“Myrtle Beach”

Ranked #35 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond, Missouri
“Myrtle Beach”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have vacationed in Myrtle Beach for 10 years, and stayed at Bay View the last 2 years, and glad we found them. The service, facilities, and location are excellent. The staff is very accommodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the third or fourth floor, so the days the elevators run slow you can take the stai...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We appreciate your loyalty over the last two years. It is our goal to be the number one resort on the Grand Strand!

We look forward to serving you during your next stay.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Bay View Inn for a two night stay. There were five people in our party. The hotel is clean and in a great location, with easy walking access to two piers and downtown Myrtle Beach. We were on the 17th floor and had an amazing view. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We did have problems with the keys, with all of us needing keys reprogrammed at one time or another. We were individually all stuck outside the room in the hallway when our keys failed after being reprogrammed from a previous failure. Speaking to staff there confirmed that this was a common problem. We wound up getting extra keys programmed so we would have an extra when the inevitable failure occurred. We did experience the elevator issues that everyone else wrote about but the hotel is installing a fourth one so that's being taken care of. The check-in driveway is always packed; this needs to be addressed as there were cars backed up in the street waiting at checkout time, we had to wheel our luggage to the parking deck a block away to avoid a long wait. Knowing these issues, and also how to get around them, we would still stay there again and plan to in the future.

Room Tip: We had a great view from the 17th floor.
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

Thank you for choosing Bay View Resort for your short beach getaway. As you are aware, the keys that we use are a plastic card with a magnetic strip. Unfortunately, these are sensitive to many electronic devices and storing them near cell phones, magnetic money clips or other such items can easily deactivate them. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused your family.

We're happy you were able to enjoy the resort and it's location, despite these issues. We look forward to serving you during your next stay.

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was a great place to stay. the pool area was nice, we walked to the boardwalk area, and the beach was right out of the back door. The room was nice. we had a queen bed in a bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. Everything was perfect, except the elevator situation. we were on the 10th floor. we felt like we hit the lottery when we got an elevator going up OR down in less that 15 minutes of waiting. On the day of checkout, we waiting for an elevator for 45 longgggggg minutes. every one that actually stopped on our floor was packed with people and carts from wall to wall because it would go all the way up and stop on every floor coming down and it was just full by the time the doors actually opened for us. everyone we ran into complained and joked about the elevator situation. they are in the process of adding another elevator but just adding one more will NOT resolve this issue when it's super busy. overall my stay was great and i will stay here again should i visit myrtle beach again. I would recommend this place to friends.

Room Tip: if you can get on a first level or lower level floor, go for it!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely apologize for your experience with our elevators. As you know, we have received approval to construct a fourth elevator to alleviate the long waits during peak check-in times. Upon the completion of construction, we will be able to reprogram how the current elevators operate, to be able to service the entire building more efficiently.

I'm happy you were able to enjoy the location and amenities despite this inconvenience. We hope to see you again very soon!

All American City
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here for the weekend. I booked the trip through booking.com web site and that's a different review (they charged fees that I wasn't aware of until later). Anyhow, back to this hotel.
Here are the pros and cons, in no particular order of preference.

Pros:
1. The views were spectacular. I would love to get this same room again. We reserved an OV room and were pleasantly surprised that the room had two balconies! One had a view of the city, and one showed a view of the beach and city. We got to see the sunrise and sunset from the room we had, and it's not very often you get that. It was a corner room. If we stay here again, I would try and get a corner OV room. It is worth it!
2. The room was nice. First off it was clean...a huge plus for me. I was very pleased, and I have very high standards. The bathroom was separate from the bedroom. That could be good or bad. It was just me and my husband, and I would've preferred the bathroom closer to the room. The room had a full kitchen with stove, refrigerator, icemaker, and dishes. The room had a washer and dryer, which is worth it when you come back to the room with those wet towels and bathing suits. ;) You don't have to put them on the balcony to dry. That was a plus! The room also had a safe to store your valuables. The instructions were very easy.
3. The hotel had free DVD rentals...yes I said free and it's not very often anything is free anymore. We rented a movie each night.
4. The hotel has a Starbucks! Well, that's the icing on the cake. You're at the beach, in a nice clean hotel that is convenient to the Boardwalk, Broadway at the Beach, in the very heart of Myrtle Beach, and you have a Starbucks with full service and outdoor seating. Ah, so relaxing.
Cons:
1. The elevators were very slow. The staff and customers use the same elevators. It would be ideal if the staff could use just one of the elevators; I think it would go faster. Although, they have a sign that they're going to add another elevator...right now there are 3...there was no evidence of that beginning.
2. There was no outdoor pool or Jacuzzi.
3. The sofa was very uncomfortable. We brought out blankets and pillows and still found it uncomfortable watching a movie in the living room.
4. The parking deck is across the street and across another hotel, although it is a secure, covered parking deck with elevators.

Well, I also have to say that I usually don't give a 5-rating unless everything is perfect, so a 4 is really good for me. It was the next best thing to a Hilton brand hotel for me. ;) I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sunshine0214
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We're thrilled you found the accommodations to be clean and comfortable. For future reference, all of the Oceanview Rooms are located on the corners of the building, so you will never have make a special request to get this location. As you are aware, we have scheduled the construction of a fourth elevator, and this project will begin in September and last 4-6 months. We believe this will eliminate the wait experienced during peak times. I'm happy this did not ruin your overall experience.

We look forward to serving you during your next stay with us!

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I love this resort. Its ocean front, right on the boardwalk and always clean rooms. Elevators take alittle time but with all the families occupying the resort, thats to be expected. I have stayed here on 2 occasions and will definitely return for another soon! Great vacation!

Room Tip: Sunset View suites are just as nice as oceanfront. I just love this resort, period, any room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty. As you may already be aware, we have received approval to add a fourth elevator. Construction will begin in September and we believe this will have a huge impact on guest satisfaction.

We look forward to your return!

Fayetteville
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have stayed here many times and will definitely be back. This was my first experience that was substandard. I am not the kind of person to complain unless the accomidations the terrible. Thank You!

• Stayed July 2014
Corey S, Manager at Bay View on the Boardwalk, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you for writing a review for Bay View on the Boardwalk.

I sincerely apologize for the substandard experience. We appreciate your loyalty and do not want anything to jeopardize our reputation with your family. If I can provide any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We look forward to your next visit!

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great hotel but some things could have been worked on. Coming from hospitality background, I pay attention to a lot. I came with my god daughter's family and thought a resort would have been the perfect place. Upon arrival the parking deck is about a block away, which is fine, however trying to get your car past the North Ocean Blvd traffic is unbearable. It took my husband 15 minutes to get our car from a block away because he could not turn into traffic.

The historic Myrtle Beach strip was within walking distance which was amazing. The view from our room was great as well. My room had a suite like style and it was clean. The only issue I had in the room was there was no dish detergent for the dishwasher. Nothing too big because Walmart/ Sam's Club was only 4 miles away. The room is updated with modern technology and furniture. I did not see one scratch on any piece of furniture. The hotel staff were extremely nice. The Front Desk were helpful and cheerful. The housekeeper (Bret, I believe that is how you spell his name) was pleasant and made sure we had everything we needed. My god daughter threw up and he changed out sheets with no hesitation. The pool does close at 11 pm and reopen at 9 am for cleaning and thank goodness that is does. The pools are cleaner than most pools I have ever been to. The hot tub was not hot, it was very lukewarm. The hot tub feels much better when you swim in the pool then relax in the hot tub. Vending machines are on every other floor which make the hotel quiet. There is another elevator being installed which is much needed. You will go down the stairs way faster than waiting on the elevator.

The Starbucks staff was far from experienced. They would take forever to make your drinks, and every time I went inside it was dirty. The staff was flirting with guest in the hotel while there were other people waiting in line. They also closed early one night, without explanation and when asked they rolled their eyes and just continued to clean. I did not complain because Mammy's Kitchen was across the street and had great coffee. I just hope that they are employed but the hotel, because that is complete misrepresentation of the hotel.

This resort is ocean front and has a beautiful view. Easy access to the beach. It does get crowded but there was space. I would come again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are in suite format. You would open one door and enter into a hallway with suites. Try to...
1 Thank Karylis H
Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!

We are happy knowing that we made your vacation an overall enjoyable experience. I sincerely apologize for the lack of dishwasher detergent. This is something we provide and should have been present in the room at check-in. Additionally, I apologize for your experience at Starbucks. I will forward your concerns to the respective management for review.

I'm happy your family was able to enjoy the resort and amenities despite these shortcomings. We look forward to serving you during your next vacation!