“Great Resort for young children”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #38 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 3 November 2009

Our time at Bay View was magical. We stayed in an ocean view suite and the scenery was breathtaking. My two daughters, ages 6 & 7, were in their glory. Between the lazy river and the outdoor sprinklers, they could have easily spent all of their time in the water.
The staff at the Bay View was exceptional. Everyone was happy and pleasant; they seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs. They went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that our stay was a great one.
Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 November 2009

We stayed with our 3-year-old and 2-year-old in a one bedroom oceanfront condo. I would highly recommend getting the ocean view with young children as the non-ocean views aren't much to look at here. The kids loved the lazy river and pool at the resort and it was an easy walk down to the beach. The beach in front of the resort is very nice. Having a kitchen was wonderful so we could eat in if we wanted to do so. The only really negative things we noticed were a broken elevator (1 out of 3) and there was construction of a boardwalk in front of the hotel that made it noisy at times (although my boys thought it was fun watching the diggers). However, we were there during the shoulder season - I doubt they would be doing construction during high season. It is near some open lots so they might be planning on building next to it eventually too.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We just returned from a week's vacation at Bay View Resort. We stayed in one of the ocean front condos and it was beautiful and comfortable. It had all the comforts of home: a full kitchen with ice maker, microwave, full size stove & refrigerator, & wireless internet connection. All of the floors were ceramic tile except for the living area which was carpeted.

We enjoyed the indoor pool area which included a swimming pool, kiddie pool, lazy river and hottub.

Service was great in all areas. Would definitely go back to Bay View Resort.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2009

The place was well priced through Hotels.com saved hundreds on a 5 day and 5 night stay.

Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I looked on www.myrtlebeachlive.com for accommodations. I came across the Bay View Rsort. It's 3bdroom display was exactly what we were looking for and price. When we finally arrived, the boys went up to the room as we parked the cars. They came down with awesome all over their faces. I myself, am a frequent visitor of Myrtle Beach and all of the places I've lodged, none can compare to the Bay View resort. The only downfall was an ocassional down elevator which was ok because our rooms were on the 3rd floor and no restaurant. Our suite was awesome. We occupied the entire north corner on the 3rd floor. Has an oversized shuffle/chess board. A must see and saty!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My husband and I brought my mother-in-law to Myrtle Beach to show her why we love it there so much. We'd booked a condo in Surfside that I'd found on Craig's List but it was a horrible place so we left and looked for something better. Bayview was one of the other places I'd considered and I should have just book Bayview in the first place - it was AWESOME!!!

First, the wonderful person at the front desk, Essie, was very sympathetic about our situation and offered to let us go look at the room before we made our decision to stay there. She also offered us an upgrade, which was greatly appreciated!

Our 4th floor 2 bedroom suite was beyond beautiful! The view was breathtaking and the entire suite was spotless clean. My mother-in-law was so impressed that she immediately called family back home to brag about the room and view. Granite countertops (and lots of them), travertine tile floors, huge bathrooms, and again , the views were amazing!

We didn't use the pool or lazy river, only the hot tub, which was convenient. I've read that people complain that the amenities are small and not many of them like the other large resorts but I liked it because there weren't alot of noisy little kids running all over the place.

There's no restaurant in the hotel but we know where all the good places are in the area. There is a nice oceanfront bar/restaurant next door, Sharkeys, and we had a great dinner there one evening - wings for 15 cents, shrimp for 40 cents and ocean front views. It was a really nice time.

Some people complained about the parking garage being "so far away" but it's really only a short block and no big deal.

Others on here complain about the hotel being in an old part of the beach - yes, there are some older (even closed) hotels around but it didn't affect our stay what-so-ever. And I hate seeing all the old hotels from our past disappearing.

If I had to tell you the only negative thing about the hotel, it would have to be the elevators... they are very slow when the hotel was more occupied on the weekend. I did let them know this and I received an email yesterday telling me they're currently working on that situation and improving the elevator service.

The price at BayView is some of the best rates for an oceanfront room in Myrtle Beach, especially for off season. I would highly recommend BayView to anyone looking for a really nice room/suite with amazing views!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mari&Terry
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I can't say enough good things about the Bay View...staff was friendly...housekeeping (Kathy) did a great job and very helpful. The room was spectacular. Everything was exactly as described. We have been making an annual trip for "girls weekend" and stay in a different place each time because we hadn't found THE ONE. The Bay View is it. We will be returning again. The parking garage is a block away but felt safe and secure. There is no outdoor pool...not a big problem for us. The elevators were too few and a little slow but no different than any other hotel on the Grand Strand.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends