“Just average for your money!!”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Montreal, Canada
“Just average for your money!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Just average for your money! We stayed on the 15th floor! The room was okay, we stayed 12 nights and I found that maid service was pretty good! The elevator was quick and we never waited to long! Parking was a little ruff inside at a certain time at night especial after 9pm, it was full and had to park across the street and sometimes that was full also and had to go across another parking lot, so that was not fun! To be honest my worst complain is the swimming pool area, the pool is so small for the amount of people it carries! You would be lucky if you took 2 steps with out bumping into someone, the lazy river was creepy looking because it was in a area that was indoor and never saw the day of light and that goes for the hot tube too! There was not much for the kids to do in the pool area like a small water park or slides that we saw in other hotels! Friends of ours stayed at the Sand dunes in 74 ave and I couldn't believe how much activities like water slides and a lazy river that was outside! All in all it was average for me and my family! If they change there pool area and make it bigger or more for kids then for sure I would go back or else I would think twice!
Al from Canada!

1 Thank Albertodeiaco

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My wife and I stayed in room 911 at Paradise Resort in Myrtle Beach from 8/8/11-8/15/11. Below are some of my observations:

-The room and bathroom were both clean and spacious.

-The room was advertised as 'Oceanview'. However, the room literatlly faced the wall of the next door resort. It was only after you turned your head to get a view of the ocean through two buildings.

-Paradise Resort advertises itself as modern, but.......the only TV was a small tube television with no premium channels......and....it was extremely difficult to find WIFI. After calling down to the front desk they said to keep clicking on different wireless connections to see which one works.

-The staff was extremely helpful, prompt, and effective.

-For the first 4 days I was at Paradise Resort, there was a group of approx. 8 young adults (20-24). From my observations, they set up shop right next to the pool with a large cooler of beer (even though there were multiple signs that stated no coolers). With beers in hand, these young adults monopilized the deep end for hours.

-On Saturday, there was vomit in the corner of the deep end of the pool. It remained there until I alerted the sparse pool staff.

-The outdoor pool was murky....meaning it was cloudy and difficult to see the bottom.

-The hotels on the beach are largely massive resorts, but....the hotels on the other side of Ocean Blvd in this area are a bit shady (especially Palmetto Vista).

Room Tip: Do not get room on the side next to the Sandcastle Resort
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John A
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My family and I took a trip to the beach this summer and stayed at the Paradise Resort in Myrtle Beach. The staff was outstanding and the facility was absolutely great. The price was very reasonable and it offered everything we could have wanted. I would highly recommend a trip to Myrtle Beach and stay at the Paradise Resort. Great value with a great staff.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I chose the Paradise because of the positive reviews and because I got a very good 'deal'. If I didn't get a good deal it would have been a little disappointing for the rate they had advertised. It's in a quieter location, south of the 'honky tonk' part of Myrtle. We had a double ocean front suite on the 6th floor. LOVED the beds - extremely comfortable. The bathroom and kitchen area looked new and were very clean. Kitchen utensils are limited. No measuring cup, pot holders, spatula,mixing spoon, pizza pan, coffee filters, etc. Not that big of a deal, we made do. We had a problem with the dishwasher but that was fixed relatively quickly. Maid service could have been better. We were NEVER given enough towels...a room with 5 women and 3 of them teenagers! A couple of times it took so long for room service to bring the towels we requested that I had to send my daughter to the pool area to bring some up from there. Inconvenient. I don't like how the front desk area is separate from the entrance to the hotel. Also inconvenient.

The pool area is much too small for the amount of rooms. Majority of the pool area has no sun by 3pm unless you want to move a chair to the edge of the grass. There is no staff monitoring the pool area at any time!! Children are allowed to bring pool toys and floaties into the ONLY outdoor pool? Unheard of. People were walking from the beach to the pool without rinsing off. It became very dirty by 1pm and no staff seeing to it guests followed any pool etiquette. I tried to relax in the only hot tub they have, but couldn't because children were swimming and playing in it. Parents were taking their toddlers in the hot tub to play in diapers? That was just so gross. They don't enforce ANY pool rules at all, and there is no staff to assist in seeing to it the pool area was under control. Very very disappointing. The restaurant is closed by 11am and doesn't reopen again until dinner. Very strange. Try Damon's for lunch - not even a 5 minute drive south - VERY delicious! Mammy's kitchen for their breakfast buffet...go in there starving. Trust me on this.
Bottom line...it's not a 5 star so expect some flaws. Depends on what you want out of an ocean front resort I guess. I went for the view and the price. The bonus for me was the cleanliness of our rooms and comfort of the beds...the downside was the lack of service and no supervision and rules at the pool area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank GlamBecca
Lisle, Illinois
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We were very disappointed with the condo. The view was beautiful, as was our life guard Peter! The condo was dirty, had to use towels on the sofa before I would let the kids sit on the stained dirty thing! The towels were thread bare and we had no hand towels. Condolux has a 24 hour number to call since you can't use the resort front desk . I called on a Sunday at 4:00 pm and got a recording that they were closed! When I called back on Monday and told them the place was dirty and we had no hot water, she said "sorry you are not enjoying your stay". I then asked what can be done about the unit next to us that had been fighting in the hall until early morning, scaring my children (couldn't call the front office - we are with Condolux!) was told to call 911 if it happened again, since that unit was not rented thru them. Paradise Resort wants nothing to do with a Codolux renter, and Codolux is not on site and useless if your problem/emergency doesn't happen during office hours.
My suggestion is don't use Condolux (they were the same price as Paradise Resort ) go directly thru the resort, and don't rent with Paradise Resort. They are only 5 years old, but look more like 15, with old dingy towels and linen, stained furniture and poor housekeeping. The maintenance staff were wonderful, credit were credit is due!

1 Thank lislelady
Metro St. Louis
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed on the 14th floor facing the ocean. The view was great, although the water was unsettled and murky when we vacationed there. The beach is very crowded during the day, but after the lifeguard leaves around 4:30 and people peel away for dinner, it is very peaceful, with only a few dozen people on the beach for most of the night. The parking garage was never full when we got back in from a trip, but it is rather small and somewhat difficult to navigate. The pools and hottub were in fine condition. The staff was fine. One great thing about the location is that you can take a nice 25 minute walk soouth on the beach and be right on the pier, and walk right into Damon's, a decent restaraunt. Overall, the resort is fine, pretty clean, and fairly relaxing, but the place is super busy during the days, which sort of spoiled the experience at times. Finally, we are not very impressed with the Myrtle Beach area because of the crowds, cheesy tourist traps everywhere, and very bad traffic on the weekends. The Gulf Coast is far prettier and less congested.

PA
Reviewed 4 August 2011

All apartments overlook the beach and include a fill kitchen. Clean, convenient, well-equipped. Great breakfast available. The only negatives were a small pool and deck, and tight parking. Service is good and pricing is competitive. Located along a quiter end of the strand, getting to the highway is a bit tricky.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple