My husband and I brought my mother-in-law to Myrtle Beach to show her why we love it there so much. We'd booked a condo in Surfside that I'd found on Craig's List but it was a horrible place so we left and looked for something better. Bayview was one of the other places I'd considered and I should have just book Bayview in the first place - it was AWESOME!!!
First, the wonderful person at the front desk, Essie, was very sympathetic about our situation and offered to let us go look at the room before we made our decision to stay there. She also offered us an upgrade, which was greatly appreciated!
Our 4th floor 2 bedroom suite was beyond beautiful! The view was breathtaking and the entire suite was spotless clean. My mother-in-law was so impressed that she immediately called family back home to brag about the room and view. Granite countertops (and lots of them), travertine tile floors, huge bathrooms, and again , the views were amazing!
We didn't use the pool or lazy river, only the hot tub, which was convenient. I've read that people complain that the amenities are small and not many of them like the other large resorts but I liked it because there weren't alot of noisy little kids running all over the place.
There's no restaurant in the hotel but we know where all the good places are in the area. There is a nice oceanfront bar/restaurant next door, Sharkeys, and we had a great dinner there one evening - wings for 15 cents, shrimp for 40 cents and ocean front views. It was a really nice time.
Some people complained about the parking garage being "so far away" but it's really only a short block and no big deal.
Others on here complain about the hotel being in an old part of the beach - yes, there are some older (even closed) hotels around but it didn't affect our stay what-so-ever. And I hate seeing all the old hotels from our past disappearing.
If I had to tell you the only negative thing about the hotel, it would have to be the elevators... they are very slow when the hotel was more occupied on the weekend. I did let them know this and I received an email yesterday telling me they're currently working on that situation and improving the elevator service.
The price at BayView is some of the best rates for an oceanfront room in Myrtle Beach, especially for off season. I would highly recommend BayView to anyone looking for a really nice room/suite with amazing views!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc