“Best place in Myrtle Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bay View on the Boardwalk

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #36 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Kansas
“Best place in Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

We just returned from a Myrtle Beach vacation and a week stay at Bay View. We have been to Myrtle Beach numerous times and this is by far the best place to stay on the oceanfront. We were VERY impressed with Bay View. We were told that Bay View is only a couple of years old. We had a roomy, beautiful 1 bedroom condo with a street view as well as an angled oceanview balcony! They are working on the elevators to be more efficient - elevator workers were there this past week working on them. We saw a lot of work being done on the new boardwalk as our unit faced the north towards the 14th Ave. Pier. Weather was wonderful there - 60's and 70's. The 14th Ave. Pier and 2nd Ave Pier are a nice walk from the condo. The staff at Bay View go out of their way to accommodate you - Janet, Jamie on the front desk were just wonderful to us. Bay View is very family oriented. Something for everyone - fitness center, shuffleboard, pools - lots of fun even for us older visitors. The lazy river is a blast and the pools are clean. The property is very well taken care of. Close to Broadway at The Beach and many other attractions, things to do galore! Sharkey's Bar and Grill just up the street was perfect to eat a burger and enjoy the sun/beach. Secure parking in a garage - access only by room key. I would recommend Bay View Resort to anyone... you won't be sorry.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
Monroe, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2009

I've been to this resort 3 times in the past 5 mos. and have enjoyed my stay each time. The beds are comfortable and clean, which is the first thing I inspect in every hotel I stay in. The condos have granite countertops and updated appliances. The pools and lazy river are heated in the winter which my children, and I, LOVED. The price was "a steal"....and after my 2nd night there, the staff offerred to extend my stay for 1/2 price the rate I paid! I took them up on the offer. Internet access is free and the elevators have definitely improved from my first stay in July '09 until my most recent stay Nov. '09. I'm originally from Conway, SC (20 min. from MB) and moved away 5 yrs. ago. I never really had a need to stay in the hotels in MB because I lived so close. I was EXTREMELY pleased to learn that Bay View is only about 2-3 yrs. NEW, and that was one of the determining factors when I booked my initial stay.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

Everything about this Resort was wonderful. The condo was quite
roomy and clean..This was our first experience with a condo and
it was great. The unit was very handicapped friendly for my
hubby who is in a wheelchair. Would reccomend this resort to
anyone. The staff were friendly, helpful and considerate.
Their was an internal problem with the elevator system, but
it was being replaced. So it did not affect us that much.
Thank you Bay View for a Memorable Vacation.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Stamford, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2009

Our time at Bay View was magical. We stayed in an ocean view suite and the scenery was breathtaking. My two daughters, ages 6 & 7, were in their glory. Between the lazy river and the outdoor sprinklers, they could have easily spent all of their time in the water.
The staff at the Bay View was exceptional. Everyone was happy and pleasant; they seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs. They went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that our stay was a great one.
Our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Littleton, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

We stayed with our 3-year-old and 2-year-old in a one bedroom oceanfront condo. I would highly recommend getting the ocean view with young children as the non-ocean views aren't much to look at here. The kids loved the lazy river and pool at the resort and it was an easy walk down to the beach. The beach in front of the resort is very nice. Having a kitchen was wonderful so we could eat in if we wanted to do so. The only really negative things we noticed were a broken elevator (1 out of 3) and there was construction of a boardwalk in front of the hotel that made it noisy at times (although my boys thought it was fun watching the diggers). However, we were there during the shoulder season - I doubt they would be doing construction during high season. It is near some open lots so they might be planning on building next to it eventually too.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Prosperity, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2009

We just returned from a week's vacation at Bay View Resort. We stayed in one of the ocean front condos and it was beautiful and comfortable. It had all the comforts of home: a full kitchen with ice maker, microwave, full size stove & refrigerator, & wireless internet connection. All of the floors were ceramic tile except for the living area which was carpeted.

We enjoyed the indoor pool area which included a swimming pool, kiddie pool, lazy river and hottub.

Service was great in all areas. Would definitely go back to Bay View Resort.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Clarksville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2009

The place was well priced through Hotels.com saved hundreds on a 5 day and 5 night stay.

Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends