“Weekend stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
coventry, ri
“Weekend stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wife & I stayed here for 3 nights and had a great time. We booked an angled ocean view room and were surprised how nice the room was. We were on the sixth floor of the north building and had a large balcony with a decent ocean view. There was pleanty of parking, but if you arrived back late at night you had to park in the garage about 100 yards from the hotel. The pools & hot tubs were great and stayed open past 1030 at night. The lazy river was on the smaller side, but did its jobs. The lawn area is great with lounge chairs & umbrellas. Overall the hotel shows its age, but the rooms are fine. The kitchen counter is very small, but managable. The only downside was that the bathtub was too high. I'm 5'11 and could not stretch my arm up in the shower without banging the ceiling. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dennis b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Wife and I and some friends drove down to Myrtle Beach for a weekend, although the building are showing their age, our room was was very nice...even after the summer surge the carpets looked new, the bedding was amazing, granite counter tops, super clean. The indoor/outdoor pool was a little chilly but the big walk in pool was heated and so enjoyable after a long day of shopping. We only live in Columbia so we take weekend getaways a dozen or more times a year and will we definitely return to Dayton House.

Room Tip: Dayton Hall has several building be sure to ask for Dayton Hall Suites.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Redhawk51
warrensville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Dayton House Resort, Myrtle Beach, is a consistently friendly, inviting atmosphere that brings us back annually to restore our spirits and feel rejuvenated about life for the year ahead. The amenities are enough to make us want to return, but the reception and cleaning staff do such an efficient and helpful job of making our room and stay there so comfortable and relaxed, that we never call our year complete without a visit for a week or so. Over the past several decades, we have never found another vacation accommodation that made us want (even need) to return to like this one. From the moment we arrive through our stay, Dayton House makes us feel like we are "coming home".

Room Tip: Beach front efficiency rooms - especially on the upper floors - are the best: the views are outstan...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed 3 nights at Dayton house resort in the south building. The balcony has a angled view of the ocean that was nice. They advertise that the property is SMOKE FREE but there is 20/20 catch. Only rooms are smoking free but you can smoke in balcony. This is ridiculous to me. If i keep the door open and smoke in balcony then the room is for sure will be filled with smoke. I hate smoking and in my next balcony there was a person who is heavy smoker. I can hardly go out in my balcony and sit there to enjoy ocean breeze as constantly i was getting smoke from next balcony.When i complained it to management they gave me stupid excuse that ONLY room are smoke free. It is like reading notice outside hospital SMOKE free but except patient room you can smoke in rest of the hospital area. Room was OK. Bedding quality was really poor. Spring box was so old that u can not sit on the bad at the edge else u will fall down because of loose spring box. Kitchen area was toooooo small that hardly you can put a single plate on the kitchen platform. In the bathroom the water flow is slow from the shower. Only thing i like is the lawn area with yellow umbrella where you can go and sit in the evening to relax and see the water. Other good thing is that it is close to many attractions but there are other resorts in the same row where i can shop next time to stay near attractions.Lazy river and pool water was not great. may be lot of people i the water at the same time. In short, next time i will go out and shop elsewhere and will not stay at Dayton house. It does not worth my hard earn money.

Room Tip: Angle Ocean view room in the south building has a nice angel ocean view if u want to save some money...
1 Thank Bob H
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I was overall very satisfied with the Dayton House Resort especially considering the price.  I was very skeptical from the various reviews and I know how picky I am about where I sleep so I went in with very mixed ideas.  However, I was pleasantly surprised.   We stayed in the North Building, oceanfront.  The room was very clean and quite comfortable (there was only two of us).  The bathtub room was kind of small but the resort is older and I can live with that.  The bed was comfortable and although we did not use the kitchen, it was convenient to have it available to you.  The yellow umbrella area was nice and I thoroughly enjoyed the whirlpools.  The convenience of the beach was also a plus.  I really enjoyed my stay and will visit the Dayton House again.  Based on the economical price, cleanliness and service from the staff, the stay was wonderful!!

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie S
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Loved this place. Very nice location right on the beach with numerous pools and ample parking. Suites are large although somewhat dated, it's clean with an awesome view! W're looking forward to spending a whole week the next time we visit.

3 Thank donna r
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This is the first review I have written and I feel compelled to write because of the good reviews on Dayton House. After staying there for 3 nights I have no idea how anyone could write a good review. The property is old and dated. The pillows have not been changed since the 60's I would guess, as they were totally flat and had no fluff. The airconditioner units blow hot air into the hallways and make it like a suana when you leave and enter your room. The other air conditioner untit blows hot air on the balcony making it impossible to sit out there. The food at the yella bar was horrible...everything was microwaved. In short, the hotel is of poor quality and we will never stay there again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles