“not the same as past 2 years”
Review of Paradise Resort

Paradise Resort
Ranked #22 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I reserved our room in May and when we arrived, why did the nasty attitude front desk clerk try to charge us more? I even had my confirmation that Paradise Resort mailed me and she didn't want to look at it. Front Desk clerks are not like they were in the past two years, clean sheets had stains. Please believe when you read reviews on Tripadvisor save you and your Family time and hard earned money DON'T GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 2 July 2009

This hotel has really nice big rooms and its clean. We went for BIKE WEEK but didnt take our bike. ha ha Our only complaints are that they didnt serve liquor in the lounge by the pool. If you do stya request to be in any room other than the ones on the ends of the building next to the stairs cause the slamming of the stairs door will keep you UP all night!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2009

After reading reviews we selected the Paradise Resort and we were not dissapointed. The room was clean, loved the lazy and kiddie pool as we had a four year old with us. We stayed on the second floor and the noise level was bearable with the patio door closed. The parking garage is a bit tight and not very SUV friendly. Only regret is that the resort is not walking distnace to anything wich meant we spent more time at the beach becasue we did not want the hassle of getting in and out of the parking garage. Would stay again at room 203 as the condos are individualy owned. One more thing our cell phones did not work in the room we have t-mobile and sprint.

Reviewed 1 July 2009

The rooms were very clean. Wonderful, friendly staff. Not a single complaint except one day we got our linens a little late. We stayed on the second floor. Perfect for a family with kids ages 5 and 8. Everybody was happy. Pool/restaurant food was good, fresh. Lazy river, pool, plenty of chairs, nice area to sunbathe. NOTE: The entire lazy river and half the pool, as well as all of the baby pool and the hot tub are under shade. At first I was a little disappointed in that, but for a weeklong stay with perfect weather in the upper 90s, the shade was a Godsend. My kids didn't get sunburned. I could sunbathe the whole time they played, and still have a good view of them. The ocean was beautiful, as well. Lifeguards, chair and umbrella rentals (though few rented...I think they may have been pricey, though no more than any other resort). The beach was PACKED. All rooms have a wonderful view. MOST OF ALL, the security was top-notch. At all times, there was staff around the pool area, tiki bar, etc. If anybody got out-of-hand, they were ON IT. Very tidy about the pool area too. It was the best place I've stayed overall in a long time.

Reviewed 28 June 2009

This will be long but full of advice. First off we come to Myrtle every year. This year my parents rented a 3b suite. We arrive and from the outside and the lobby the place looks ballin. Well when we finally find a spot to park in the crude built parking garage that is not suv friendly. We make it to our room. The list begins. Poorly lit rooms cannot even see to unpack at night. 2 beds were missing the comforters and sheets. There was prior damage to the walls b4 our arrival. There has been no hot water to bath with at all the entire week. After numerous calls to maintaince we were told we were stupid for not turning it on. But seriously how does 3 sinks and 2 tubs not have hot water and its our fault. No ironing board, or iron for that matter. Noisey entry doors slam instead of the pistons closing them slowly. Our neighbors came and jumped my lil brother which is 10 for slaming the door. After being shown that the fault doesnt lie on the child he appologized and called maintaince for us to fix it. Epic fail on they're behalf again. After an entire week stay our liens were never changed, we only got bath towels twice only after asking for them. House keeping has been no shows entirely. First night here my windshield was busted in the parking garage, security told me theres nothing that could be done because were i parked my vehicle wasnt on tape. If you cannot park in the 3 story parking garage that is a joke. you have to park accross the street in a parking lot that still has compact spots? cmon put those in the garage atleast. I was stoped by security while trying to park, they were rude over not having the rearview tag showing we belonged to the hotel. I told him i wont leave it up because that lables you as a target to thieves when your out and about. He stated if it happens again it will be towed. This all happened while I driving up to park it! I will never recommend this hotel to anybody. And to top it off. The suite we were in didnt even have an alarm clock. Really get with the program. We leave tomorrow and I havent been so happy to Leave a hotel in all my life.
Jason age 28

1  Thank aptivaa12
Reviewed 22 June 2009

We were reluctant after reading some of the earlier reviews about the load music, kids at the pool all hours of the night and no security. However , they have corrected all these problems. The pool closed at 11:00 PM sharp every night we were there(7 nights). There was no DJ only recorded music played on speakers and certainly was not load. We really would have liked it to be loader. There was plenty of security around as well. They have also implemented a zero tolerance rule for people throwing items off the balconies as we witnessed them have the police escort some teenagers off the property. Parking garage is a little tight but there is plenty of outdoor parking directly across the street. Rooms were nice and staff was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 17 June 2009

I don't understand how anyone could write a bad review about the place. We stayed 06/12-06/16 and really enjoyed it. The rooms were very clean, the pool was nice(heated), and the TIKI Bar was very nice. I have ZERO complaints about this place, and we probably had the smallest room on the side of the resort! The staff was very friendly, one day the cleaning service had some of our towels folded into a Swan and into Sea Shells. Overall I would give this place 2 thumbs up! Especially for the price! Parking could be tight with a big vehicle in the garage, but it 2 big you can park across the street with ease!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple