“Not terrible if a good rate”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #23 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I chose the Paradise because of the positive reviews and because I got a very good 'deal'. If I didn't get a good deal it would have been a little disappointing for the rate they had advertised. It's in a quieter location, south of the 'honky tonk' part of Myrtle. We had a double ocean front suite on the 6th floor. LOVED the beds - extremely comfortable. The bathroom and kitchen area looked new and were very clean. Kitchen utensils are limited. No measuring cup, pot holders, spatula,mixing spoon, pizza pan, coffee filters, etc. Not that big of a deal, we made do. We had a problem with the dishwasher but that was fixed relatively quickly. Maid service could have been better. We were NEVER given enough towels...a room with 5 women and 3 of them teenagers! A couple of times it took so long for room service to bring the towels we requested that I had to send my daughter to the pool area to bring some up from there. Inconvenient. I don't like how the front desk area is separate from the entrance to the hotel. Also inconvenient.

The pool area is much too small for the amount of rooms. Majority of the pool area has no sun by 3pm unless you want to move a chair to the edge of the grass. There is no staff monitoring the pool area at any time!! Children are allowed to bring pool toys and floaties into the ONLY outdoor pool? Unheard of. People were walking from the beach to the pool without rinsing off. It became very dirty by 1pm and no staff seeing to it guests followed any pool etiquette. I tried to relax in the only hot tub they have, but couldn't because children were swimming and playing in it. Parents were taking their toddlers in the hot tub to play in diapers? That was just so gross. They don't enforce ANY pool rules at all, and there is no staff to assist in seeing to it the pool area was under control. Very very disappointing. The restaurant is closed by 11am and doesn't reopen again until dinner. Very strange. Try Damon's for lunch - not even a 5 minute drive south - VERY delicious! Mammy's kitchen for their breakfast buffet...go in there starving. Trust me on this.
Bottom line...it's not a 5 star so expect some flaws. Depends on what you want out of an ocean front resort I guess. I went for the view and the price. The bonus for me was the cleanliness of our rooms and comfort of the beds...the downside was the lack of service and no supervision and rules at the pool area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GlamBecca
Write a ReviewReviews (2,032)

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We were very disappointed with the condo. The view was beautiful, as was our life guard Peter! The condo was dirty, had to use towels on the sofa before I would let the kids sit on the stained dirty thing! The towels were thread bare and we had no hand towels. Condolux has a 24 hour number to call since you can't use the resort front desk . I called on a Sunday at 4:00 pm and got a recording that they were closed! When I called back on Monday and told them the place was dirty and we had no hot water, she said "sorry you are not enjoying your stay". I then asked what can be done about the unit next to us that had been fighting in the hall until early morning, scaring my children (couldn't call the front office - we are with Condolux!) was told to call 911 if it happened again, since that unit was not rented thru them. Paradise Resort wants nothing to do with a Codolux renter, and Codolux is not on site and useless if your problem/emergency doesn't happen during office hours.
My suggestion is don't use Condolux (they were the same price as Paradise Resort ) go directly thru the resort, and don't rent with Paradise Resort. They are only 5 years old, but look more like 15, with old dingy towels and linen, stained furniture and poor housekeeping. The maintenance staff were wonderful, credit were credit is due!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lislelady
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed on the 14th floor facing the ocean. The view was great, although the water was unsettled and murky when we vacationed there. The beach is very crowded during the day, but after the lifeguard leaves around 4:30 and people peel away for dinner, it is very peaceful, with only a few dozen people on the beach for most of the night. The parking garage was never full when we got back in from a trip, but it is rather small and somewhat difficult to navigate. The pools and hottub were in fine condition. The staff was fine. One great thing about the location is that you can take a nice 25 minute walk soouth on the beach and be right on the pier, and walk right into Damon's, a decent restaraunt. Overall, the resort is fine, pretty clean, and fairly relaxing, but the place is super busy during the days, which sort of spoiled the experience at times. Finally, we are not very impressed with the Myrtle Beach area because of the crowds, cheesy tourist traps everywhere, and very bad traffic on the weekends. The Gulf Coast is far prettier and less congested.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

All apartments overlook the beach and include a fill kitchen. Clean, convenient, well-equipped. Great breakfast available. The only negatives were a small pool and deck, and tight parking. Service is good and pricing is competitive. Located along a quiter end of the strand, getting to the highway is a bit tricky.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

Paradise Resort is a nice place to stay especially if you have children. The breakfast is was fabulous! Kudos to the 'Master Omelet Maker'! Easy access to the beach and the staff was very friendly. However, there were areas that needed improvement. The sofa was dingy and the carpet needed shampooing, but not enough to make us need to change rooms. Speaking of the rooms, we had the 2BD Oceanfront Deluxe, the room set up was great - the master bedroom overlooked the ocean (we fell asleep and woke up to the sound of the ocean - sooo relaxing), and the second bedroom down the hall near the entrance (perfect for the in-laws). The pools were also nice and you could pretty much always find a seat near them. Would I return to Myrtle Beach? YES. Would I stay at Paradise Resort again? Not Sure, because once we went down the strip and saw all of the other hotels, it kinda makes you want to see what else is out there...

Room Tip: When booking make sure to ask for the breakfast special to be included.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mvh007
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My friends and I stayed here over a long weekend. We were so thrilled when we saw how big our room was! We had a deluxe one bedroom suite, and it had a full kitchen, a washer/dryer, large bathroom, Murphy bed, and it faced the ocean. We loved having so much room so we weren't on top of each other. The double beds in the bedroom were sooooo comfortable! The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! We loved having convenient beach access!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank alw623
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Been making trips to Myrtle Beach for the last 20 years and I must say Paradise Resort has been the best place to stay this far!! The condo was very clean.....I did a thorough inspection before unpacking and I was satisfied!! Hotel Clerks and Housekeeping was very professional. On first day of arrival, the can opener didn't work. I must say within 10mins another can opener was sent to the room. Thanks for Fast customer services!!And my family was very happy with the speed of the 4 elevators since we were on the 15th Floor! Thank You Paradise Resort for making our vacation so pleasant!!! We will be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family