“Great place to stay!”

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This was the first trip to Myrtle Beach for my husband and I. The stay at Paradise Resort made us not want to leave. The staff at Paradise was so friendly and helpful, and they worked all day long to keep pools, pool decks, and elevators clean and sand-free. The Sandals breakfast was amazing, it was so great to be able to go to the lobby of our hotel and get a nice hot breakfast. The beach was clean amd beautiful as well. We will be going back to Myrtle, and we will be staying at Paradise Resort!

1 Thank Stephanie M
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for trying Paradise Resort, and for your review. Thank you for recognizing our staff and all that we do. Great to hear you enjoyed breakfast at Sandals, and we hope to have you back for another visit soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
West Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The resort was a great place to stay. All the employees were very nice & helpful. Our girls loved the pools & the balcony of our room. The only issue we had was housekeeping not coming in & that was quickly resolved by the guest service desk. I would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank Kara L
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort, and for the review. It good to hear your girls enjoyed the pools and the view. Even better that our employees made such a nice impression on you. We hope to host your next visit to Myrtle Beach.
Lugoff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We didn't get the room we were promised but we made it work. The pool area and all made it all good with two girls 5 and 7. Being right on the beach was great also. The ocean view rooms were a disappointment also. I made sure I asked if my girls could is the ocean and was told yes. They could only see the ocean if they stood on chairs and looked over. Not safe at all. They got a view of the alley way between the hotels.

ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort, and for the review. Sorry to hear that there was an issue with your reservation, but it's nice to hear you enjoyed our water facilities and proximity to the ocean. We hope to have you back as our guest on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.
Effingham, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Paradise Resort was very clean. The staff was very kind. My family and I enjoyed the pool, hot tub and lazy river. Our room was very nice. There was plenty of water pressure and hot water when everyone showered. LOVED THE OCEAN VIEW!

2 Thank Kaye524
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for visiting Paradise Resort, and for your review. It's good to hear you found the resort clean and the staff kind. We're happy that you were able to enjoy the water attractions, and we hope to have you back as our guest again soon.
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Arrived just as bike week was ending.... What an experience. The hotel rooms are very nice. The staff work hard and keep the whole hotel clean. The breakfast staff as well as the food is very good. Other reviewers mentioned that the hotel was slightly "old" . There are not many new hotel in MB. As i said the hotel staff work hard to ensure that the guest areas are clean and tidy . I enjoyed the visit and have already recommended MB and the hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Higher floors have good views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charleso3
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for staying at Paradise Resort, and for your review. It's great to hear you enjoyed the room, appreciate the staff, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We hope to host your next trip to Myrtle Beach!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed in this property June 2014. The best thing about Paradise was the room with an ocean front view. When I vacation, I spend just as much time in the room as I do out of the room. So therefore, I want nice accommodations. I don't live in a dump and I don't want to vacation in one. I cannot say anything good about the accommodations. They were disgusting. The furnishings and the TVs looked as if they were donated by the local thrift store. You can't even buy the TVs with the tube in the back anymore. To top it all off the TV's were a 17" at best. The little 17" RCA TVs had to be donated. I surely hope they didn't buy them. Evidently, they got a good deal. I needed a magnifying glass to see it. The resort needs a major makeover. I stayed in Room 1004. Baseboards were missing from the wall and there was no floor board around the dishwasher. The bedding was dingy and old. It was totally disgusting. The refrigerator was rusty and so was the stove. I cannot recommend this place to anyone without warning them of the condition of the rooms. The air conditioning drain pan in Room 1004 flooded at least twice during my stay leaving a huge puddle in the bathroom which I stepped in during the middle of the night. Our family occupied four rooms and they all looked the same. Rusty, dingy, and just plain antiquated. One of the rooms was facing a brick wall so you can imagine what that was like. I should have read the reviews on trip advisor before committing to staying at Paradise. I paid way too much for the room. You learn from mistakes and this was a huge mistake. If I'm ever asked about "Paradise Resort", my response will be "Don't let the name fool you."

Room Tip: Personal standards. Don't use price to determine the room condition. If you are looking for a...
2 Thank FrequentTraveler698
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for trying Paradise Resort, and for the review. So sorry to hear of the issues you had while staying at Paradise, but feedback both positive and negative can be good. Your issues have been addressed with our head of maintenance and even some outside professionals. We hope you enjoy your next visit to Myrtle Beach.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our daughter's wedding was in Myrtle Beach. We booked several rooms for the wedding party and guests. The accommodations were great! Everyone had an ocean view room. The rooms were very clean as well as other areas in the hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful.
We would defintely go back again. You should book early in the year to get the best price.

2 Thank Kathy G
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for choosing Paradise Resort, and for your review. First, we hope a long and happy life together for the happy couple, and would like to share our gratitude for spending time on such a wonderful occasion with us. Secondly, thank you for kind words about our staff and the facility. We hope to host your next visit to Myrtle Beach!