“Paradise found!”

Ranked #23 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Paradise found!”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Based on AAA recommendations, friends' advice, and Trip Advisor comments...our family chose the Paradise Resort for our first vacation to Myrtle Beach. Our experience from check-in to check-out was perfect! Friendly staff were everywhere. The hotel was immaculately clean from the elevators to the pools, and from the hallways to the parking garage. The staff clearly takes pride in their work!
Housekeeping came by each day to check on us, offering extra pillows, fresh towels, vacuuming, etc. We felt very pampered. Having a washer/dryer in our room helped to keep bathing suits clean and ready for multiple trips to the pools. Our room was perfect for our family of 5, offering multiple options for sleeping. We especially loved the Murphy Bed! The full kitchen (with dishwasher) made making breakfast easy! The balcony was perfect for relaxing and enjoying glimpses of dolphins!
We loved the lazy river, the full-sized pool, the kid's pool with basketball hoop, and the hottub. All pool areas were clean and well-managed. Towels were provided for pool areas. Beach access was a snap...just walk past the pools! My husband enjoyed a beverage from the poolside Tiki Bar!
Parking was a concern because we drive a very large SUV...but we had no issues getting in or out of the Paradise Resort's garage. My giant car fit with no problems. Spaces were always available. And the overflow lot available across the street also always had open spaces.
This resort is at the southern end of the boulevard. All the action happens about 2 miles north of this hotel, but we loved that we had peace and quiet at night. Walking the beach, swimming under the moon, and enjoying our balcony were so peaceful at this location. To enjoy the hustle and bustle of Myrtle Beach, we drove up the boulevard and parked near the Skywheel. Parking with meters cost us a few dollars...another day we parked in a supervised lot which cost us $5. In a resort community...this is a bargain!
Overall, our first trip to Myrtle Beach was fantastic from start to finish! Everyone we met was very kind and helpful. Southern hospitality is alive and well in South Carolina! Lots of activities for the whole family can be easliy reached with a five-minute car ride from this hotel. We will definitely be back and would absolutely recommend the Paradise Resort to anyone heading to Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: We recommend an oceanfront room, anything above the fourth floor...so you have a great view and don...
2 Thank BrendaQ_OOB

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Elevators are a little small and can be crowded but other than that it was pretty nice for the price.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Chambly, Quebec
Reviewed 21 August 2011

we came down from Montreal Canada and couldn't wait to get to Myrtle especially after a 4 year absence. Paradise Resort was perfect except for some noisy neighbors. The room we had was very nice and clean with everything including a washer and dryer. The view was beautiful, we had an ocean front view. We can't comment on the food, we never ate there but we had a few drinks at the hut and loved it. One of the best thing about this resort is nobody can reserve their chairs. I saw this at previous resorts I stayed in, people getting up early in the morning and putting towels on chairs and only coming back hours later. This I didn't see at Paradise and I loved it. The room was very clean and the maid was very nice coming only when the sign was out the door and did a very nice job on keeping it clean. We are not fussy people but we like a very clean room. For us it's one of the most important things. I would definitely go back with the family if
I have the same deal.
Thanks Paradise for making our vacation a success

Room Tip: we were on the 14th floor beach front fantastic view a bit noisy because of some neighbors, very nic...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My friend and I decided to take our kids to Myrtle Beach for a mini-vacation. I researched tons of hotels and decided on the Paradise because of price and accomadations. I was not dissapointed! The Ocean suite accomadated our five children comfortably and had an amazing view of the ocean. The kitchen was clean and stocked and althought the washer/dryer unit was beat up it worked fine. The activities at the pool kept the kids and us entertained and the poolside BBQ was delicious! I read a few reviews that commented on the service being slow, but I did not experience that. We received speedy service and everyone was super friendly! I would definitly reccomend this hotel to anyone!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Just average for your money! We stayed on the 15th floor! The room was okay, we stayed 12 nights and I found that maid service was pretty good! The elevator was quick and we never waited to long! Parking was a little ruff inside at a certain time at night especial after 9pm, it was full and had to park across the street and sometimes that was full also and had to go across another parking lot, so that was not fun! To be honest my worst complain is the swimming pool area, the pool is so small for the amount of people it carries! You would be lucky if you took 2 steps with out bumping into someone, the lazy river was creepy looking because it was in a area that was indoor and never saw the day of light and that goes for the hot tube too! There was not much for the kids to do in the pool area like a small water park or slides that we saw in other hotels! Friends of ours stayed at the Sand dunes in 74 ave and I couldn't believe how much activities like water slides and a lazy river that was outside! All in all it was average for me and my family! If they change there pool area and make it bigger or more for kids then for sure I would go back or else I would think twice!
Al from Canada!

1 Thank Albertodeiaco
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My wife and I stayed in room 911 at Paradise Resort in Myrtle Beach from 8/8/11-8/15/11. Below are some of my observations:

-The room and bathroom were both clean and spacious.

-The room was advertised as 'Oceanview'. However, the room literatlly faced the wall of the next door resort. It was only after you turned your head to get a view of the ocean through two buildings.

-Paradise Resort advertises itself as modern, but.......the only TV was a small tube television with no premium channels......and....it was extremely difficult to find WIFI. After calling down to the front desk they said to keep clicking on different wireless connections to see which one works.

-The staff was extremely helpful, prompt, and effective.

-For the first 4 days I was at Paradise Resort, there was a group of approx. 8 young adults (20-24). From my observations, they set up shop right next to the pool with a large cooler of beer (even though there were multiple signs that stated no coolers). With beers in hand, these young adults monopilized the deep end for hours.

-On Saturday, there was vomit in the corner of the deep end of the pool. It remained there until I alerted the sparse pool staff.

-The outdoor pool was murky....meaning it was cloudy and difficult to see the bottom.

-The hotels on the beach are largely massive resorts, but....the hotels on the other side of Ocean Blvd in this area are a bit shady (especially Palmetto Vista).

Room Tip: Do not get room on the side next to the Sandcastle Resort
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John A
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My family and I took a trip to the beach this summer and stayed at the Paradise Resort in Myrtle Beach. The staff was outstanding and the facility was absolutely great. The price was very reasonable and it offered everything we could have wanted. I would highly recommend a trip to Myrtle Beach and stay at the Paradise Resort. Great value with a great staff.