“Always Very Interesting!”

Ranked #32 of 128 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We come to Apache Pier every time we come to Myrtle Beach. The fisherman watching is fun and the atmosphere is laid back. Even when they aren't catching the IT fish, they tell interesting stories and they are usually catching other types of fish. I like to see the sharks follow the fishing lines back up to the pier. It's amazing to me how close the sharks are to the beach. In fact it's always amazing to me to watch all the activity happening on the pier that is so near the swimmers and they seem oblivious! We avoid Myrtle Beach in the summer months, so I am not sure what happens then, but fishing goes on on the pier year 'round. Bring a jacket, even in Spring and Fall, in case.

2  Thank kendallc-h
in 8 reviews
"arcade"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Nice pier off the busy downtown area. Beach is very nice and not as crowded as the beach is to the south.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

First I am a big surf fisherman, which is one of the reasons why I go to myrtle beach. Personally I have done much better from the surf catching Sharks, Reds, Flounder, Blues, Whiting, Lady fish, etc... I personally do not know how their fishing deals/rates compare.

I wanted to show some of my family how they fish for kings at the end of the pier and saw coupon in book for free admission. Get there and guy in booth makes me pay $5 to park and hands me a map that makes no sense and tells us to go park. Get on the pier pay again and walk it out to the end. Nothing was being caught that day but don't understand why anyone should have to pay to park or even walk the pier. Just annoyed me I guess I will stick with fishing from the surf.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

We stayed at Margate towers right by the pier
enjoyed the walk on pier each day visiting with everyone along the way.Breakfast at the cafe is a must,bloody Mary's are wonderful there.

1  Thank richardwO1209PF