We stayed 2 nights at the Dayton House Resort. This is a large resort with alot of very different rooms and buildings, so it is very hard to review. The buildings go from impressive in size and location to depressing in size and location. We got the hotel blind thru Priceline and we paid very little for the room, so we got the depressing property, I guess it was a good value. It was Thanksgiving and the hotel seemed quiet, never the less we were put in the West building....west being away from the ocean, actually across the street. A very old building, probably from the 60's with an elevator to the 6th floor. The room was old, but obviously cleaned. It did have a flatscreen, but not perfect reception. Stove and refer and micro were old but all worked and we used them. A fair selection of dishes and pans and utencils. It was just old and really not thieir best property.
Its hard to quantify a number to this but i would call it a 2 star in the AAA ratings guide and a 3.5 out of 5 in the cleanliness usefullness catagory.
Given a choice, I would not stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and getaroom.com so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach