“Stay here once and you'll be a repeat guest”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #30 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We never consider staying anywhere else in Myrtle Beach. Consistantly exceeds expectations in every way. Whether you are a young couple, family with children or mid lifers, there will be something to meet your needs here. Very clean and comfortable, and the views from the rooms are outstanding. We appreciate the culture of the resort-to provide a great experience while on vacation.

Room Tip: We prefer the higher floors oceanfront since we don't have small children and we like more quiet...
2  Thank pj10_11

Reviewed 7 July 2012

I stayed at the Dayton House during the week of June 25. The hotel exceeded my expectations and the view from my oceanfront suite was unbelievable.

I was pleasantly surprised when I first walked into my room in the (older) center building. The décor is outdated as others have mentioned, but the furniture looked brand new and was well-kept. The room was spotless and super-clean. The bed was probably one of the most comfortable beds I’ve slept on in a hotel. The bed sheets looked brand new, too. The air conditioning was bone-chillingly cold, too—something quite refreshing to have with 100-degree heat wave temps during my stay! The free wireless internet was fast and reliable.

The front desk staff was extremely nice and helpful and always greeted me as I came and went. I was pleasantly surprised the housekeeping staff respected my ‘do not disturb’ sign on the door—many other hotels I’ve stayed in previously would knock and wake me up at the crack of dawn if I left the sign up for more than a day. Not at the Dayton House! This earned major gold stars in my book.

The hotel grounds were picture-perfect. There always seemed to be a chair for me at the pool, even when it was packed. I only used the zero-entry pool directly in front of the center building, but it was refreshing. The location of the hotel put it right in the middle of everything, but without the craziness seen further south on Ocean Blvd.

There were only a few very minor downsides. The parking lot immediately across from the oceanfront buildings (between Ocean and Withers) is very tight and difficult to reverse out of, and I was driving a regularly-sized sedan. I decided to use the lot immediately west of the West Building. It was a 1-2 minute walk to my room but there was always lots of parking spaces and I had lots of room to reverse, etc. I didn’t use the (much closer) parking decks but they seemed to have ample parking from what I could see.

Although the room had a nice HDTV, the hotel only had analog cable (no HD picture on the channels).

I am a nonsmoker and Dayton House’s stance on a completely smoke-free resort was a huge factor in my booking. I was disappointed to find numerous guests openly smoking at the pool and hotel staff smoking on the property (outside). I care less if people smoke, and those who did smoke were courteous and stayed away from everyone else as they did it. It never affected me other than seeing it happen, but it was just a little sad to see such a simple hotel policy be broken by many people. I just wanted to note this as I can imagine others might have stronger feelings about this than I do.

Overall, I had a great week at the hotel and I have nothing but good things to say about the place. I’m now trying to figure out when I will be able to return to the Dayton House next summer!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GuitarGuy7
Reviewed 6 July 2012

From check in to check out I could not find one thing wrong with the place and I am too picky sometimes. The rooms, pool area, parking area everything is clean!! The people working there are so nice and understanding of your needs. There are many things to do close by. We had a kitchen in our room and it was just big enough for what we needed it for. We will go back again and again!! O and very quiet!!

4  Thank Stacie A
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I have been coming to Myrtle Beach since I was a little girl (for about 30 years) and each year my family returns to the Dayton House. It's been a few years since everyone has been able to go, but this year brought back 35 of us. The Dayton House treated us so well and we will return again next year because of it. The grounds, pools and rooms are always so clean and it is located so close to the main strip, favorite restaurants, and even Broadway on the Beach.

Thanks for another great week of vacation. We will see you again next June!

1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 6 July 2012

For the past twelve years my family and I always come back to the Dayton House for our summer vacations and sometimes for Thanksgiving. We love it !! I tell all my friend that come to Myrtle Beach that it's the place to stay. Not too noisy, but yet close to everything. The service is the best! They treat us like family. It's a beautiful place with all the amenities you could ever want. Be back for two weeks next year. Lew & Peg

Room Tip: The corner suites give you a view of the ocean from your bedroom as well as your baclony facing the...
1  Thank Lewpeg
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Our 17th Year started on June 18,2012 and ended on June 29, 2012. The place hasn't changed. It is still the #1 resort in Myrtle Beach as far as I'm concerned. The staff, housekeepers,maintanence workers, front desk clerks are still as friendly, and helpful as ever. The rooms are well kept, and up to date, the walk-in pool is definitely a plus. The grassy area by the pool/beach is well maintained and the tables with umbrellas are great. Already have my reservation for next year. See you then.

Room Tip: Rooms in the north tower were recently renevated
3  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We have had the pleasure of staying at the Dayton House numerous times and each stay has been superb! We love the location with it's proximity to Broadway at the Beach and great restaurants. The pools are sparkling clean and the yards are well-maintained. We can't say enough about the grassy area with the yellow umbrellas and the views of the beach. Parking is never a problem and the weight room is top-notch. The staff go out of their way to make each stay enjoyable. This is definitely a family run resort that takes pride in their business.

Room Tip: Rooms in the West Builiding are quiet and have a great view of the nightly parade of cruisers down O...
1  Thank Lulu lulu