“A great place to relax .”

Bay View on the Boardwalk
Ranked #38 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at Bayview on the boardwalk. T he service was great and our room needs were taking care of . I would like to say that front deskattendant Brian Acrin went above and beyond the call of duty. The manager was very helpful and the housekeeper was very nice as well .The amenities were great and this is our fourth stay with bay view and we look forward to our next visit.What we like most is the view of oceanfront room of the beach and the clean and beautiful rooms that they have and easy wifi connection.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2011

I took my wife to Myrtle Beach as a Walentine present. It was our first time staying at the Bay View. We were just staying one night if not i would have blown my temper.Where do i start, when we arrived there was no wher to park. There were cars left unattended in the little front drop off area. There were 2 guy's who work their , but did not tried to assist us at all. Beside the Horel is a city owned parking area for access to the beach. it was full except for one Handicapped at the very end. I'am handicapped, lucky for me i guess! The Bay View let me say first of all is a very nice & clean rescort. The 2 clerks at the checkin desk were very friendly. I love the onsite Star Bucks, great security, card key access to get in to the pool areas. You can not get into the building without going through the main entrance unless you have a card key. first problem was the parking, 2nd problem was our room had no chairs at all. The room had a coffee maker, mircowave, a small sink and a small refrigarater at the foot of our king size bed. Now when and if you wanted to eat in the room you had to do that on your bed, because of not haveing a table or any kind of chairs. I like to have a comfortable chair to sit in. Problem 3. I call down to the front desk for extra pillows. A guy delivered the pillows without pillow cases. Our room was very nice and clean otherwise. Problem 4. my wife and i are hot nature people even in Feb. we could not lower the temp. below 72 degress. When checking out the next day i politely told the clerk about the concerns. She said inorder to get a room with a sitting chair that we should have reserved a suite that had a higher rate. At this time I'm not sure if i would ever want to stay at the Bay View again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachgoers06
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I was really impressed with how we were greeted every time we left the hotel to go to our car. Each time was pleasurable. Tracey ( who worked out front unloading/loading cars )was very polite, helpful & pleasant . He always had a smile on his face & from what we saw of the other guess, he treated them the same. That's how I discovered we like the same NFL teram (Go Cowboys).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Me and my hubsand decided to visit myrtle beach in October 2010, just to have a get away trip, plus my hubby never been to the beach. We find Bayview Resort while searching the web and fiqure we would stay there. The place was great, we had a 1bedroom sunset view condo. It was the best resort we ever been to. It had granite countertops in the kitchen with a full set of dishers, pans, etc... The condo was spacious, neat and very clean. The people was nice and very helpful. I would suggest that everyone would consider staying at the Bayview. Now Bayview is, me and my hubsand favorite place to stay when we go to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

This hotel is very very nice!! The pool area is great and the service is also great. Be aware of senior week students as it does tend to crowd the beach and the hotels as well. The service was great and the rooms were spacious and very clean. I checked for bed bugs just because it's a big city where many people come and go and it seemed just fine. Overall, recommended to others!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We had a great quiet week at Bay View. The rooms were terrific. On our first morniing there was a beautiful sunrise. Took over 30 shots. The pools were warm and clean. Had a super time with my 13 year old son, also my daughter and son in law. The board walk is new and looks fantastic. We especially loved our night out at the Medieval Times. I thought I was going to have trouble bringing a 4 foot sword back into Canada, but we didn't. Having Starbucks attached to the resort is great! On one of our many walks on the beach/boardwalk we had the opportunuty to talk to one of Myrtle Beach's Police Officer (Bike Patrol). He has seen a terrific change for the better all over Myrtle Beach, I guess that's why he was able to stand around talking for 45 minutes or so. All in all a great time I would personally recomend the Bay View Resort to my family and friends

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We (family of four, girls 7 & 10) live in South Carolina and go to Myrtle Beach quite a bit in the off-season, like once or twice a month. As such we look for 1) indoor pools, and 2) price. Bay View is a very nice hotel/resort, which looked pretty new to us. I read the 1-star reviews and they were all from 2007 & 08 that I saw. I don't know if they've remodeled the whole place or if the old one was torn down or something, but found absolutely nothing wrong with our room or the public spaces we used. We booked one of the Sunset View condos and were pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of the room and furnishings (however, the mattress was pretty bad). We've stayed in a lot of "suites" at the beach, but this one truly lived up to the name. We've lived in apartments that were smaller. The lazy river is very small but useable. The pool was smallish but fine. And the hot tub was a nice size, and most importantly, hot! So many places have tepid hot tubs. Mind you, we were there in January so there weren't many people. In the summer I'm sure the indoor water features would be crowded, but then you'd have the outdoor pool(s) (don't konw how many they have) and beach. And yes, the parking garage is across the street and across that block (really only the depth of a motel, and there's a paved and marked walkway, but it was nice! It has rollup gates like you see on mall stores, which require your room key for entry, and even the entry doors are keyed; those are things I don't think I've ever seen anywhere, let alone at Myrtle Beach. There are shutters/louvers too which keep the sun and wind-blown debris out of the garage and off the cars, a very nice touch. We didn't use the fitness center so I can't comment on that, nor did we go in the Starbucks, but it's right there in the hotel building. The kitchen was very nice, with full-size stove, microwave, and fridge (with icemaker!) plus all the dinnerware, silverware, and pots and pans Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family