“Fantastic stay”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 days at Paradise Resort and had a wonderful stay. Every member of their staff was kind and courteous especially the kitchen staff. The dining area was very clean and well taken care of by two very helpful and friendly young Ladies. the food was very well prepared and was as tasteful as any breakfast restaurant I have dined at . Would recommend anyone to stay there as I will again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dennis F
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for staying at Paradise, and for your review. It's great to hear the staff made an impression on your stay, and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We hope to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach!

There are newer reviews for Paradise Resort

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My family and I had a wonderful stay at the Paradise Resort. The service was great, room was super clean, Jacuzzi and lazy river just wonderful. The view of the ocean from our room was breathtaking. We will definitely stay again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mrhatcher

Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort, and for the review. It's great to hear you had a wonderful stay, and that you'll be returning again. We can't wait for your return visit!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have read reviews of hotels in MB because it was our first time visiting the area, then I've read Paradise resort reviews so I booked the place, so happy I did. The place is very clean. The breakfast buffet is great, my 9 yr old enjoyed his hot waffle and of course the bacon. The kitchen is complete which made it easier to cook our meals. The beach is perfect, enjoyed our morning walk.
Will definitely go back to this place.

4  Thank Lorraine823

Thank you for staying at the Paradise Resort, and for the review. It is great to hear you enjoyed our cleanliness, the beach, and of course, our bacon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We took our family for a weekend trip during the "car show weekend". Guys went to the car sow and the girls went shopping. The condo was great lots of room to spread out. Wonderful view. Working on the roads all around MB so traffic wa pretty crazy. We still had a great time

Room Tip: Nice condo. Spacious
3  Thank ncflick
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort, and for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the chosen accommodations let you spread out. We hope to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Love Paradise Resort. Great rooms. Staff very polite.Clean rooms. Great location. Free breakfast at Sandals and it is great. Poor area is very clean and nice. Many great amentities. Quick friendly service. Don't stay anywhere else. My vote.....
5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2014
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort and for leaving a review. It's great to hear such good comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our resort! Also nice to know you enjoyed Sandals, and our many amenities. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Our family always rents a 3 BR condo for the Run to the Sun car show in March. The location is perfect to watch the parade on Thursday evening. Parking is great, rooms are clean and housekeeping is always generous with restocking towels. The entire staff is pleasant, friendly and helpful. The kids love the lazy river and pool. The Paradise Resort is perfect for us!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort and for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed the staff and found the room clean. Good to hear the kids enjoyed our amenities, and you enjoyed the parade. We certainly hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here March 16-21, 2014.

I booked this a couple months ago and was shocked at the low rates for this area. We were assigned to room 908, an oceanfront deluxe king suite that was super nice! The view was amazing!

A notice on the fridge said that all units are privately owned. The decor was pleasant enough, and our room was very clean, well equipped and perfect for a couple or someone with a few kids. We didn't use the wall bed or sofa bed, but I could see if being ok for a someone with a few small kids. We have a son who is 14 and two girls ages 11 and 7, so we would probably have to get a 2-3 bedroom unit if we stayed here again.

When I first saw the king bed, I thought - that looks uncomfortable. Boy, was I mistaken!!! It was perfect! My husband and I slept great in it.

The huge soaking tub in the bathroom was wonderful, and we had no problems with water pressure or lack of hot water. Housekeeping supplied plenty of towels and kept our room tidy. We did opt to just have towel service for a couple days.

The kitchen had the right mix of utensils and items we needed to make some quick meals. It was great having a full size fridge, a small dishwasher, stove and microwave. Although we didn't use them, there was a blender, toaster, and coffee pot in the cabinets.

We went during the slow season right before spring break so many places were closed and the weather was cold and rainy. It finally warmed up to 71 on our last full day, so we were able to enjoy the outdoor pool. I believe that was the only day the TikiHut was open, so we had some drinks while getting some sun.

The Sun & Fun promotion was nice and included a voucher for a free Medieval Times ticket. I wasn't able to book our Medieval Times reservation online using the code on the voucher, but I called their toll-free line and a customer service agent helped me and extended the online special $36+tax offer, so we only had to pay $44 total for 2 tickets. The DVDNow machine in the lobby was a nice touch, although the newer movies were already checked out. We still found 3 movies to watch since the weather was cruddy.

Other room amenities included a stack washer/dryer, a hair dryer in the bathroom and 2 TVs. The connected parking garage was very convenient and there were plenty of spots available during our stay.

Our room rate included 2 free breakfast buffets in Sandals each morning. The staff we encountered were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was really good and there was plenty to choose from - scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, sausage patties, french toast sticks, biscuits, gravy, toast, bagels, fresh strawberries and other fruit - plus the waffles you can make yourself. For beverages, you could have coffee, juice or soft drinks. We had our much needed Diet Cokes each morning. We were very pleased with the service and tipped each time.

The lazy river was small but fun - we really liked the hot tubs and indoor pool since it was so cold out.

Seriously, the only negative can think of was the pushy lady who tried to get us to take a timeshare tour for another free Medieval Times ticket and a "free 7 day stay voucher" - she kept saying we didn't have to pay anything to do this, but right before we signed I noticed that it said a refundable deposit was required. I asked about it, and she said it was only $20 which would be returned to us. It just seemed bothered us that she didn't tell us this up front when we asked, so we didn't do it. My husband went back down later that night and another guest was having the same problem and going off on the lady. I can understand that certain things are required to get the free stuff, but be up front about it. I don't blame Paradise Resort for this, but we were directed to go to this lady for a map of the area - and that's what we asked for when we approached her.

Overall - a wonderful stay. I would definitely go back, but probably when it's warmer. No hesitation in staying at Paradise Resort again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Betsy H

Thank you for choosing Paradise, and for your review. It's great to hear you had a good time in spite of the weather. We hope to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach!