and lazy river which is really nice and clean. I plan to visit again very soon.

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms are just as nice as the oceanfront.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear Cindy D,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. We are pleased to hear that you find our staff friendly and helpful, and that you enjoy the location and pool area. We hope to have you back very soon as well.
Embrun, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We have been to Myrtle Beach 4 times now- This describes our first two month stay at Bayview this winter. We arrived on Feb. 1st in the evening. We were quickly and efficiently checked in by a warm and friendly receptionist. We booked unit D, a corner 2 bedroom suite with an awesome view. We had asked for an upper floor and were assigned the 17th-(1703) what service! We love this unit! It is spacious with floor to ceiling windows, two balconies, three TVs, two huge bathrooms, lots of storage, very large well equipped kitchen, comfortable beds, king in one room and two doubles in the other, washer/dryer, all in all, a perfect unit. It also was very clean upon arrival. The hotel is situated on the Boardwalk, close to the Skywheel and lots of restaurants and shops. We received full maid service weekly and daily towel and trash service. Two weeks in our stay, the unit received a new matching sofa and chair. Very appreciated.The hotel is in the process of replacing sofas. There is not much else to be improved in this unit. Just lovely...
Upon arrival, the night manager Chris quickly came up to help us set up our internet. We so appreciated this service. Minor maintenance issues were very quickly remedied. The pool and hot tub were clean and perfect temperature. The grounds are very well kept. Staff were continuously updating and cleaning the resort. Parking is a little walk away in a secure parking garage.We sometimes had problems with the garage keys. An issue which needs looking into. We had no problems with the elevators except for a few times when unsupervised kids were punching all floor numbers..... We were very happy with our decision to come here for our long term vacation. The staff (Jessica, Steve, Gene, Tracy and Chris and all other staff members) is very professional, kind and helpful. We highly recommend Bayview to all and we WILL RETURN. Yes we have already booked for next year.
PS.Our only negative issue: (Not to do with the hotel) SOME of the guests are really annoying, getting in the pools fully clothed, covered with sand, leaving wet towels and beer cans everywhere and not monitoring very loud screaming children (and some parents too).
Manners and respect for other guests???? KUDOS to the staff who patiently deal with this.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple