“Absolutely a nightmare......................”

Ranked #35 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
pennsylvania
“Absolutely a nightmare......................”
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Where do I start...We stayed in this resort in 2009 and the condo we had was absolutely wonderful. We needed a handicapped condo and it was great.
So we decided to go back again in 2010. Biggest mistake. We did have a
handicapped condo, but a different one from the year before. It was dirty to start with. Mattress was torn with the stuffy coming out. Wires from a DVD
were strung across the corner of the room to an outlet. Light bulb in one bedroom was broken and not replaced until we complained. I had to dust our master bedroom because it was so dusty. The microwave was broken,
we could still use it, but the glass inside would not rotate. The door was broken off where our washer and dryer were located.The floor in the living room was dirty. You can expect some wear and tear after the summer months but come on, we were down the same time the year before and the condo we had was clean and neat. The maid service was bad. We had to constantly call housekeeping to get service. The security was bad too.
Front doors you need a hotel card to enter. Back doors that lead to the new boardwalk and beach were left open and unattended even after
dark. Gates to get inside the resort grounds from the boardwalk were open. Doors into the indoor pool area were open and doors that led to the lobby where the elevators are located were also open. We were really
disappointed with the resort and I did talk to the manager about it. They did try to correct some of the problems, but the housekeeping issue was not really corrected until our stay was just about over. The only reason it was corrected then was because we complained all the time. What a way to spend your only vacation for the year. As far as I know the security issue was never addressed because we came back from dinner one night only to see the back doors open again that went out to the boardwalk. They did give us a one night refund. But somehow that did not matter, our trip was ruined. This may have been our last trip to South Carolina since we do have handicapped issues that could get worse, and this was how it was spent. I was very disappointed in the Bay View and most of the staff.
The manager did try somewhat and one of the security people promised the issue would be resolved, whether it ever was after we left or not, I don't know. One thing I do know if we should be able to get to South Carolina again, we would not be staying at the Bay View Resort.
I did tell the manager I would send a letter to Trip Advisor, I could tell she was not happy about that, but I feel others should know. It just took me some time to get it written to you, I'm sorry about that.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (606)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 January 2011

we had the most fun at bayview the staff was great and one person in particular was very funny laughed and joked w us. dontay aka tammy lol. hotel was very clean and having starbucks right there in the hotel was the bomb! needed my venti mocha w double shots lol.we will be back again next month!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Martinsville, Virginia
Reviewed 14 January 2011

Myself, my wife and my 6 yoa son decided to head down to beach for New Years Eve, booked with Bay View and loved it. Room was nicer than my first apartment, very nice staff and very helpful, had issue with tv not working with my son's playstation system and called for assitance, had a person at the door in no time to fix issue. Will stay again for sure.

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 January 2011

This is our second stay with Bayview , this place is great, staff very friendly, location is great and very affordable. all ammenities are new and updated, bedding could be more comfortable other than that we only have great things to say about Bayview....Oh did I forget they have a Starbucks! We're already planning out next stay!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Moneta, Virginia
Reviewed 4 January 2011

After the frantic holiday of Christmas, we just wanted to get away for New Years. Bay View had a great winter special so we booked and off we went. The kids (10,11, and 13) loved the pool and lazy river and the wife and I loved getting a Starbucks every morning. The 2 bedroom condo was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The new Myrtle Beach boardwalk is very nice and great for a stroll. It reminds me of a cross between the Atlantic City boardwalk and the Va Beach Boardwalk although being new this one does not have all the shops and stuff yet. Our only regret was the drive to restaurants...wish they had a few a bit closer to the Bay View. Maybe you guys could expand the Starbucks to include a lounge for adult beverages!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Marblehead
Reviewed 1 January 2011

We arrived on Christmas. Got to check in earlier than expected. Room was fabalous. We had an ocean front suite. Kitchen was great and the beds were very comfortable. I even slept on the couch bed and it was very comfortable! The pool was nice and the hot tub was fabulous! This hotel is the best location for walking to any shops, bars, or any other entertainment located in that area. The new boardwalk is beautiful, too, I needed my boarding passes printed out for our flight home and the staff was very helpful in helping me with this. Very informative staff. We will definitely come back to this resort! Great view of the ocean front too.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 December 2010

i had a fantastic time ! It actually snowed on the sunday we were leaving - a good place to get some R&R

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple