“Great amenities and awesome location!”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #34 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great amenities and awesome location!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We stayed here because I ran the myrtle beach half marathon. The location to the finish line and boardwalk were incredible! We hated to leave. The shuffle board and corn hole games were our favorites! Also, we stopped by the Starbucks at least once a day! The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back again next year!

• Stayed October 2012
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Dear Hbow619,

Thank you very much for posting a review on your time with us here at Bay View. We are thrilled to hear about your great stay and that the location was excellent and what you were hoping for. We are also very happy that you enjoyed our amenities and that the staff was able to make an impact on your stay. We hope that you do continue to choose Bay View for all of your visits to the Myrtle Beach and we have the chance to host you and yours once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I love going to Myrtle Beach, especially when its off season. :) That way you have all the sights to see, the beautiful ocean and less crowds. When we arrived at night, the first thing I did was open the balcony and just inhaled the sounds of the ocean. I loved it. We were offered an Upgrade, which I took and the room was just gorgeous. I slept with the patio door open, just to hear the ocean. I took pictures from the balcony every morning and every morning the view was magnificent. I had not previously stayed at the BAY VIEW on the BOARDWALK but I would stay again. The staff were wonderful and always helpful. I wish I had been able to stay longer and next time I will plan to stay longer. LOVED it. The location was perfect, almost exactly the same distance from each of the piers (PIER 2 and PIER 14) and actually saw someone catch a Blowfish. That was the highlight of the day. Truly a great place to stay. THe pillows were the only drawback. They were tiny, Next time I will bring my own. LOL

Room Tip: Make sure you get the Oceanfront view and I loved the view from the 11th floor where I was. The air...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Gequita R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your stay with us here at Bay View. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our spacious one bedroom condos as well as our fantastic location. We look forward to having you back as our guest again in the future and like you we hope you have the opportunity to stay longer.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed 10/20 - 10/22 for the Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon. Very convenient to the finish line, the night life and the beach. Our room was a beach front king with a room that seemed small. The room was clean, had a small bar sink, coffee maker but no coffee, a microwave and a dorm fridge. Our bed had 3 very small pillows, a top and bottom sheet, no blanket and a cheap comforter. The towels were low quality and very small.

At 4:30am, some clown was out on the boardwalk just outside our room with a leaf blower blowing the sand off the concrete from one end to the other. Seriously, 4:30am? Where patrons pay extra for beach front rooms and sleep with sliding doors open to enjoy the fresh air and sounds of the ocean.

By sometime after 3pm on Sunday after returning to our room, we discovered room service still had not been there. After spending our first night sleeping with just a top sheet (because I can't imagine using the comforter as a blanket) we called down for another pillow, blanket and coffee. It was explained to us that because there is a Starbucks in the "resort", they cannot put coffee in the rooms. Then why a coffee pot? Room service brought the items we asked for but never attended to our room. The staff we encountered were certainly friendly but when I think of a place that calls theirself a resort, I expect a little extra, a little higher-end then a Motel 6 or other roadside room with a bed and cheap linens.

Also of note. Parking is off property and a block and a half away. Free but a walk through a run down closed motel across two streets.

I will stay here again but would probably investigate an ocean view room with a queen because I think they are a bit more spacious and I would insist on room service.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Pozharnik
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Dear P. Jewett,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your previous stay with us. We are very happy that overall you had an excellent time while with us, however I do want to apologize about the inconveniences you had experienced while staying with us. What you were told is correct; we don’t place coffee inside the rooms due to our partnership with Starbucks but if requested we do have it on hand at the desk. We also have extra blankets for guests available upon request at any time. I do hope that you give us another chance, for your next stay so we can get you in one of our very spacious one bedroom condos which I think would be an excellent fit for you and yours.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I just returned from my fourth (4th), Bay View on the Boardwalk, stay this year starting in April. Each time I left, the pleasant memories I had from my previous trips seduced me into a speedy return. The location is superb...right smack dab in a location that gives you nearby access to many of Myrtle Beach's attractions.

The grounds are well manicured and kept, and the beautiful flowery landscaping attracts very pretty butterflies that flirt with you as if they are going to land on you, yet skitter away. If you don't fancy walking down to the beach, you can enjoy a leisurely sun bath in the available lounging chairs on the patio, or on the grassy lawn area.

The rooms are good, and housekeeping is conscientious. Yes, the pillows are soft, but I remedied that by packing my own pillow. It's nice to have safe in your room to safeguard your valuables.

On my last trip I discovered how to use the local bus transportation, Intra Costal, {picks you up, and drops you off right outside the hotel} and saved BIG bucks on transportation. This was a fantastic find. Boy was I all over the place on that bus.

Although I did not have the occasion to communicate with the front desk much, the few times I did call I found the customer service to be superb. Questions were answered promptly and necessary actions were taken expediently.

I'm aleady looking forward to my next trip, and it's almost certain that I will be staying at Bay View on the Boardwalk. Bay View gave me a "lot of bang for my bucks."

Room Tip: I prefer a room ocean side somewhere in the middle of the building. The view is excellent from this...
1 Thank debra937
Dear debra937,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear of your great trip; we rely very heavily on word of mouth and repeat guests so we can’t thank you enough for your continued support and patronage. We all look forward to having you back for trip number five and having the opportunity to have you back as our guest.
Boston
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Stayed at the Bay View 5th thru 12th Oct staff at check in Friendly. Our housekeeper was also very nice on the 10th floor .. We stayed on ocean front room was small next time we will book a suite .. Great location on the boardwalk .. Great vacation. I wish they would use better pillows they were very poor quality and lumpy. .. Overall a very good choice Would return to the bay view .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
BayviewManagement, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Dear Bostonliz55,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us here at Bay View. I am very happy to hear that the staff was able to make a fantastic impression on you and yours and we look forward to hosting you and yours again in the future.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Bay View has a decent location on the water but the surrounding area is a little scary. Reminds me of north Vegas. The pools are inside and are small. We came in off season and the pools were packed. I can only imagine what its like in the middle of summer.

Dear MissKatieDi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I want to assure you that while the surrounding area is a bit older than we are, it is a very safe and secure area. I hope that you do decide to stay with us again in the future and that we have the opportunity to have you back as our guests.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We booked a 3 day stay at bayview resort. When we reached here, si ce we have 2 young kids, we decided to upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite to make it easy for everybody to get ready in morning and be able to sleep properly. However we found that at night even though the heat/ ac unit was off it was still blowing cold air. We have 2 young kids. When I called and complained about it, they said that the maintenance man was not there for the night and they will let him know of it in morning. Since my kids were asleep, I didnt want to move so I asked for some blankets. The next day nobody came up to check e unit so I called them again and the maintenance personnel came and said he fixed it. After a long day at he beach today we had the same problem and called them again below when they said the units in a and b unit are controlled by one controller so it will alternate cold and heat depending what the other unit was set yet. They had not mentioned about this to us in the beginning when we asked for an upgrade and charges a good amount of money for that. They said that they could not do anything about this and can send more blankets. Please check all details before you change or upgrade. We are leaving tomm, but if I had known of this earlier would have checked out o a different hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room where nobody else is sharing the next room
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Perry M
Dear Perry M,

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that we weren't able to make your stay more comfortable while you were with us. What the staff told you regarding the A/C unit is correct and that one central unit controls both the A and B portions but it shouldn't affect the ability for one side to be warmer or cooler than the other. I hope that you give us another chance to show you how great a stay can be and make this previous stay up to you. We do have stand-alone two bedrooms that have full control of the thermostat that I think would be an excellent fit for you and your family. I look forward to speaking with you soon and having the opportunity to host you and yours once again.