Bay View on the Boardwalk
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$227
US$181
Travelocity
2,323 results
All reviewsbayview resortparking garageocean frontlazy riveracross the streetpool areafull kitchenbedroom condowasher and dryerhot tubroom keysky wheelboard walkgranite countertopsfree dvd rentalschecking inoff season
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Read the reviews but decide to try the Bay View for yourself. It's not a Marriott or Hyatt but you are in Myrtle Beach, so relax and enjoy!!!!
We have now stayed at the Bay View several times in the 4 years that it has been open. We can see normal wear and tear on the Bay View condos but that is completely normal and expected with the volume of customers in and out of the rooms. The kitchens are really nice, with the granite countertops and stocked with the essentials. We have learned several things to ask for in order for our stay to be more enjoyable. We request a room on the 7th floor - for us, it is perfect. High enough for us to have a wonderful view of the boardwalk and beach, yet low enough for us to walk if there is a delay with the elevators. We also request a room with a king bed - for some reason, the king bedding seems to be more comfortable than the full size beds.
We know there is no outdoor pool and that the parking is a block away, so neither item is a problem. We like the security of the parking deck. We have used the "shuttle" once, but prefer the short walk.
We usually go off season because we like it somewhat "quieter". If we choose to go during the summer, we expect a crowded pool area, noisy teenagers/children, fireworks, and delays at check-in and elevators.
The bottom line for us is that we find the staff and accomodations at the Bay View to be above average, the location is convenient - right in the middle of everything downtown and the price is more reasonable than comparable hotels in the Myrtle Beach area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank loveMyrBeach
Reviewed 9 September 2010

The drop off area is small and like a mad house trying to get unloaded and then out of there. The 3 elevators for a 19 floor hotel were very slow. We got our exercise a couple of times as we took the stairs from the 10th floor and beat the elevator down. Housekeeping was the worst. We stayed Sun- Thurs. Monday had to go request washcloths- no housekeeping came. At 4PM Tuesday went to the front office to let them know that we had not seen housekeeping since we had been there and they did not seem to concerned just stated they would send someone up. Wednesday they finally came in a done a once over cleaning that afternoon- we were leaving the next day so did not care-- bathtub filled to ankle level when running the shower--walls are paper thin-did not sleep well two nights from the noise. Staff was not very customer friendly-- was overall nice but would not recommend to anyone and will check out other hotels before booking here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Puddin70
Reviewed 7 September 2010

First of all, I am a business traveler and stay in a hotel 2 or three nights per week - every week! I am accustomed to staying at 3 or 4 star hotels like Westins, Sheraton, Marriot, etc.

We booked this hotel due to the availability of a 3 BR condo on the oceanfront and that was positive. The size of the 3 BR was nice and the kitchen was also sizeable for an oceanfront condo. We were travelling with our 86 year old grandmother, my parents, brother and three nieces - 9 people - and we fit very comfortably in a 3 BR condo; however, I must say the double beds are very small.
The boardwalk area and 2nd Avenue Pier are very nice and within a five minute walk from the property.
Regarding constructive critique, I have to say that the overall clientele of Myrtle Beach, SC has definitely changed. The indoor pools were constantly filled with screaming children that had never been in a pool before – I am serious about that comment. Beware that the parking garage is a block away and you will be lucky to catch the shuttle over due to the high volume of people coming and going at peak hours. After returning from dinner on Saturday night we were greeted on the street by a “gang” of people that were chanting at cars as they drove by. In addition, the comments about the elevator are very true. On the last night of the stay, we walked up ten flights of stairs after waiting about 30 minutes.

We MAY return this property, but only if it were in off peak season!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank EPayne
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We arrived on Sept , 2010 around 7pm. We have a special needs child and we happy that we could park right beside the hotel. We got up to our room and within 30 min we were questioning out decision! I went to the bathroom and pulled down the shower curtain and we to slide it back to see if my daughter would fit in there and when I slid the shower curtain back I noticed I had stuck my hand in something and it appeared to be crap! I thought this could not be..sure enough one sniff and it was crap! I was pissed. I called down stairs and told the girl at the front desk and she found humor in it! after 30 mins my husband had to call down there again. Housekeeping finally brought up another one but the did not disinfect the shower. so i went out and bought cleaner and cleaned the whole bathroom myself! wrong way to start a vacation! Then I got out some dishes from the cabinet which were wet and dirty! So I had to wash all the dishes to feel like they were clean! The elevator are way to slow. the Internet worked some but did not work any Sunday. the pool area was always packed with people horse playing so my special needs child could not enjoy the pool. there was not handicap access to get on the beach! The noise level inside the hotel was really bad with yelling firm one end to the other. Every time we looked out the cops were in front of the building! Our friends stayed there too just down the hall. Their room was not much bigger than a closet and they had to call security 3times in one nite because of the noise level after midnite. they asked to be moved to another room and they would not let them. we all tuffed it out. But this morning done it for me..our friend woke up with a BED BUG attached to his leg!! so we all had to come home and wash all laundry and leave the luggage outside for several days. My husband talked to the manager this am and she was nice and seemed understanding. She did refund us $60.. But for what all we put up for she should have done more to make it right! Oh might I add if you do stay here take your own pillows..The pillows are horrible they must have gotten them from a yard sale or big lots. We had to fold towels and put under the pillows just to rest!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Luvbeingamom2010
Reviewed 3 September 2010

My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Bay View Resort. Our room was clean and comfortable with the oceanfront balcony & king bed we were promised. There were people constantly cleaning in this place! Every morning they not only tested and cleaned the pools, but power washed all surfaces in the entire area. The elevator surfaces were being washed when we were going down to watch the sun rise on the beach every morning.. The bathroom was immaculate and the showers were great. And there is free Wifi accessible from your room. We will definitely go back. If you want a restaurant on location, then this is isn't for you. Some might not like the parking garage a block away, but it actually works better for getting out without driving on Ocean Blvd. and is in a secure, locked building where we always found a spot(& you can unload in the drive first). If you want friendly service right on the beach in clean surroundings, you'll love it. And Starbucks is also located in the building!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple