“Another great visit”

Ranked #29 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Archdale, North Carolina
“Another great visit”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Well to start off check in was soooo fast that we were in the pool swimming 10 mins after we arrived . But when we got to the room I was blown away , they remodeled the room new marble counter top in kitchen and bathroom and new carpet from the outside hallway to inside the room and even on the balcony. The furniture was new but the only things that did not change was the friendly staff and the great service. The only thing that was a little troublesome was the fact the other vacationers did not watch their children very well in the pool aera. I think I found our new home away from home. The tiki bar was awesome we had the big bucket of drink which was good and we were in sim suits so did not have my wallet on me so the bar says ' no problem we can charge it to your room" . Overall I have to say that this place will be my forever myrtle beach vacation place to stay . Nothing there was bad service wise you know even the maintenance people took time to stop and talk and the maid staff was friendly and just great over the top service . Love the Dayton House and wish we could have stayed longer but there is always our next stay! Keep up the good work guys I am running out of people I know to tell about this place!

2 Thank shane_mcrary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Hotel was in good condition. Great views. Comfortable beds. Clean rooms. Courteous staff. Central locatoin to all the hot spots. and best location of all Beach front.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank smatzke64
Crestview
Reviewed 11 June 2011

I really enjoyed my stay in the South Bldg. of the Dayton House Resort. My visit there was exceptional. The staff were very helpful and courteous. My room overlooked the ocean, which brought so much peace to my days there. Housekeeping was superb. The most enjoyable was the pool, and how family oriented the staff is. I will be back. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Overlooking the Ocean
3 Thank spanglishbl
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Great room...Super rate....Super clean...Friendly staff...Great pools.... Great area.... Had the best stay ever... from May 28th until June 3 2011.....Will be back for sure soon!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We went down Myrtle beach on the last day of Black Bike week and had a little much needed R&R. The streets are very crowd and loud, but we had a very quick check in and the staff were quite nice. We got the West Building which is across the street from the beach, but that's okay, it's less than 2 mins walk anyway. There are several parking lots free just for Dayton House guests. The West building is a little run down, more like a motel since you can see the rooms from the street. The bathroom is a little cram. However, I do love the huge fridge, the big microwave, the cooking stove, and full utensils in the room. I guess the full supplies are for long-term customers, so it's very convenient for us. For breakfast, you can easily walk to Uncle John restaurant catty corner from the West building. There are several pools, hot tubes and one lazy river on the main premises on the beach. And the yellow umbrella chairs are a treat. We did have a good time there, but we'll think twice about going back in the same area since it looks like most hotels on the beach do look like just motels on the beach and no more. We'll probably book something more inland, but we'll see, if we get a really good deal, we'll come back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank mistie320
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I've stayed at several Hotels in Myrtle Beach over the years, but since 2002 I stay at the Dayton House every year 3rd week of September. Actually one of the better weeks if you are single and traveling alone. The kids are back in school and it's just us singles, seniors and married without children. Football season has started so it's off to some local pubs for the games and then off to Broadway At The Beach to have some brews and sing along at Dueling Pianos. During the day I walk the beach or lounge in the pool and lazy river. I wouldn't stay anywhere else and there are some great calabash's in North Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view.
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Rangergirl11
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 3 June 2011

My husband and I stayed in an oceanview 2 room suite with our 2-year-old from May 29-June 2, 2011, and just loved Dayton House. Our room was great - the queen bed in the bedroom was very comfortable, and our 2-year-old slept fine on the murphy bed in the living room. We loved having the full kitchen - having a fridge and freezer was awesome for sodas and snacks, and we were able to make quick easy meals.

We had a lovely view of the beach and ocean from our balcony. Loved the 3 pools, the lazy river and the 3 jacuzzis, as did our 2 year old. The best part was they were all shaded in the afternoon. Also loved all the umbrellas and the direct access to the beach and ocean. It was awesome being able to go from ocean/beach to pools to shady grass.

The service was always helpful, and the whole facility was very clean and well cared-for. Great prices, too. Overall, a wonderful experience.

5 Thank sbarber