“Loved it”

Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 21 July 2011

First time in Myrtle beach, hotel was beautiful. rooms were clean.right on the beach only walk down 5 steps or use the ramp. Sand bottom pool was great for my 4 yr old daughter, then pool goes from 3 ft around to 5 1/2ft at both ends. we booked through hilton so we had free hot buffet breakfast everyday & food was really good. The only thing the hotel didn't have was playground area for children.also 2 other pools right next to one another. then the splash water park is a walk from the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 11 July 2011

This is the second time we stayed at this resort. Overall the second experience was not as good as the first...

Pros- large 2 bedroom condo, clean upon arrival, easy check in, comfortable beds, location on beach was nice, nice pools, clean pools, water park for kids was nice and not too far a walk to get to, towels available at pools

Cons- not enough handicapped parking spaces, empty valet spaces hogged most of first level parking, parking cost $7.99 per day to self park, housekeeping was fine for most days,
but one day they just dumped clean towels on the sofa and that was it, no ne ever answers
the phones when calling the desk, pool attendents seemed annoyed to dish out pool towels
(though always plentiful), ocean view meant hanging over balcony to see the ocean (previous stay ocean view was great, this time our room overlooked entrance), pool music too loud, jetted tub did not work (although they compensated parking expense for this inconvenience), music van blocked handicapped entrance, expensive, smoking allowed in pool area and all over grounds, extra charge for wifi

Overall good stay, but for the price I would expect better service and not to be charged more for parking and wifi since we already paid a bundle. BUT i would return here as it was clean and comfortable and cleanliness is my top proirity.

5  Thank OurFamOfFive
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed here in May, and I was so happy we did. We got a two bedroom condo, with 2 full baths, full kitchen, laundry room, large dining room, and living room. It even had a door bell! Kitchen came with all utensils, pans, plates, etc. Our room had a large balcony with 3 sliding doors. Beds were amazing. This condo was about 15 minutes from the popular tourist area, where the tacky shops and old hotels are. If you're looking for a nice place away from the traffic and tourists, then this is the place to stay. The beach and pool area were very nice.

The only semi-compliant I would have was the check in. Since this was our first stay, we brought all our stuff into the condo lobby and no one was there. You actually have to check in at the hotel, a short walk away, but there should have a sign. There is no need to pay for valet, since the parking garage is very close.

This property is in a good location near Broadway at the Beach and Barefoot Landing. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Pros:
The bar staff at the outdoor Wet Whistle were very nice!
The check-in staff were nice.
The housekeepers were nice and while I only stayed at the Royale Palms in the 275 king guest room ocean view, which is small relatively speaking, the layout is odd and the bathroom is a bit ridiculously large, the Hilton lobby, the gym and the building itself was clean and well kept.
The bed was nice -I slept well, but could not leave the door open due to noise, even on the 22nd floor, which really was a downer since I like to listen to the ocean.
Starbucks in the lobby, nice, and if you get an iced coffee you can get a refill for $1.08 using the same cup... very nice.
Chicken fingers at the bar were good - spicy.
Get the giant shaker with one of the mixed drinks that come in it for $20 and you can drink for two the rest of the time for $12 - they refill it. This is the best deal, the skinny margarita was awesome.
Cafe Almafi, so so -I had salmon and it was great, but no one else liked their food. Waiter was lovely though (Taylor).
In general, the staff were great...

Caveats:
Let me start by saying that I paid for a higher floor because I knew this overlooked three pools = noise galore during the day = and I am very aware that the worst time of year to go to Myrtle is 4th of July, believe me, I know this... the best time is September! That said, when you gotta go you gotta go and so here we go with the cons and I am truly sorry that they outweigh the pros and that I actually have to get out of debt to pay off this room!

Cons:
NOT ENOUGH POOL CHAIRS! For two days, I forked over close to $700 just for the room itself, and there were not two chairs to be had by the pool by 10am. It was truly ridiculous. I asked the pool staff how the chairs work, and if they had more, the answer was as ludicrous as the question itself, and it was "we have an hour policy, if someone does not go to the chair within an hour" trailed off.. I asked, "then what?" they said, "we take their stuff off the chair...." and as I listen to this my first thought is, how could you possibly policy hour long stays out of the chairs? Ridiculous rule and truly ludicrous situation. My reply? So, for $700 I don't have a pool chair? Truly upsetting and all I got were excuses. Cabanas go for $150 - a very nice thing - if one were in VEGAS and wanted to pay for Vegas prices... Myrtle Beach is not Vegas.

Hotel is skimpy when it comes to toiletries and toilet paper. We ran out -these are little things that add up to a huge deal. They don't give lotion, hardly any shampoo or conditioner, and no tissues in the room. This may be a condo owner issue, not sure. But it was lame. Also, we had two cups, two glasses, no silverware, and NO perks.

The room was as bare as a motel 6.

And small.

Did I mention how small the room was? Luckily, I love my boyfriend of 8 years.

I peered in to the other rooms that were larger, while much nicer, they were further from the ocean so unless you want a view of a trailer park to the north or an amusement park to the south and have to look one way or another for the ocean, get a room as close to ocean front as you can. The building's shape does not allow for this easily - I did not know this.

Drinks - expensive.

Live band on the day of arrival, supposedly everyone's favorite - outside of the fact that they played "Brick House" for about a half hour (God help me if I heard them sing, "one, two, you know what to do" ever again) while an unexpected con, not in to live bands within a 100 square foot radius above my hotel room.

Three pools and all of them filled to the brim with kids - and not a chair to be had.

Needless to say, next time, I will stay at the Hampton. It is truly the best deal for the best quality and is directly on the ocean.

If I had my way, I would receive a credit or some sort because my parents our Myrtle locals and this was truly kind of a waste of cash.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay for mostly every little perk during summer.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank socioqueen
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Overall the hotel was very nice, however, I felt it a bit decieved about the "waterview" since you could only see the water once outside on the balcony and not from our room. Housekeeping service was weak when you needed something from them.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The condo was very nice and just the perfect space we needed for our family. The third bedroom was really a separate room and nice for our older son and his wife. However, we will not be coming back. We had an ocean front condo and with the band playing outside most of the afternoon it was very, very noisy. The air conditioner did not work, despite calls to management. It dripped loudly onto a pan and did not cool. Housecleaning arrived very late or not at all. There were extremely long lines waiting for the elevators. Do not rent the chairs and umbrellas. They were a waste of money as they were broken and falling apart. The pools were fun for the children.

2  Thank StriderMom
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I am rather reluctant to write such a positive review, because I am always wary that if more people flock to a hotel that I recommend, that will make my rates higher and reservations much more difficuolt to obtain. Be that as it may, this was probably the nicest condo my husband and I have ever rented at Myrtle Beach. We have always liked the Arcadian Shores area, but this fairly new hotel had the nicest furnishings and the most space of any oceanfront property we have rented in the past 32 years. There really is a nice ocean view from the patio, the living room, and the bedroom; no, you don't have to twist your neck "thataway" and use your binoculars to see it. The kitchen had all the basics, and the granite countertops and modern appliances were a nice touch. I loved the variety of pools and spent time at two of them during the week. The lobby leads to the Hilton, which had a restaurant, but we found that to be a bit expensive for our budget. I loved the beach bar and poolside service; there is nothing more indulgent than lying by a pool and having someone bring you strawberry daiquiris. Only negatives I would comment on is the lack of any air conditioning or even air circulating in the parking garage elevators. When we weren't dealing with luggage, we took the stairs as often as possible. The other negative is that the pools are not equipped with lifeguards; I'm not sure how such a large property is allowed to simply post a sign that says "No lifeguards--Swim at Your Own Risk." I saw several 8-10 year olds boys diving head first in an area that clearly stated "No Diving,." No one called them on it; no parents were around. If anything happened, I wonder how the Hilton's sign would protect them in a court of law. Overall, I enjoyed our week at the Royale Palms; I love having a living room, sofa and chairs rather than two beds in a hotel room. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Check local realty agents if Hilton has no rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple