“I wish all MB properties were this gorgeous!!”

Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
Ranked #16 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Great Falls, Virginia
“I wish all MB properties were this gorgeous!!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed in one of the nicest hilton properties I have ever stayed in. The 2 bedroom condo was nothing short of fabulous! Amazing ocean and lagoon views...beautifully appointed. I have high standards, so I tend to be disappointed when traveling. But no one would be disappointed by the beautiful furnishings, and huge condo. The pool area was nice with a bar. You can walk from the pool right out to the beach...just a beautiful place to be. Oh and really good customer service too..The grounds were gorgeous with palms and tropical plantings..but the rooms are really the deal....they are amazing...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Lewes, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

As during a previous stay, the hotel's grounds, staff and breakfast meals are excellent. There is a need to do some upgrades and perhaps look at some maintenance needs on elevator interiors and perhaps room telephones. I would stay there again never-the-less.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Myrtle Beach, United States
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Royale Palms was the perfect getway. I had to attend for a conference from work. It was great to come back and enjoy cable tv, clean rooms, comforable bed, and a nice kitchenette wit/ ktichen utensils included. I wish the conference lasted longer, lol. I look forward to staying there on every visit to the beach now.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was our third trip to Royal Palms and it lived up to our expectations as always. I screwed up my reservation and didn't discover it until I got to the Honors check in desk. Virginia and another lady (whose name I forgot) were fantastic. They ensured that we were taken care of even though it was my mistake. Every staff member we engaged with were extremely friendly and helpful, the entire Hilton/Royal Palms area was extremely clean, and the room was outstanding. We stayed in a 3 bedroom with a lockout room on a high floor and enjoyed every second of it. The room was exceptionally clean, modern, full of essentials needed to accommodate kids, and the view was amazing.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Business T
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you want to be on the Ocean, this is the place to be. I love it there in the winter months because it is not crowded. I will go back, and I recommend it to you. Lots of good eating places close by, and multiple golf courses. The Hilton Resort at North Myrtle Beach or the Kingston Plantation is the place to be.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, United States
Reviewed 13 November 2013

While it is not a luxurious hotel, the Hilton provides very good ammenities, upscale and clean rooms, and a convenient location. The staff is helpful and friendly. The rooms have an excellent view of the ocean. If you are in need of conference space, the Hilton is an excellent venue.

1 Thank Howard M
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I've just returned from a week at Royale Palms, so be prepared for a long review ahead...

Immediately upon arrival, I noticed the property and grounds are very beautiful. The condo we stayed in included parking passes for all of our guests, so we didn't have to pay. Otherwise, be prepared to shell out around $9-$10 a day (I believe it's somewhere in that ballpark, could be more). Because this was a November stay, there was never a shortage of luggage carts, which was nice.

The very first con I encountered was the sweltering hallways. Not really a big deal, but even though it was chilly outside, I thought I'd pass out pushing all of my luggage to my unit at the end of the hall from the elevator because it was so hot. The hallways remained uncomfortably warm throughout the duration of our trip. The next con was the door locks. I'm not sure how all rentals operate, but ours used an actual, metal key, instead of one of those typical hotel card keys. It took us a while to figure out how to open the door with this key, as it seemed to require the force of life to get the lock turned. Again, not a huge deal, but kind of aggravating.

We stayed in a three bedroom unit, with one of the bedrooms being a lockout room. The condo, itself, was beautifully furnished and modern. It was very large and comfy. Having the lockout room was awesome because it was like having an entirely separate unit where I could retreat from everyone. I had a mini-fridge in the lockout and a microwave, as well as a private balcony. Loved the little seats in the showers. The only con in the lockout room was that the hot water heater did not seem to be performing well. This may have just been an issue with my room, only, and not an issue of all of Royale Palms, in general.

The second day of our trip to Royale Palms, we visited the guest services desk in the Hilton and received cold, unwelcoming service from a female employee whose name I did not catch. The next day, the same employee told us we could not use the business center because we were Royale Palms guests, not Hilton. Even though we were under the impression that all amenities were shared (if this is, indeed, not true, the hotel and the condominium need to represent themselves as separate entities to clear up confusion).

Later in the week, although discouraged by our first visit, we re-visited the Hilton service desk and were greeted by a very cheerful, lovely woman named Audra or Audrey. She was amazing. Instead of barking at us, she sparked conversation and even gave us a slew of coupons for restaurants we planned to attend. She gave us a shuttle map and everything. Everyone else we encountered on the Hilton staff was 100% lovely (all with the exception of the woman who was servicing the guest desk on Sunday and Monday of last week). I mean, someone in my group actually remarked on our last night, "This place has the most welcoming, friendly staff I have ever encountered in my life!" The shuttle drivers, Jimmy and Joe, were a delight.

Oh, and speaking of shuttle, the SHUTTLE! This was a very unexpected, delightful perk. Basically, from around 6-7 AM until 10 PM (12 AM on weekend nights) you can go down to the Hilton guest services desk, tell them you need the shuttle, and they will pick you up and take you to a variety of nearby stores and restaurants. All of the ladies in my group were actually able to have a drink at dinner without having to worry about arranging a DD.

The whole place is very clean. I noticed a lot of times cleaning crews would be vacuuming and mopping the lobby. I even saw someone cleaning the plants in there, so cleanliness is definitely not skimped on. The elevators, these guys have to do something about. The two on the left began shutting down on the second to last day of our trip. Almost got stuck twice, very frightening.

Didn't get to use the pools, at all, because it was too cold out. There should be some definite consideration of adding an indoor pool somewhere in either the Hilton or Royale Palms. The hot tubs were nice, just a little over-chlorinated.

Room Tip: The three-bedroom, oceanfront units have lockout suites, which are great for couples traveling toget...