Where do I start...We stayed in this resort in 2009 and the condo we had was absolutely wonderful. We needed a handicapped condo and it was great.
So we decided to go back again in 2010. Biggest mistake. We did have a
handicapped condo, but a different one from the year before. It was dirty to start with. Mattress was torn with the stuffy coming out. Wires from a DVD
were strung across the corner of the room to an outlet. Light bulb in one bedroom was broken and not replaced until we complained. I had to dust our master bedroom because it was so dusty. The microwave was broken,
we could still use it, but the glass inside would not rotate. The door was broken off where our washer and dryer were located.The floor in the living room was dirty. You can expect some wear and tear after the summer months but come on, we were down the same time the year before and the condo we had was clean and neat. The maid service was bad. We had to constantly call housekeeping to get service. The security was bad too.
Front doors you need a hotel card to enter. Back doors that lead to the new boardwalk and beach were left open and unattended even after
dark. Gates to get inside the resort grounds from the boardwalk were open. Doors into the indoor pool area were open and doors that led to the lobby where the elevators are located were also open. We were really
disappointed with the resort and I did talk to the manager about it. They did try to correct some of the problems, but the housekeeping issue was not really corrected until our stay was just about over. The only reason it was corrected then was because we complained all the time. What a way to spend your only vacation for the year. As far as I know the security issue was never addressed because we came back from dinner one night only to see the back doors open again that went out to the boardwalk. They did give us a one night refund. But somehow that did not matter, our trip was ruined. This may have been our last trip to South Carolina since we do have handicapped issues that could get worse, and this was how it was spent. I was very disappointed in the Bay View and most of the staff.
The manager did try somewhat and one of the security people promised the issue would be resolved, whether it ever was after we left or not, I don't know. One thing I do know if we should be able to get to South Carolina again, we would not be staying at the Bay View Resort.
I did tell the manager I would send a letter to Trip Advisor, I could tell she was not happy about that, but I feel others should know. It just took me some time to get it written to you, I'm sorry about that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc