“Condo Stay in hotel setting”

Royale Palms Condominiums by Hilton
Ranked #18 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Terriffic Condo stay, but with all the hotel amenities. worked perfect for my family - full kitchen saved $$ and allowed us to eat on our time schedule. Liked that the bedrooms were on seperate sides of condo - allowing for more privacy - very spacious, and both bathrooms were large master suite "like" Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Leslie R

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A few years ago I stayed at the Hilton right next door and enjoyed the property and stay. The Royale Palms, which is literally next door, seemed like a very clean and open property and I had my mind set on staying there on my next visit to Myrtle Beach. This place did not disappoint!

I worked through Palmetto Management Company to set this up. They were very accommodating and made the experience rather convenient. After arriving at the property I was truly blown away by the amount of room in this unit-2405. I had a 2 bed/2 bath until with an additional lockout side that had 1bed/1 bath. The condo itself was very clean. The kitchen was very modern with the granite tops, super size fridge and plenty of lighting. The bedrooms were very roomy. The beds took a little while to get used to ..mattress was soft but was very comfortable. The bathrooms were VERY roomy and modern with marble and stone tile. The dining room was a good size and the living room, although a bit smaller, was enough considering the amount of time we spent in the unit. To add to it, there was a washer/dryer, utility closet in the unit. Did I mention the amount of room in this place! The views from the 24th floor (top floor) were amazing. From what I see there were 8 units on this floor and it seemed like floors 2-12 had more units per floor for rental through Hilton. Hopefully the quality is consistent throughout.

Given I stayed at the Hilton previously which was next to Royale Palms, I knew the property overall was well kept. The maintenance staff was consistently cleaning the lobby and common areas to keep up that appearance that first attracted me to the property. There were plenty of kid’s activities, 3 pools, and of course the beach just steps away. This is one of the real advantages of a beachfront property. You have the convenience of hanging out on the beach then jumping in the pool without having a car full of stuff in tow.

The property location is great! It is in the North Central part of Myrtle Beach which is less congested then other areas. The property is less than 2 miles away from Tanger Outlets, Wall Mart and a mall. Very convenient if you need to pick up some things for the unit or just do some shopping. Not too far from rte 17 so you have quick access to get north or south pretty quickly.

If you have never been to Myrtle Beach there is plenty of stuff to do outside of the beach and pool. There is plenty of golf around and spas if you are looking for that. With our kids, we found ourselves in Broadway at the Beach (which ironically is nowhere near any resorts or the beach). There’s lots of stuff to do there along with plenty of restaurants. I was a bit disappointed in the aquarium given the amount of money charged but that is for another review! Aside from this place there are still even more places to visit in Myrtle Beach.

A few downside items that had this stay/place lose a star rating. Although the units were very clean and modern, the showers in the unit could use a little attention. I realize these places rotate renters throughout the year but a deep cleaning of the unit, (Carpet cleaning, steaming the shower tiles to remove mildew from the grout) could serve this unit well. The carpet also was bunched in some places and could simply be pulled/kicked tight during the deep cleaning. There were also several light bulbs that were burned out which I raised to the management company. There are only 3 elevators in this building. So while the views from the top floor were amazing, you do have a trade off in even getting to the top floor especially during busy times of the day. The water in the biggest pool on the Hilton side started to get a little hazy at the middle of a busy day. All the sun tan lotion, and who knows what else started caking up in one corner. I raised it to the staff and they could have shut down the pool for a bit to correct that but did not take that step.

Overall, the stay in Royale Palms was very good. I would recommend this property to anyone looking to have room, comfort, and convenience on your vacation. It is a bit pricey but for a family with 3 adults and 2 kids it was worth the cost for not being on top of each other for a week.

Helpful hint. Get to the pool early. Space does fill up quickly and if you get there in busy season past 11am you’re too late!! The beach also fills up quickly. If you are looking to rent an umbrella and chairs, best to get these in advance. You are also on top of each other on the beach (not sure why they did this) so you may want to get your own chairs/umbrella so you can create your own space. If you have your own, you can set up pretty much anywhere but get there early to get a good spot on busy days.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank randralways
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I had a great time; the staff were helpful and friendly. The check in and checkout process was quick and pleasant. The only drawback is that the hotel was far away from the city and major entertainment. They have a shuttle that will take you to the mall and surrounding restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very good place for a business meeting. The family has lots of activities very close to the hotel. The meeting facilities were conveniently located next to the hotel and the convention food was also very good. This is the 3rd year that we have met at the Hilton and we plan to be here next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The property was top notch from the moment of arrival to departure. The rooms were great and would not hesitate to refer friends and family. The condo was spacious, decor very pleasing and very up to date. The kitchen had spacious and well equipped.The Tv's were all high definition with a good variety of channels. The balcony was huge which allowed for entertaining with friends

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have never stayed at the Royale Palms facility on the Kingston property before and I loved it. I actually like it much better than the Embassy Property that is the main hotel for the Kingston. The rooms are much nicer and the property a little more quiet. For couples and older guests, there were many less small children on this property, which is important to me when I travel with my husband.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We have been staying at the Hilton Myrtle Beach (usually in the Royal Palms Condos) for several years. We are Hilton Honors Gold members and stay almost strictly at Hilton hotels because we have come to expect great service and accommodations. The Hilton in Myrtle is a special location for our family - my husband and I were married in the hotel 5 years ago with 100 of our guests staying at the resort and we have brought our extended family back multiple times a year to enjoy the resort since then. I have never had a complaint. We are recognized and greeted by bellman and waitresses who remember us each summer. The hotel has always gone above our expectations. Granted their is a line for elevators and the internet can be slow, but I can overlook these issues because the experience is always great overall.
This year, we found ourselves extremely frustrated by an aggressive pool staffer. While the towel attendants and bar staff are excellent, the "guest services" attendant, Tom, spent the week harassing anyone he could. He seemed to actually enjoy it. He asked to see your wristbands every 20 minutes, looked through coolers regularly, and removed towels from pool chairs if he determined you had been away from your chair for too many minutes. We were confronted by Tom at least 8 times a day. He indicated he "had it out for us". When I shared with the manager on duty my concern, he didn't validate or address the issue, which was disappointing and just shows the hotel stands behind such poor behavior.
The purpose of the hotels new wristband policy is to ensure others aren't using guest amenities. I get that. I abided by the policy, keeping a wristband on or near me at all times. With a 9 day stay and a 8 month old infant in tow, I found having something on my wrist became a struggle and nuisance. Reasonable "guest service" members allow you to attach your wristband to a pool bag, strap on your bathing suit, wherever you wanted just so they knew you belonged at the hotel. Not Tom. He got pleasure out of yelling at guests, threatening to kick them out, mocking guests who tried to breaks his laws, etc. If they didn't put the band exactly where he wanted it for that day, he made a scene. Several other guests expressed their frustration with his harassment that detracted from their relaxing vacation. I get the policy, but he way it is being enforced is harassing guests, not intruders.
Tom needs to go, or he needs to stop harassing loyal, paying customers. After 7 years of coming to this hotel, we probably will find somewhere more relaxing and less intrusive to stay next year, thanks to Tom. While his job is to keep intruders out, in result, Tom is keeping loyal customers from returning. Such a shame, especially considering our history with his hotel and it being the place we were married and now wanted our children to enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2014