“Ok if don't have little ones”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 30 August 2014

My husband and our 2 year old stayed in room on 10th floor, view was ok, room looked clean but if we walked barefoot got black feet, looking at other things in room too closely it was dirty. Would of left but everywhere else was booked up! Bfast was at best ok but that's what you get on buffets. Staff was always nice. Never had our beds changed had to call to get towels and linens brought up entire stay of 4 days. Pools got cleaned everyday but didn't look it was cloudy so we didn't use them. Not very kid friendly things to do there. I would not recommend if you have younger children, beds were so hard my back ached and couldn't sleep, room was outdated except for bathroom floor which was tiled and clean.

• Stayed: August 2014
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

Thank you for staying with us at Paradise Resort, and for your review. We are so sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations, and that there was a lack of housekeeping. We do take every review seriously, and try to make improvements where necessary. We hope that you try us out again one day on a future trip to Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed 30 August 2014

I need to learn how to drive! The hotel was centrally located in Myrtle Beach but still too far away from the famous Broadway. Since there are too few restaurants in the area, Sandals' hours need to be extended for the late night munchies! And most importantly, this hotel was kid friendly! My grandson had a blast in the pool area. I was able to sit back and relax and watch him play until his heart was content. For me, I enjoyed the beach. Very clean and accessible.

Room Tip: If you're like me, I don't like the room door opening right in thd sleeping area. Also, don...
1  Thank SummerBunny2014
ParadiseMgr, Manager at Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Thank you for trying Paradise Resort and writing your review. We are happy to hear that your grandson enjoyed the pool area and that you enjoyed the beach. We hope to see you soon back at Paradise Resort!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

First time staying at the Paradise and our stay was excellent...3bdrm unit 1102 was clean (need a shim under the refrig and stove but otherwise...) More room than we needed for myself, my wife, our daughter and her 1 year old.... But we like space. To bad the Paradise doesn't have a 3bdrm PH with double the space! The entire staff was superb....Internet access was great for all you 'must stay connected people'... My hand is raised as well). Oceanfront view..Have great pics of the rainbow that parked itself right in front of us..Fantastic price...Oh yeah...Everything you read about the parking lot is true...TIGHT....but manageable AND there is ample parking directly across the street..After awhile one does get used to walking thru the parking lot to get to the elevators...but again as with anyplace else beware of your surroundings.. AND CARRY YOUR KEYCARD! 5 minutes to the airport was a dream....And no airplane noise.....Pretty good exercise room. Ample space...Bicycle, treadmill..weight bench..mirrors... I worked with the free weights which ranged from 10 (believe) to 50lbs...Located on the 3rd floor 'in the parking lot'..There was not a hint of danger but it is secluded so if you can travel in pairs..Pools were clean...MC for the 'various contests' was engaging....Food was good although we only ate breakfast there.....which was free w\rm tkt. It is apparent from the many reviews you have read that there are mixed experiences...and each one is probably correct....For us, we have no problem with recommending Paradise to Friends, Family, and even our Enemies... (Paradise: Work on a Spacious 3bdrm PH and you may have me for life!) Patrick Hogan, New Rochelle, NY (Forgot to mention tv's in every room and two bdrms had 2 double bds. Unit also had two good size bathrooms.. )...Okay..that's it as I do have other things to do... But did I mention....

Room Tip: For me I just select rooms that are more than I need to ensure comfort..We could have stayed in a 2b...
1  Thank Phogan7

Thank you for staying with us at Paradise Resort, and for your review. We are so glad that you enjoyed our resort, and that you would recommend it to your friends and family. Seems like you took advantage of all the amenities we have to offer as well! Though our 3br PH is the same size, we still would not mind you being a lifer! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I always liked Paradise Resort from last year. It was clean,kid friendly,beach right there,shops, short driving distances,we took a helicopter ride & it was fun,workers nice and helpful. It was great.

Room Tip: If you have a family or just you and spouse or friends I always like to get the Deluxe Suite. You ha...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for coming back to Paradise Resort and writing the review. It is nice to hear that you found our resort clean and you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you come back soon here at Paradise Resort!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

First time vacationing in Myrtle Beach and chose the Paradise based on reviews and cost.
We stayed in room 603 which was pretty clean and in good shape.
Highlights:
-Breakfast is very good
-Direct oceanfront
-Pools open until 11PM
Couple minor issues.
-Room 603 has the ice maker right outside the bedroom window and some people don't have courtesy to not use it past 11PM and it is loud.
-TV in bedroom is an older tube model.
-Trash in the pool area needs to be emptied a bit more often.
The parking garage is tight as others have stated, but it's not too bad. We parked there everyday.
Overall, we enjoyed ourselves and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors and stay away from the ice machines and elevators.
1  Thank Nodriveslow

We are so glad to hear that you chose Paradise Resort for your first trip to Myrtle Beach. Glad that you enjoyed your room, breakfast and the pools. However, we are very sorry about the other guest interrupting your stay with the ice maker and the trash at the pool. We surely will look into these matters. We are glad to hear that you would stay again, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Need your own beach towels and chairs. The hotel does not provide these. The lifeguards charge $30 A day for two chairs and an umbrella. Walking thru parking garage to elevators weird, especially at night. Otherwise, a beautiful, clean, comfortable place. Sandals food is excellent. Happy and upbeat pool area. Would def stay again!

Room Tip: We loved our 20th floor room! They were nice and cool with the best views.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your stay with us at Paradise Resort, and for the review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you thought we were beautiful, clean and comfortable! We are sorry we do not provide beach chairs and that the garage was weird for you. We are very glad that you are thinking of staying again with us, on your next trip to Myrtle!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I rented for 3 nights and would have left if I could have found another resort suitable for my grandchildren. I rented the 2 bedroom unit. The rooms, especially the carpet was so dirty, the children could not go bare footed because their feet were completely black from the filth on/in the carpet. There was hair in the bathrooms and after the first night the maid just brought linens and made the beds (didn't change linens). The extra linen for the pull out couch/bed had dead dried bugs in it. The bedrooms were outdated and old. The bathrooms and kitchens appeared to have been updated. The tvs (all 3) had to be at least 15 or 20 years old and reception was bad. There was nothing really for my grandchildren (ages 2 & 7) to do. We had to walk down to the "sister" resort, Compass Cove to access a more child friendly environment. To top it off, I was parked Directly in front of the ground floor elevator in the parking deck. The car parked beside me scraped my car from the passenger door back and left without reporting it. I reported it to the office and a security guard went out to look at it and said that there was nothing to do; that resort cameras were only located at the entrance and exit sides of the parking deck! OMG...I almost flipped because the majority of people that might be in danger would be entering and exiting a ground floor (lobby) elevator! The police was called but could do nothing because we had no idea who did it. This mini vacation was a nightmare. I will NEVER go back!

6  Thank Sheila B

Thank you for your stay with us at Paradise Resort, and for your review. We are so sorry to hear about the experience you had with us, truly an abnormal encounter for us. We take all reviews seriously and will be looking into all matters that you have talked about. We hope that you enjoy your next stay in Myrtle Beach.