Dayton House Resort
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$134
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$113
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$78
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$52
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$73
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$88
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$81
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$73
US$205
US$178
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$78
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,989 results
All reviewssuites buildingyellow umbrellasyella umbrellaacross the streetlazy riversouth buildingocean frontgrassy areazero entryoceanfront efficiencylounge chairsconvention centersky wheelmurphy bedhot tuboceanfront roomparking garage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This hotel is older but very clean and very well kept up in side and out.we had a two room st.over looking the ocean it was very nice!! The staff there are also very nice and helpful.I believe a family owned business they do try harder to please because they want you to come back. There is every thing a family would want at this Resort even location is good.

Room Tip: ocean front blg.6
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I just returned from staying at the Dayton House for 9 day's and night's. As alway's the staff (inside and out), maid service, snack bar (Diane and husband) were all excellent. I have stayed here for several year's and cannot imagine staying any place else. Everything (inside and ouut) is so clean. Hope to go back this fall for 2 week's.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Toby P
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My soon to be wife and I spent 5 nights at the south building. First off DO NOT Bring your family on Momorial weekend. What no one tells you is that it is black bike weekend!!! But for the hotel the elevators are old slow and the doors open before you stop on your floor. We were on the 5th floor many nights the elevator would take us up to the 9th floor sit there with doors closed than back to the right floor. Next was the bathroom that is the size of a closet and if you are much taller than 5 foot 4 prepare to bend down to wash your self vary low shower heads. The room was ok beside the gross fridge. Ocean front does provide a nice view. Pools were nice but always to dirty for my liking. I stay at a lot of hotels for my job and by far this had to be one of the worst ever. We plan on coming back to Myrtal Beach but will defentaly find a new hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have a hard time giving this hotel a 3. I have been comming to dayton house since I was little in the 70's. First, we came on memorial weekend BIG MISTAKE!!! Myrtle beaches "black bike week" When we first found out I contacted the hotel and was told it didnt come down into myrtle beach and it may not be the best family weekend but bike week should not impact our trip. WRONG!!! Bikes are not allowed on property, but there is public access/parking between buildings and they pile 6-7 bikes in a space for $6 a day. The noise and traffic after 5pm is almost unbearable. I realize the hotel can not help this but I feel they should have been honest. I have never been scared to leave my room until this trip. There was marijuana smell in my room for 2 nights and I finally called the front desk it got so bad. I should have done it sooner, because it did get better after that. On monday there was a young boy(9 or so) in the pool that stated he was from myrtle beach and we never saw anyone watching him all day so he was either dropped off or something. We did not report it because we felt sorry for him. he was obviously hungry. My son stepped on a beer cap in the hot tub pretty bad. blood everywhere. picked up about 10 of them, and took them to the desk complaining.
the good things.... I will not stop coming here. I feel most of the problems were out of the hotels control. I just wish they had been honest when we asked about the bike week. The rooms are big, and we were able to sleep 6 with no problem. the pools and grounds are always clean, every morning they are out there. the rooms were recently updated with granite counter tops in kitchen, bathroom and the end table in living area. full kitchen is awsome, and make sure you eat at uncle johns, and kirks ice cream. close to broadway on the beach and the pier. my son caught 2 baby sharks!!
overall, after the bikers went home we had an awesome time.

Room Tip: family suites are the only wat to go all are ocean front, and have a seperate living area with pull down bed, and full kitchen.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank zoom8942
A TripAdvisor Member
Wake Forest, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Dayton House. The first night we were in a building across the street (we didn't realize that it was across the street when we booked, it just said not ocean front) but the staff worked with us and got us an ocean front room for the next two nights (we had to pay to upgrade but that was fine) and we loved it so much. It was a great experience -- the staff was great, the hotel, room, and grounds were very clean, the pools were clean, everything was great. We will definitely go back there!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member