Bay View on the Boardwalk
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$73
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$96
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$52
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$99
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$78
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$81
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$205
US$177
2,315 results
All reviewsbayview resortparking garageocean frontlazy riveracross the streetpool areafull kitchenbedroom condowasher and dryerhot tubroom keysky wheelboard walkgranite countertopsfree dvd rentalschecking inoff season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This was our second trip to Bay View. The rooms are fantastic. I love the layout. I had read reviews about rooms being small and was confused as we have always thought they were huge. This time we rented a two bedroom condo. The condo consisted of a one bedroom suite and a second standard ocean front room with a connector door. The standard room would have been small by itself. The staff was friendly. Parking is not in the best area of town. Elevators are slow. The street side neighborhood is not the best but the beach side is the exact location I wanted. I love being able to walk the boardwalk to restaurants and shops. Four star because there is no easy beach access after the pool closes, you have two walk around the hotel!

Room Tip: Get a suite!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
BayViewMOD, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear writenamehere,
Thank you for choosing Bay View and taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear that your room was fantastic and you enjoyed your the wonderful ocenafront view. We look forward to your return trip to Bay View.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We rented a 3 bedroom suite overlooking the water and it was beautiful. Rooms were very clean, staff was excellent. We had a few minor issues with the room and the response to repair the issues was within 5 minutes. First - the safe got jammed (my fault - I put way to much in there), second, one of the bathroom switches was loose. I made the call to the front desk and within 5 minutes someone was there to fix the issues. We had 7 people and there was plenty of room for everyone. The living room was huge, kitchen had just about everything you need. There were some different type pots and cooking utensils that could have been included in the kitchen set up but I managed. It was in a perfect spot for the kids and grandkids to walk the boardwalk. There was an indoor pool with lazy river which we were in alot, but we liked to be outside. They did have outside sprinklers which were enjoyable but I do wish there was an outdoor pool as well as the indoor pool.

Room Tip: We had the three bedroom suite on the corner of the hotel right on the beach. I loved the way it was set up. We walked to the end of the corridor, unlocked our door, stepped into a hallway and there were two doors - one led to one bedroom and bathroom, the other led to the two bedrooms, kitchen, living, 2 bathrooms. Each bedroom had a balcony and the living room had a large balcony that was great to sit on in the morning and watch the sun come up.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
BayViewMOD, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear PeggyD05,
Thank you for staying at Bay View and writing a review. We are pleased to hear that staff responded quickly to any oncerns you may have had during your stay and also that overall you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return trip to Bay View!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I'm convinced that some of the bad reviews are coming from competing area hotels. The hotel was BEAUTIFUL, clean, spacious, the staff was friendly, and check-in was quick! We had a 1 bedroom condo with a kitchen, living room area, two TV's, washer/dryer, huge bathroom, etc. The only problem...it's not in the best area. I don't have any children, so a pool and a lazy river were not a necessity. Some of those area hotels are infested with drug addicts and alcoholics. If you go during the summer, make sure you get an oceanfront (to avoid the noise from the surrounding crack hotels). The parking lot is next to one of the crack hotels that I speak of. Also, if you have children, you may not feel comfortable walking across the street from the parking lot at night. We once saw the police on scene across the street. So basically, beautiful hotel, horrible location. If they bulldoze the other ones down, the location would be perfect, but I doubt that would happen.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Aaron N, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear Happy4Life2013,
Thank you for choosing Bay View and leaving a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the room and the service you received while staying with us. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We recently took our annual trip to the beach. For the past several years we have stayed a Bay View Resort on the Boardwalk because we like the location and we enjoy the Boardwalk area. It’s nice to be able to walk to so many restaurants, bars and piers.

The hotel has recently replaced some of their outside furniture and it looks nice. As usual the rooms and common areas were very clean. The staff is friendly. As others have mentioned in some of their posts, the elevators are slow so after years of staying here we are us to this. We stay on the lower floors so we can take the stairs.

I did have an incident one morning with an employee of the housekeeping staff. I was in the condo by myself and I was in the bath and I did not hear housekeeping knock on the main door. Once she entered our room she did not check to see that the unit was empty before she started cleaning. The bathroom door WAS SHUT, light and vent were on in the bathroom and she did NOT knock on the door before she entered to find me standing in the tub drying off. I was upset that she did not knock before entering a CLOSED BATHROOM DOOR! She proceeded to back out of the bathroom and said “sorry, I will make your bed”. Then I realized my clothes were in the bedroom where she was making my bed.

Two things...she should have knocked on a CLOSED bathroom door before EVER entering and once she realized I was there she should have left the unit and said she would come back later!

I did report this to management and they did investigate the incident and talked to the employee on what she did wrong and hopefully this will not happen again to another guest. More than being embarrassed it was scary to have someone walk in on you in this condition, especially when the day before it was a male employee that cleaned our room.

Lesson learned here is to always put the deadbolt on the door before I getting in the bath/shower when I am in a hotel room all alone!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
BayViewMOD, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2013

Dear PGibson61,
Thank you for returning to Bay View. We are very sorry for the incident that occured during your stay. We have taken the neccessary steps to correct this issue and ensure it does not happen again. We understand this must have been embarassing and we sincerely appologize for the mistake. We hope you will contnue to return to Bay View.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Booked a room from website and was very amazed at the price to begin with, I even chatted to an agent and called to confirm what I was reading was real! Took advantage of the Sunday saver package and got the 2 bedroom condo - awesome room! Was put on 14th floor and what a view! I had read previous reviews online and in reference to elevator wait times - we found this congestion really only occurred at check in/check out times other than that we always got one in less than 5 mins. Great walking distance to everything! As far as the complaints on the pool, um, you are at the beach! People don't go on vacation just to hang out at the pool, especially with the beach 900 yards from the back door. We enjoyed the " tiny" pools immensely! And the lazy river was enjoyable. Free DVD rentals daily? Thank you! I would highly recommend this hotel to family and friends and am most certainly going to return! Thanks for an awesome stay, bay view!

• Stayed: August 2013
Aaron N, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Mom2chase,
Thank you choosing Bay View and taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you took advantage of our Sunday Super Saver and found it to be a great value. We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your oceanfornt condo and our resort overall. Thanks again for the 5 star review and we hope to see you again soon!