“Decent value”

Ranked #36 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Decent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed a week for school vac in April, using Hotwire for an ocean view room ($48). We got there and I read reviews after the fact as HW doesn't tell you where you're going till after you book and pay. I was leary about some negative reviews, but the place was paid for and the rate cheap enough that if it was NG, we could just take the hit and leave.

We were pleasantly surprised and found that a mere $20 upgrade gave us ocean view suite with full kitchen, this unit for a total of $68 a night was great. Yeah, the shower did drain slow, and yes the parking lot was a little hike, but for this price on the ocean in a clean place it was easy to take.

Also concerned about area security and spoke to several MB cops on the BW. Always there in day and visible, they advised to keep to BW area, avoid side streets, especially at night and it would be fine. Did same and all was fine. Couple of pan handlers on beach who left with stern "no" or simple eye contact avoidance.

I've been to ocean front hotels up and down east coast from FL to ME and this was the best value that I remember.

Room Tip: Per Tripadvisor suggestions we stayed on 2nd floor to use stairs and avoid elevators, this worked gr...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SPCAT
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear SPCAT,
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear you had a good time and found great value in our resort. Very happy that our staff was able to get you an upgrade for a nominal fee, and that you found the accomodations clean and to your liking. We do hope that you'll come stay with us on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

was there last year in may , and this year (12) in september both time was Great , and i love the 9th floor ocean front view. friendly staff , also. cant wait for my next visit !! verry clean bathrooms, and great ocean views ! thanks bay view !!

Room Tip: 9th floor is lovely :)
1 Thank richierichards8
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear richierichards8,
Thank for writing a review about your stays at Bay View Resort. It is wonderful to hear that you are a return guest, and that we keep delivering the cleanliness and service you deserve on vacation. We too, can't wait for your return, and we do hope that it will be soon.
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Haven't stayed here in a few years and probably won't make an effort to return. We picked it because we had a short notice trip and they had a good discount on a 1 room condo. Bathroom had many hairs in the tub, sink, and floor. Bed frame stuck out with sharp edges. Kitchen and living room was very clean. Broken elevator in parking.

Room Tip: Limit valuables. Safes are really small. Won't hold a purse and another item. Staff was very eff...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear fmattship,
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at Bay View resort. We like to use reviews both good and bad in our constant effort to improve. I have spoken with housekeeping management regarding your bathroom upon checkin, and with maintenance regarding the bed frame. I do hope that the issues you mentioned would not prevent you from returning in the future.
Thomasville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

Booked through the hotel's web and got the fall discount... great price. Nice view from my hotel room which was ocean front on the 14th floor. I didn't need an outdoor pool since we were so close to the ocean so just having an indoor one was great. Checking in and out was easy. Prior reviews complained about the elevator. They were a little slow and sometimes skipped our floor which was weird but not enough for me to complain about. Housekeeping was daily. My only two issues were 1. housekeeping took away our used cups but never replenished them. No real biggie. 2. My immediate hotel neighbor seemed to be abusive to his family including yelling and cursing at them A LOT. He even hit someone around 5:30 am this morning. We only heard when he was yelling at them which was often. I know that's not the hotel's fault but bugged us to no end. We never heard our other immediate neighbors so I don't think the issue was the walls being too thin. I would go back and want to be on a high floor for the great view.

Room Tip: Higher floors for oceanfront have great views. Oceanview rooms had small balconies.
Dear TSR108,
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Bay View Resort. I am glad to hear you had a good time, and found the accomodations to your liking. I am dismayed about your mention of your immediate neighbor. We do have a loss prevention officer on duty twenty four hours a day to help in situations like the one you described. We can also move your room if the current one is not to your liking. We are pleased to hear that you would return for another visit and hope that you do so soon as the weather stays nice and you can have the beach to yourself this time of year!
Columbia, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

I booked through Travelocity, and I asked for specific amenities..... Water slides for my son and an outdoor AND Indoor Pool, just in case it rained. I love being "AT" the Ocean, but not a big fan of being "IN" the ocean..... However THERE IS NO OUTDOOR POOL at this resort, and NO water slides... I am a little disappointed by the "Kid Activities" they consist of a "sprinkler"( BUT... that is a TRAVELOCITY REP ERROR) The resort itself is "OK" we got a "Condo" Oceanview 2 queen size beds and a sleeper sofa... All in all the room was surface cleaned ( I own a residential cleaning company so I am VERY PICKY) it does need some " Special Attention" to the details and DEEP CLEANED but for the most part it was acceptable. The pillows are "travel size" so if you like big fluffy pillows, bring your own. You CANNOT set your own room temperature below 69 in ANY of the rooms at this resort which upset me because I like it very cold in my room..... They did have a fan in the closet, and when I turned it on, it blew dust bunnies all over the room! The decor is outdated.... The elevators are VERY, VERY SLOW, and HOT... they are NOT air conditioned at all! The ice machines are located on floors 4 & 12 which is more than a little inconvenient.. I was pleasantly surprised to find that we did have a washer & dryer in our room which was very nice.... The parking is a block away which when raining was a bit of a pain... It would have been nice to have a Valet..... I am undecided about staying here again, BUT I did call Travelocity and they were VERY ARGUMENTATIVE AND UNHELPFUL in resolving the issue that THEIR Rep created by advising me this resort had all the amenities I had requested.....While not the worst place I have , I feel it is a bit "Pricey" for what I recieved, as there is NOTHING that jumps out to make this any more than a " just average" place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Dawn W
Dear Dawn W, Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor. We utilize every review good and bad in an effort to improve upon our resort. First let me apologize for the misinformation provided by Travelocity. I have reviewed the website and it is accurate, but unfortunately I can't replicate what you were told over the phone. I did pass your comments along to housekeeping, but you'll be pleased to know that our "winter cleans" will be starting next month, and each and every unit will be deep cleaned prior to our next busy season. Sorry to hear that you weren't able to utilize our shuttle to and from the garage during the rain. We do hope that you'll stay with us again so that we can show you a better stay.
Barre, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

I just got back from another year at the Bayview we spent 10 great days there and had great service and all the staff were great, Jessica on the front desk even remembered me from last year and even my name thats pretty good. The Bayview is in a great location easy to get everywhere you want to go eithier by walking or by car. Plenty of room in the rooms clean and well keeped. I would like to see an outside pool if they could. but I will be back next year for another great time . Thanks Again

Room Tip: I would get a ocean front condo a one bedroom
1 Thank tjforty
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear tjforty,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review. It is one of the many places we gather information from our guests and use it to better ourselves for future guests. Glad to hear you enjoyed outstanding service from our staff and I'll be passing along your kind words to all, but especially Jessica. We too believe we are in a convenient location, and we are happy that you found the room to your liking. We can't wait to be your destination next year!
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is the second time we've stayed here. The room was great, it had a separate bedroom with balcony from the family room which had it's own balcony. Large, fully furnished kitchen. The fridge (full size, like everything else) had a working ice maker which came in handy. We never waited for more than 3 minutes for an elevator. The pool and lazy river are quite small, but the beach is what we came for. You are in walking distance to the Boardwalk which gives you several dining choices and activities.

Room Tip: If it says ocean view, it probably isn't ocean front, but you will probably get 2 separate balco...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Dear TDW2002,

Thank you for posting a review on tripadvisor. Glad to hear you enjoyed the accomodations on your second stay with us. Sorry to hear you found our pool facilities smallish, but as you said, you have the ocean a mere steps away. We certainly hope to host your next stay in Myrtle Beach.