“A Must See and Stay!”

Ranked #37 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
winston-salem, nc
“A Must See and Stay!”
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I looked on www.myrtlebeachlive.com for accommodations. I came across the Bay View Rsort. It's 3bdroom display was exactly what we were looking for and price. When we finally arrived, the boys went up to the room as we parked the cars. They came down with awesome all over their faces. I myself, am a frequent visitor of Myrtle Beach and all of the places I've lodged, none can compare to the Bay View resort. The only downfall was an ocassional down elevator which was ok because our rooms were on the 3rd floor and no restaurant. Our suite was awesome. We occupied the entire north corner on the 3rd floor. Has an oversized shuffle/chess board. A must see and saty!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (619)
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My husband and I brought my mother-in-law to Myrtle Beach to show her why we love it there so much. We'd booked a condo in Surfside that I'd found on Craig's List but it was a horrible place so we left and looked for something better. Bayview was one of the other places I'd considered and I should have just book Bayview in the first place - it was AWESOME!!!

First, the wonderful person at the front desk, Essie, was very sympathetic about our situation and offered to let us go look at the room before we made our decision to stay there. She also offered us an upgrade, which was greatly appreciated!

Our 4th floor 2 bedroom suite was beyond beautiful! The view was breathtaking and the entire suite was spotless clean. My mother-in-law was so impressed that she immediately called family back home to brag about the room and view. Granite countertops (and lots of them), travertine tile floors, huge bathrooms, and again , the views were amazing!

We didn't use the pool or lazy river, only the hot tub, which was convenient. I've read that people complain that the amenities are small and not many of them like the other large resorts but I liked it because there weren't alot of noisy little kids running all over the place.

There's no restaurant in the hotel but we know where all the good places are in the area. There is a nice oceanfront bar/restaurant next door, Sharkeys, and we had a great dinner there one evening - wings for 15 cents, shrimp for 40 cents and ocean front views. It was a really nice time.

Some people complained about the parking garage being "so far away" but it's really only a short block and no big deal.

Others on here complain about the hotel being in an old part of the beach - yes, there are some older (even closed) hotels around but it didn't affect our stay what-so-ever. And I hate seeing all the old hotels from our past disappearing.

If I had to tell you the only negative thing about the hotel, it would have to be the elevators... they are very slow when the hotel was more occupied on the weekend. I did let them know this and I received an email yesterday telling me they're currently working on that situation and improving the elevator service.

The price at BayView is some of the best rates for an oceanfront room in Myrtle Beach, especially for off season. I would highly recommend BayView to anyone looking for a really nice room/suite with amazing views!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mari&Terry
High Point NC
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I can't say enough good things about the Bay View...staff was friendly...housekeeping (Kathy) did a great job and very helpful. The room was spectacular. Everything was exactly as described. We have been making an annual trip for "girls weekend" and stay in a different place each time because we hadn't found THE ONE. The Bay View is it. We will be returning again. The parking garage is a block away but felt safe and secure. There is no outdoor pool...not a big problem for us. The elevators were too few and a little slow but no different than any other hotel on the Grand Strand.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
Atlanta
Reviewed 8 October 2009

My husband had a seminar in Myrtle Beach and we decided to bring the entire family (2 month old baby and 3 year old). My requirements (since I would be alone with the kids most of the trip) included a kitchen, seperate bedroom and easy access to the beach. This "resort" does have all three so it served it's purpose but I wasn't very impressed with the hotel overall. The pros about the hotel were - beach access was great, just a few steps aways from the hotel. The room did have a seperate bedroom and a kitchen. The living room/eating area was perfect in that it was big which allowed my 3 year old to move around without getting under my feet the entire time. We also had a balcony that overlooked the beach which was nice. It was; however, right over the area next to the pool so people could see you sitting out on your deck - no privacy at all. Cons about the hotel - I was not at all impressed with the "pool" area. It was indoors and the deck chairs are right outside basically looking into the pool area. It didn't feel like a resort pool at all. (A pro about having the pool area indoors is you don't have to worry about getting sun burnt if you are in the pool.) We were on the second floor and took the stairs as often as possible (which wasn't always easy since we had a stroller for my 2 month old) because the elevators were terrible. The morning we checked out, we had to wait over 20 minutes for an elevator. There are absolutely no frills in the rooms. While there is a kitchen, there were no towels for the kitchen - cloth or paper, or soap for that matter. The resort was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for. Parking was not right next to the resort, you had to go a block or two to the parking garage and then cross a very busy street (without a cross walk in sight) to get back to the resort. Maybe not a big deal if you are alone, but difficult with an infant and 3 year old. No close (decent) resaurants or even fast food. We had to walk several blocks to get to a place that served food and even then it was like eating carnival food.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
sc
Reviewed 29 September 2009

The Bay View Resort was a beautiful and clean hotel. The staff was very friendly. Amber at the front desk and Tracy the bell man were friendly and very helpful during my family's viist there. The hotel was kid friendly and very welcoming. My family thoroughly enjoyed the cleaniness of the rooms and the staff who were very professional and friendly. Way to go Bay View Resort Myrtle Beach, SC! We will return soon.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
maryland
Reviewed 26 September 2009

the elevators do brake down alot but they have 3 running and they fix the problems as soon as u tell them custmer sevrice was great help helped me with any thing i needed i could go on but i won't i can;t wait until next yr

• Stayed September 2009
birmingham,AL
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Tthe recetpionists and workers ar pleasant and helpful . The rooms are cleaned more than we expected . We can find everything we need : restaurants , entertainments , fishing ,shoping ,just few miles away .
We will return to Bay View for sure next year .

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family