“Awesome hotel!!”

Ranked #35 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Manchestet nh
“Awesome hotel!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The hotel itself is awesome. Location, value, staff - all top grades. However, our room was basically ignored our entire trip by housekeeping. Had to call twice for towels, only had our beds made and trash emptied after first night and had to dump our huge pile of wet towels on the hallway floor on our third nite (per the guy who brought us clean towels)... If I weren't a clean person by nature (hands and knees to clear crumbs left by the kids, making beds etc) the place surely would have been a pit by check out day. The room started off very clean though and I'm sure if housekeeping regularly visited the room it would have been awesome. I would have given bayview 5 stars in service and overall score if it weren't for poor housekeeping services.

• Stayed May 2014
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

I sincerely apologize for the poor housekeeping experience. We recently discovered a glitch in the software we use, which caused us to miss scheduled housekeeping services for random rooms. We have since identified and corrected the error and we are confident that it will not become a reoccurring issue.

I hope that this set back does not prevent you from staying at Bay View Resort in the future. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I love staying here. We always get an oceanfront king room. The room is small but we don't mind
We love the balcony and the view. Having the boardwalk right there is one of our favorite parts. Housekeeping did a terrible job after the first night...The bed wasn't made nicely, our sink was dirty and looked like they didn't care...we even left a tip that they didn't take. After the second day we left a note and the room was much cleaner. Management may want to retrain their housekeeping team. Starbucks down stairs was nice to have but they had almost no pastries which I found odd. We had a great time though and do plan on returning.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank littlemisschef8
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

I apologize for the poor housekeeping service during your stay. I have reviewed your comments with our Director of Housekeeping and we will do everything necessary to ensure this does not happen again. I'm happy you were able to enjoy the resort and it's location, despite this disappointment.

Thank you again, and we look forward to your return!

Vass, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I know you can't expect too much of the high rises on the beach. They shuffle people in and out like cattle but this hotel was horrible. From the arrival where there was no room to pull in and load bags (had to schelp them a long way), no one to help get in the door, check in girl being inept and the 20 to 25 minute wait for the elevator EVERY TIME we wanted to go up or down, this was a nightmare. The lazy river was too small for a mouse, the pool water was always a nasty color and had things floating in it, everything smelled of old smoke or some other smell we couldn't identify, and upon check in and turning down my bed, there was a long, black hair on my pillow. All in all this was definitely one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in and I certainly won't do it again. ICK!

7 Thank jphandsel
BVMGR, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely apologize for your poor experience. As you can see from the other reviews listed, this is not typical of our resort. We are currently hiring additional staff to assist with the flow of traffic in our loading zone, as well as shuttling guests to and from our parking garage. Also, we have a project scheduled for the middle of September to add an additional elevator to our building.

I hope that you would consider giving Bay View on the Boardwalk another chance, especially after the completion of our upcoming renovations. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Was very impressed!! This was my first time staying here and it was wonderful! Only complaint is that i wasn't informed of the security deposit before my arrival!!! Otherwise my stay was GREAT!!!! Loved it

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank irahsgurl09
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

It's rewarding to know that you found your first visit to Bay View to be so impressive. We work tirelessly to guarantee our guests' satisfaction. I apologize for the lack of communication regarding our security deposit. If paying with cash at check-in, we do require a $100.00 security deposit for incidentals, which can be returned to you upon check-out.

I'm happy this did not ruin your overall experience. We hope to see you again very soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Had a great first trip to myrtle beach, the view from our balcony was awesome. The room and cleaning staff were great. The area is close to the boardwalk sky wheel and stores. Could use a snack shop or grill onsite besides the Starbucks. Thankful you need key card for garage because area is not to welcoming after dark. Overall great time.

Room Tip: Ocean view balcony the best
1 Thank Toesinthesand285
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We are pleased to know that we were able to make your first trip to Myrtle Beach such a great experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I spent some time with friends in Myrtle Beach at the end of March. We wanted to be somewhere close to the boardwalk without being too close to the boardwalk. Bay View was an okay choice. The room was nice, clean and had everything we needed. The price was excellent for the time of year - we priced several hotels and this one was the best value for the amenities offered.
The indoor pool area had a very over chlorinated smell, but all of the doors and windows were shut so there was no real ventilation. We didn't swim, just walked through on our way to outside.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review for Bay View on the Boardwalk!

Unfortunately, like most resorts with indoor water features, there is a delicate balance between maintaining warmth in the winter months while still sufficiently venting the odor associated with the chlorinated pools. I'm happy that this did not ruin your overall experience.

We look forward to serving you during your next visit!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed for a long weekend, booked a suite which was in the top floor. Great morning view of the beach and sunrise from our balcony. Rooms were fairly spacious. Beds were a little on the hard side. Walls between rooms are very thin, could hear knocking and noise from the families on either side at all times of day and night. Elevators were pretty scary, and VERY slow. During peak season it must be horrible. There are only 3 elevators for 20 floors. Everyone gets tired of waiting for them and pushes the buttons for each elevator in hopes to shorten the wait, but they are all separately programmed, so you end up stopping at every floor with no one waiting any longer. Very annoying and time consuming. Elevators seemed very old and noisy.

Lazy river is very small & usually overrun with children, not a place to go to relax. Plenty of lounge chairs with and space outside to relax.

Place has definitely seen better days, it's old and rickety, but they do offer a great view right on the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Top floor suites on beach side offer great view, but you'll end up waiting longer for the elevat...
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We apologize that the resort did not meet your expectations. We are fully aware of the issue associated with the elevators. We have already received approval to build a fourth elevator and construction will begin in September of this year! While the entire resort was just constructed in 2007, it is our goal to keep the resort competitive and up-to-date by upgrading or replacing the furnishings and amenities as needed.

I hope that you consider giving Bay View on the Boardwalk another opportunity to be your beach holiday destination, especially following the completion of our renovations! If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.